Review Good vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Last two minutes with the crowject podcast crew, for those who weren't there this is a little taste of the atmosphere

Just reminded me!

They play music now after goals. Ok... don't like it but whatever.

But when Tex kicked THE goal did they have to play the worst, cheesiest, fluffy junk they could find? Give us a banger at least sheesh

Have a look at the following post, which shows clearly that a Dees' player deflected the ball oob. Umpire in perfect poz to see it, too.
All of the Dees supporters whingeing about the non-free kick can sprinkle their salt over all the big brown ones they can feast on.
Have lightened these up for you.

1743F926-8CA0-41CC-8043-B806DF1C2D97.jpeg

Good shout, went back and gif'd it. Very strong case for it rebounding off the Demon's arm. You see a couple frames of it travelling more sideways before it completely changes trajectory. He actually does handball it up, but the Dee swats it down.

That's right but I'm not sure the umpire who made the call could have seen that given he was behind the play. It's the boundary umpire who has the clear view - maybe he signalled touched? Will be interesting to hear the explanation from the AFL.

Have lightened these up for you.

View attachment 1134813
Makes it even clearer imo, thanks Jenny :thumbsu::thumbsu:. Is the Crows player Murray?
He's aiming that left-handball across his body to Left-of-screen out much wider to the pocket (towards the Umpire, in fact) and the second frame shows Spargo gets a spoiling hand to it, which is why it goes forward of both of them. I watched the highlights several times --- when it happened I was shocked because it looked like a 'deliberate' oob, but Spargo's reaction is revealing. Because he knows he got a hand to it, he just turned around to prepare for what he knew would be a throw-in.
Dees fans and Victorian commentators who are howling about the incident can pull their heads in.

Spargo to Goodwin:
"Um, Goody, about your presser comments, er ...." :laughv1:

Just reminded me!

They play music now after goals. Ok... don't like it but whatever.

But when Tex kicked THE goal did they have to play the worst, cheesiest, fluffy junk they could find? Give us a banger at least sheesh

The Swans played Sweet Caroline at the SCG when I was there....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray was poor most of the match. Isn't ready for AFL at this stage. Smart move by Nicks to put him up forward on Gawn late to get him into the game. Murray is a much better forward than a back imo. Seems to jump well at the ball and have more confidence when forward. They should play him in the forward line in the SANFL.
I guess the thing is we have no tall defenders. I’ve nearly Totally forgotten about Talia. I’m guessing he’ll play again some day.

Crowd 31,373

Not bad considering it is a twilight game on a Saturday.
Those that season tickets and didnt rock up because its Melbourne (ie best team at the moment) must be kicking themselves.

That was a crackerjack game.

For the minor premiers to be reeled in from 16pts down in the 4th, was "special".

The question was more how long he had the ball before getting rid of it, but as Roo was quick to tell Dunstall, they'd been letting those go all night.
From the long long long look up in the Riverbank that was my concern - that he got rid of it correctly not the time he had a hold of it - but I was also going mental urging the ball forward to worry much longer than that

I missed the first half :grin:; had no idea it was being shown on NSW country TV.
Stunned by half-time score.
Stunned by late fightback.
One of the best wins, ever.

I'd forgotten what it's like to feel like this, and loving it.
I’m motelling in Bendigo...no effing coverage, watched on iPad Kayo and realised at halftime I could connect Kayo to TV...😝
What a win!

Good:
Puller Lever booed every time he went near it.
No passengers.
The guts and belief to get up when we were gone with 8 minutes on the clock.
Mackay😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back