Review Good/Bad vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Brayden Cook’s decision making and skill level

Luke Nankervis is elite

Dawson’s first qtr was as good as it gets

Jordon Butts is playing really well

Schoenberg made excellent decisions with ball in hand and proved he belongs in the side

Smith played well I thought, although he almost always does in 90+ wins

Sholl - see Smith, but tbh I thought Sholl’s ball use was questionable

Crouch was very good

Berry didn’t impact as much as he should have with ball in hand, but I’m genuinely not sure I’ve ever seen a better tackler. Good luck breaking out of one of those

Jones kicking 3 must surely have been paying 1001.0 - nice to see him impact a game and hopefully gain some confidence

Bad:
West Coast taking the piss away from home

Laird and O’Brien’s decision making

Rachele getting caught holding the ball a minimum of 3 times in situations where high quality players should not be getting caught holding the ball. Plus dropping uncontested chest marks.

Tex took the piss a bit too much

Keane seems to morph into a complete lair every now and then

Hinge lost his mind a few times

Ugly:
Watching Sholl try to tackle a human person or halve a one on one aerial contest

Our draw from here on is savage
Sholl was very good today. And has been good for a while now

If anyone starts a post with "I know we weren't up against much but", stop there.
I know we weren't up against much, but I'll take a %-boosting 99-point win any day.
+13% ...? Ripper!
Take nothing from that game.
Positive takes from that game :sneaky: :
I know we weren't up against much, but
--- Nankervis stepped up and looked best-22. Loved his game today.
--- Berry got a half of footy, better than no time @ AFL level.
--- Fog looked strong with continued good form.
--- Dawson really is a fine choice for Captain; set the tone early.
--- no injuries, always good.

The Crows did what they had to do.

West Coast were so abysmal the game was over 20 minutes into the first quarter.

We even switched off for a bit but even then West Coast couldn't get anything going.

They were completely flogged by Collingwood 2 weeks ago and by GWS and Port earlier in the year. If they played like last week there would have been a contest, but the witches hat version showed up
Cmon mate, we blew them off the park early and never let them back in, it was a good win against a team that’s been largely competitive all year. We made them look bad and they then got shell shocked and couldn’t recover.

I can go back to the gameday thread and bump plenty of posts from people that thought we might actually lose, or others who called this a danger game all week.

Good win, most people played well. West Coast very poor but still had to win and you certainly can't complain about a 15+ goal win. Special mention to Dawson's first quarter which was phenomenal, and Fogarty who had one of his better games.

On the Soligo subbing, I don't understand what the problem people have with it is so maybe someone can explain? Seems like an obvious positive to me.

A common view expressed on here (which I agree with) is that people want the Crows to be a ruthless team that makes practical decisions with the aim of winning AFL games, not based on sentiment or whatever. Soligo is a third year player who is important to our midfield, but doesn't have the years of preseasons and AFL experience behind him that more hardened midfielders have, so workload management is an issue. We don't want to leave him out of the side because he's good and helps us win, but this was an opportunity to manage his workload that doesn't cost us anything, and doesn't require playing him out of position in a live game or anything.

We're 10 goals up at half time, even with a string of unexpected injuries we're not likely to lose, and as a bonus it gives Berry a good run for half a game. What's the problem here? Who should we have subbed instead, and when?

I know we weren't up against much, but I'll take a %-boosting 99-point win any day.
+13% ...? Ripper!

Positive takes from that game :sneaky::
I know we weren't up against much, but
--- Nankervis stepped up and looked best-22. Loved his game today.
--- Berry got a half of footy, better than no time @ AFL level.
--- Fog looked strong with continued good form.
--- Dawson really is a fine choice for Captain; set the tone early.
--- no injuries, always good.

Fair enough, some good calls in there.

Why ? ....and how do you know they were toying with the idea of resting Tex ? .....where's the evidence, or just madeup ****

Geezus Wayne. lol. You are on fire tonight.

Firstly, I have no idea. I was just reponding to a thought about Gollant being kept out of the Sanfl. If it was just for next week, he would have played. Especially since there was a bye the week before.

Why rest Tex? a 34yo we heavily rely on and will need to fire at the end of the season to have a faint chance of finals should have a break and be managed. We were always going to win this game.

