Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

A week is a long time in footy. Just think, next game we get Gibbo back...

He's training with Box Hill. Might need a week to get some match practice under his belt. ;)

Good win tonight against a crows team who are up and about.

Shoey was good tonight but is still a a concern under a high ball. Would live him to attack the flight of the ball rather than feel for his man.

Gunners...outstanding, crows must be spewing that he left.

Thought our rucks were really solid and hit the scoreboard when they went forward.

Happy the Bruest has kicked a point and broken his goal streak as I thought he has been timid in front of goal the last few games

Let's see here

Good:
+ Gunston in the first quarter.
+ Betts kept to one goal and Walker kept relatively accountable.
+ Rucks offering forward pressure.
+ Smith managed to break his usual tag.
+ Bruest equalled Plugger's record. Now he can just take shots instead of holding back.
+ Spangher

Bad:
- Gunston for the rest of the game.
- Way too easy for Crows to get clearances through Dangerfield/Thompson
- Was Roughy playing?.
- Too many easy shots missed (Langford, Gunston).
- That 3rd tall in Jenkins looks like a prototype for a lost final. Need Gibson/Lake back.

Last edited:
Don't quit your day job, Harley.

What? Please quit your day job Harley. Join the Crows coaches box.

As for the game. Really proud. It isn't an overstatement IMO to say we were done if we lost tonight. Even if not mathematically, I think mentally dropping out of the top 4 would have made it hard to play out the season with a belief we could win it all. Now we get to have a breather and reset for the Swans. If we win that, and at home we really should, then we are back on top and people are thinking "how the **** are these campaigners on top at this point of the season despite everything they've been through". Will do wonders for our belief and to plant the doubts in every other ****er.

Lewis - doesn't get Swan, Ablett, Dangerfield disposals...but is having some kind of season. IMO close to our best player now. His work in close is first class and the quality of the ball he delivers to the outsiders is great.
Gunston - is a chance to win our B&F. Was flat for a few weeks but has come back with a vengeance the past few weeks.
Hodge - also a B&F chance. Not bad for a bloke who had a "where's he at" thread.
Rucks - Hale has some work to do if he wants to see senior footy again this year. McEvoy was a welcome back and should get better and Ceglar is goign nowhere.

No Gibbo or Lake and kept them to well under 100 (discounting th last few cheapies) and broke 100 again. Injuries, Interstate, suspension and written off by a vast majority.....that's a quality win and only close due to out own inaccuracy. Scoreboard says a closish win. Felt like 35+

Last edited:
Langford makes Simpkin look like Darren Jarman.
Great endeavour but FFS disposals not even upto VFL level.

Ceglar had an awesome game, now our No.1 ruckman.

Thought Duryea was good.

Litherland VERY good.

Suckling is softer than Nathan Lonie !

Ch7 are the worst footy channel ever.

Good win boys , sets up a great night for the back to back team tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was not confident for most of the game
Turned it on in patches and looked terrible in patches

Cegs in great form for a young Ruck, question is can he go the distance
McEvoy good first game back
Gunners and Punky are just so dangerous 3 forwards on or over 40 goals already we didn't get 3 finals over 40 until finals last year

Roughy playing up the ground and tackling, shame he didnt get on the scoreboard more

Our defence stood tall this week, great games from Schoe and Liqs, Doc and Strats good too

Much better start to the weekend and a much better way to go into a week off good job hawks

Can't be ****ed picking the game apart.

Just so proud of the boys tonight and after 13 stubbies the only thing that is keeping me going is the auto correct on this I pad.

So proud to be a long term member of this great club.

Last edited:
This may be unpopular but Mitchell needs to pull his head in. Mouthing players and back chatting umpires; yes you got a rough run today but you're it helping your cause by complaining about it.

Popular opinion, Litherland is sensational.

Unpopular opinion, I want Suckling out of our team.

Mate, he was battered pillar to post

Where are those posters who were questioning the Simpkin selection? Proved everyone wrong. Great game from him.

Umm that was me. Happy to say that he Simpkin stuck it up me - best game I have ever seen him play.

Ceglar will be our number one ruck for next 7-8 years. My man Shoey was great, where are all the haters now? - again fu..k you all to those who have a dig at him each week, pretty quite now huh?

Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back