Hawks chasing Rance/Gibson/Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

How about Jared Rivers for pick 9? We seem to have too many tall defenders now, and Rivo is getting back to his best, and over his injuries.
I would hate to lose him, but in our rebuilding phase we have to give up quality to get a top 10 pick. Jared is all class.

Who has a history of injuries. We already have an injured key defender on our list. Don't need another one.

Been whispers that Rance is homesick and wants to force a trade back to WA. Not sure of the veracity of that because there are also whispers that he's about to re-sign with the Tigers.

Why would the Tigers trade Rance for pick 25. He was pick 18 two years ago and over the past year has proven that at only 20 years old he has a big future ahead of him. The other fact is that the club holds him in high regard and I find it highly unlikely that he would be traded for pick 9 let alone pick 25. I personally think he wiull be our best KPB in 2 years time and hope that he is not traded but if a trade occurs I hope that the club demands the Hawks pick 9.

everyone at richmond has a big future:):thumbsu: cotchin or deledio are the only players worth taking from punt road. your club is in big trouble.

Yeah I doubt we would offer him that much. He is a good player, but that is a lot for a guy who doesnt fit our exact needs. If we can sign him for cheaper, I would be all for it - but that amount kinda hamstrings any other potential off-season moves.

240k per season is the average wage isn't it?

Therefore 350k for Gibson is fair enough considering he is would be in our 18, better than half the list. We really need a defender. Gibbo is solid not spectacular, however who he replaces (Murphy) makes us so much better.

True. Gibson is a very good player.
But at 189cm, he is the same height as Murphy (albeit an upgrade).
Whereas, Carlile (192) and Chaplin (196) from Port satisfy a greater need at Hawthorn

I don't obviously have statistics on me, but I would be willing to bet that Gibson plays better on Franklin than Carlile or Chaplin ever have.

Plays much taller than 189, but can also play much shorter. Does provide run and drive.

A question, however - if you guys have offered him 350K a year over three years, does this mean he will go into the PSD if a deal cannot be reached? Also, if you are offering him this kind of money, this has to mean your football department rates him. If the MMM rumour is true, I think Pick 9 for Gibson is likely.

I don't obviously have statistics on me, but I would be willing to bet that Gibson plays better on Franklin than Carlile or Chaplin ever have.

Plays much taller than 189, but can also play much shorter. Does provide run and drive.

A question, however - if you guys have offered him 350K a year over three years, does this mean he will go into the PSD if a deal cannot be reached? Also, if you are offering him this kind of money, this has to mean your football department rates him. If the MMM rumour is true, I think Pick 9 for Gibson is likely.

Time will tell on that. I think the best North could get for him is the pick 9. However, it could be that Pelchen has decided he is worth a 2nd round selection.

One thing I do know is at the time of Thomspon & Hay being traded, they were rated ALOT higher than Gibson.

Interesting, however we do know the deal will be made at 1.57 if one is made on the Friday, whatever is traded who knows?

What position does Gibson normally play for your boys? CHB or a third tall?

He plays on certain talls, sometimes on a small. Complements our backline well, and talk about getting a B Grade player replacing the E rated Murphy.

Get the deal done, however try for a bigger name, I would personally settle on Gibson being a hawk however.

Allowing Murphy to play 20 games again is something I don't consider an option.

What position does Gibson normally play for your boys? CHB or a third tall?

I think it depends on the team we're playing. Whenever we play Hawthorn he takes your best forward (Franklin). Against Brisbane, before this year when we unearthed some good young backs, it was always one of Brown or Bradshaw. Now that we have that young backline, should Gibson stay, he would probably be relegated to the third tall, or even a half back flanker.

Time will tell on that. I think the best North could get for him is the pick 9. However, it could be that Pelchen has decided he is worth a 2nd round selection.

One thing I do know is at the time of Thomspon & Hay being traded, they were rated ALOT higher than Gibson.