Do you know what 'maybe' means? As this was the vocabulary I used to describe my thoughts around resting tex against West Coast. As you can see by the meaning I provided it doesn't mean that something was going to happen or happening.

According to the Oxford Dictionary.

Maybe
adverb
  1. perhaps; possibly.
    "maybe I won't go back"

Can't take too much from that one, West Coast were terrible. Always nice to watch a big win though.

Dawson, Fog, Sholl, Jones, Nank all good. Laird and Crouch pretty solid in the middle. Schoenberg looked pretty good in his first game back and will be better for the run.

Thought Cook looked really good in the first half, faded a bit in the 2nd but was still a good game from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon mate, we blew them off the park early and never let them back in, it was a good win against a team that’s been largely competitive all year. We made them look bad and they then got shell shocked and couldn’t recover.

I can go back to the gameday thread and bump plenty of posts from people that thought we might actually lose, or others who called this a danger game all week.
It was good we didn't shit the bed when handed an opportunity like that on a platter and slaughtered them as they deserved

The reason we put them to the sword early though is they didn't show up. Their pressure was as bad as I've ever seen in a game of football. After that was evident, a complete demolition was par

Geezus Wayne. lol. You are on fire tonight.

Firstly, I have no idea. I was just reponding to a thought about Gollant being kept out of the Sanfl. If it was just for next week, he would have played. Especially since there was a bye the week before.

Why rest Tex? a 34yo we heavily rely on and will need to fire at the end of the season to have a faint chance of finals should have a break and be managed. We were always going to win this game.

Do you know what 'maybe' means? As this was the vocabulary I used to describe my thoughts around resting tex against West Coast. As you can see by the meaning I provided it doesn't mean that something was going to happen or happening.

According to the Oxford Dictionary.

Maybe
adverb
  1. perhaps; possibly.
    "maybe I won't go back"
Got it .....made-up

Good win, most people played well. West Coast very poor but still had to win and you certainly can't complain about a 15+ goal win. Special mention to Dawson's first quarter which was phenomenal, and Fogarty who had one of his better games.

On the Soligo subbing, I don't understand what the problem people have with it is so maybe someone can explain? Seems like an obvious positive to me.

A common view expressed on here (which I agree with) is that people want the Crows to be a ruthless team that makes practical decisions with the aim of winning AFL games, not based on sentiment or whatever. Soligo is a third year player who is important to our midfield, but doesn't have the years of preseasons and AFL experience behind him that more hardened midfielders have, so workload management is an issue. We don't want to leave him out of the side because he's good and helps us win, but this was an opportunity to manage his workload that doesn't cost us anything, and doesn't require playing him out of position in a live game or anything.

We're 10 goals up at half time, even with a string of unexpected injuries we're not likely to lose, and as a bonus it gives Berry a good run for half a game. What's the problem here? Who should we have subbed instead, and when?
Don't talk common sense mate, a lot of sour individuals on here who look for any opportunity to go glass half empty and sink the boots in.

Forgot to mention Butts’ job on Waterman (5 touches, 1 goal, worst game of the year)

Apart from a couple of small decision making errors, we might be back to 21-22 Butts
I've been Butts harshest critic ....however IMO the last 2 weeks Butts has shown a sureness & confidence to attack the ball & contest ...something I thought beyond him

Good hands, seems to be playing his best footy, finally .....gee, he's a big boy now, a lot bigger than last year ????

Yep. Can't take anything out of that game at all

West Coast were dreadful and offered no opposition or pressure whatsoever.

The only time our players would face less opposition is an As vs Bs game at training

Can I try the, they would never ever pay the frees or 50 metre penalties against Collingwood stuff?? Some of the frees we got were iffy at best and we never get them against the best teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did Soligo get injured? Is that why he was subbed?
Schoenberg on 5aa after the game said Soligo wasn't injured as such but had been a bit sore the last two weeks, so they took the opportunity to give him a breather

I've been Butts harshest critic ....however IMO the last 2 weeks Butts has shown a sureness & confidence to attack the ball & contest ...something I thought beyond him

Good hands, seems to be playing his best footy, finally .....gee, he's a big boy now, a lot bigger than last year ????
And of course just when Murray’s coming fit 😂 (though I suspect we’ll go with Murray/Butts/Keane while Worrell’s out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back