Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm emotionally invested in Hawthorn right now.

Beating Geelong, Freo and Collingwood would be helpful.

Up the Hawks, Carn little Sammy.

Edit: Saw the scores.

Beating Freo and Collingwood would be helpful.

welfare check, I had a week of from this abomination of a place we all hate we love
A week off? You’ve barely posted a thing for months after all the trash you ran with.

Could they make the top 8?
Or will their percentage cost them?

They've been one of the form teams in the competition for a while now.
Last week they just happened to run into a very good side.
Still have 4 more games in the tough block before Richmond/North to round out the season

Bare minimum (but in reality need 3) is 2 of
Collingwood
Adelaide away
GWS away
Carlton

Finals or not, second youngest list in the comp with so much growth to come and possibly a couple of recruits to strengthen us at seasons end….2025 should be a fun year for Hawks supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the ladder doesn't change after Round 5.

Hmm. Realistically it’s hard to see Hawks getting a win against anyone except North and even then… much more talent on Roo’s list. It’s just a bit of an unfortunate situation for Hawthorn.

How about:
Bulldogs
Lions
Crows
Saints
Giants
Tigers
Eagles
Freo
Pies
?

Good call SYL!

We did this time though.
Hawks were very good and Pies system is broken.

I was way wrong. Hawks are flying and coaching crew have done a great job. Need a gun key defender and you could give it a real shake.

How about:
Bulldogs
Lions
Crows
Saints
Giants
Tigers
Eagles
Freo
Pies
?

Good call SYL!
There were some really dumb posts in here early in the year, even from some Hawks.

The idea that we'd just be shit all year was pure hope from some oppo fans, and the belief that Hawthorn were wrong to be thinking that finals were something that they should aspire to, even more so.

Special mention to those who wanted to declare that we'd only start our rebuild after we bottomed out this year. Strangely silent now.

Last edited:
dA hAwKs hAvEnT bEaT aNyOnE!

As it stands now, we have beaten three of the top five sides, plus the reigning premiers by 11 goals.

And yes, I realise they are in nowhere near as good a form as they were last year, but they did have 17 premiership players in their lineup to our single solitary one…

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back