Interesting, however we do know the deal will be made at 1.57 if one is made on the Friday, whatever is traded who knows?

I agree with you that the best we can get for Gibson would be Pick 9. No way in hell would the Hawks package a player + pick 9 for Gibbo.

Now that Thompson and Hay have played, and retired - it could be argued that Gibson has shown more than both - Hay especially, and Thompson was a terrific contributor to North. Gibson is probably the best footballer of the three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no way pick 9 for Gibson, that pick is reserved for another player who also wants to head to the Hawks, so now the Hawks will need to negotiate a deal with North, but it won't include pick 9. There is much water to flow through the trading period for the Hawks to get their man/men :thumbsu:

I know. However North won't trade Gibson for Pick 25.

I think he is one of those players (worth more than a 2nd rounder, but not good enough for a 1st).

I hope we get the player who "wants to head to the hawks";)

He does leak goals. North moved him up to the midfield late in the season. Maybe they had enough of the goal leakage. They also have Firrito who was moved from defence to midfield because of the goal leakage. Use to be known as the reverse coleman leaders.

He would be good for us in a sweeping role. Another player not jittery when he gets the ball would help our brittle defence.

He isn't the Full back that we require, maybe we aren't after him for that reason.

They have probably ear-marked him to be another stopper. Someone that can shut down the mids and smalls and pinch hit on talls but give us some rebound.

Probably allows us to move Birchall up the field who is poor man on man.

Might also mean Murphy doesnt play on the dangerous smalls or the big gorillas leaving that to Gilham, Croad(when fit) and Shoenmakers.

He does leak goals. North moved him up to the midfield late in the season. Maybe they had enough of the goal leakage. They also have Firrito who was moved from defence to midfield because of the goal leakage. Use to be known as the reverse coleman leaders.

He would be good for us in a sweeping role. Another player not jittery when he gets the ball would help our brittle defence.

He isn't the Full back that we require, maybe we aren't after him for that reason.

They have probably ear-marked him to be another stopper. Someone that can shut down the mids and smalls and pinch hit on talls but give us some rebound.

Probably allows us to move Birchall up the field who is poor man on man.

Might also mean Murphy doesnt play on the dangerous smalls or the big gorillas leaving that to Gilham, Croad(when fit) and Shoenmakers.

Can't wait to get Birchall back into his running attcaking role. He will be the player most on our list that will benefit from having ac ACTUAL KPP defender.

I like the Gibson idea .I think we have absolutely no hope of getting Lake .No one else has either. What am I hearing about Barry Hall as a defender, Tarrant ????.
Pick 9 is a very hard thing to throw out. You would want something made of gold for that.
But, we have a great many youngsters already so we can develope our depth, and ,perhaps sacrifice no 9 for someone really great . Hard isn't it?

I would love Gibson at the Hawks. He plays tall and would help our backline a lot. Depending on match ups Gibson or Gilham could play FB/Third tall.

Not worth pick 9. Maybe pick 25 and our third round/Fringe player?

Couldnt be bothered reading through whole thread to see if any thing like this had been mentioned.

How about we trade:

Pick 9 and a player to Melbourne for Jared Rivers and Pick 18 (maybe an exchange of later picks as well if Melbourne dont think their recieving enough)

Pick 18 and possibly a player to North Melbourne for Josh Gibson. I dont think he i worth pick 9 but do agree he is worth more than 25.

Couldnt be bothered reading through whole thread to see if any thing like this had been mentioned.

How about we trade:

Pick 9 and a player to Melbourne for Jared Rivers and Pick 18 (maybe an exchange of later picks as well if Melbourne dont think their recieving enough)

Pick 18 and possibly a player to North Melbourne for Josh Gibson. I dont think he i worth pick 9 but do agree he is worth more than 25.

I would prefer to only get one of Rivers and Gibson, not both. They are similar players size-wise, and both can play tall or small. I dont think we need to double up on these types of players, one would be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks chasing Rance/Gibson/Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back