Hawks chasing Rance/Gibson/Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

just curious...although hale is a pathetic excuse for a FF he is still a very good ruckman. you guys have troubles in the key defensive posts and ruck hale and gibbo would fix it

Can't say I rate him as a ruckman at all so I don't think we would take him. Might be more suited to a club like the dogs who struggle with tall timber up foward. Gibson would be a help in defence.

I would love Gibson at the Hawks. He plays tall and would help our backline a lot. Depending on match ups Gibson or Gilham could play FB/Third tall.

Not worth pick 9. Maybe pick 25 and our third round/Fringe player?

Absolutely a big NO to Gibson as he is too short and would solve none our problems. People get romanced by the fact that he has beaten buddy a few times (buddy's bad kicking hasn't helped at times), when in reality he has struggled for size and got beaten reguarly by the other big forwards in the comp. We are much better going after Tarrant, Chaplin and Rivers if we can't snare Lake.

Absolutely a big NO to Gibson as he is too short and would solve none our problems. People get romanced by the fact that he has beaten buddy a few times (buddy's bad kicking hasn't helped at times), when in reality he has struggled for size and got beaten reguarly by the other big forwards in the comp. We are much better going after Tarrant, Chaplin and Rivers if we can't snare Lake.

Which you cant. Dogs wont be trading him, but have allowed him to walk and nominate for PSD if he wants to. But he will get his contract, so that wont need to happen :)

Any of those players would be sweet.
But down here in Adelaide, Port are throwing their whole team up for grabs.
There is a few players from their I wouldn't mind:
Justin Westhoff as a marking wingman/goalkicker
Brett Ebert as a small forward could also be handy

I know we need defenders, but I think Westhoff would suit very nicely - Hugely underrated player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks chasing Rance/Gibson/Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back