Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

dA hAwKs hAvEnT bEaT aNyOnE!

As it stands now, we have beaten three of the top five sides, plus the reigning premiers by 11 goals.

And yes, I realise they are in nowhere near as good a form as they were last year, but they did have 17 premiership players in their lineup to our single solitary one

Did you forget about Ginnivan?

Please don’t tell me you forgot about the triple premiership rookie pick!!!!!

There were some really dumb posts in here early in the year, even from some Hawks.

The idea that we'd just be shit all year was pure hope from some oppo fans, and the belief that Hawthorn were wrong to be thinking that finals were something that they should aspire to, even more so.

Special mention to those who wanted to declare that we'd only start our rebuild after we bottomed out this year. Strangely silent now.
Some massive omelettes on faces in here. Didn't you get ridiculed for suggesting 10 wins and maybe a look in at finals? We are on 10 with another 5 games to go.

Some massive omelettes on faces in here. Didn't you get ridiculed for suggesting 10 wins and maybe a look in at finals?
I was ridiculed for saying that we absolutely should be aspiring to win between 10-14 games.

Chill out hawks fans, don’t ruin how fun it is barracking for you guys as a neutral
If the team keeps going like this, we are going to be back to one of the most hated teams anyway.

Might as well get an early start

Amazingly Hawks are attempting to tank. They are just really bad at it
The recruiting team are flipping table's after every win. "The F are they doing".

You've been called out , keep dancing around this all you want.

Are Hawthorn tanking? No, they're just shit now with a hot headed captain, a coach who's honeymoon period is cooling off and a list lacking many stars outside a couple of kids every club has.

Do they play finals in 2024, or 2025? No. Do they see an extended period at the bottom? yes, even longer potentially with Tassie pillaging the young talent coming through
This guy doesn’t post much in this thread any more either. Funny that.

dA hAwKs hAvEnT bEaT aNyOnE!

As it stands now, we have beaten three of the top five sides, plus the reigning premiers by 11 goals.

And yes, I realise they are in nowhere near as good a form as they were last year, but they did have 17 premiership players in their lineup to our single solitary one…
Ginni dislikes this post 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe just enjoy the current run of without trawling through old posts to gloat. Maybe it will last maybe not. Things can change pretty quickly either way.
Some of the old posts in here deserve revisiting.

Not from you so much, but there was a very vocal crew in here having a real crack, declaring Hawthorn were going to go nowhere for years… now none of them post so much.

There’s only so many times I can publicly request another artwork from Banksy, sorry, Chadwiko.
Popped his head up on the main board to have a whinge yesterday, couldn’t find his way back to any of the threads he loved so much over summer though.

There’s only so many times I can publicly request another artwork from Banksy, sorry, Chadwiko.

I was wrong about Hawthorn.

They've out-performed my low expectations significantly.

I was wrong about Hawthorn.

They've out-performed my low expectations significantly.

Good of you to front up Chadwiko.

You're a braver poster than Psicosis at least. We normally don't see him back on the MB before October.

Some of the old posts in here deserve revisiting.

Not from you so much, but there was a very vocal crew in here having a real crack, declaring Hawthorn were going to go nowhere for years… now none of them post so much.
Who was the douche that kept popping into our Dingley thread constantly taking about how rebuilds are hard and long work? Every time he posted I felt like stabbing myself in the eye with a pencil.

Hawthorn are certainly amassing a bunch of players I'm going to enjoy hating in the next few years
I loved barracking fro Ginni when he was riling opposition, but I'll enjoy booing him more - just born to be a pantomime villain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back