Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Making finals this year has been a real bonus, to be honest.

Any result tomorrow night comes with a huge learning for the players and coach.

Get belted, and they’ll burn over the summer about getting better and getting back there.
Lose by a small margin, same as above.
Win and they get a real taste of finals which is only going to be positive for such a young group.

Only four first round picks in their side tonight. One of them is Scrimshaw acquired for a future fourth. The others are Ward Weddle and Watson

They have plucked this team out of their ass. Probably the most extraordinarily efficient case of list management I can recall.

About to add Battle and Barrass and awaiting Mitch Lewis’ return. They’re flag favourites next year

Only four first round picks in their side tonight. One of them is Scrimshaw acquired for a future fourth. The others are Ward Weddle and Watson

They have plucked this team out of their ass. Probably the most extraordinarily efficient case of list management I can recall.

About to add Battle and Barrass and awaiting Mitch Lewis’ return. They’re flag favourites next year
having a look at the games experience

Dogs have 14 players with 100+ games
Hawks have 13 with 99 games or less of experience

Really is coach of the year is Sam Mitchell

At worst Hawthorn will be +10 spots on last year's position. Chris Scott can beat that if the cats make the GF

Mitchell is the Leigh Matthews of this generation. Makes everything look easy in this sport. Brilliant mind.

Next year? They can win it this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When people remember this season they'll talk about Carlton choking their run home to finals, so yes I call it an almighty choke job over anything else. I don't rate the Hawks whatsoever, just as I don't rate Geelong. They are making up the numbers while the Blues are imploding
Just a reminder of the types of resident experts we have on here.

Cats vs Kens serial finals chokers
Hawks vs Bevos traffic cones

More evidence needed
"Don't rate them whatsoever" = befitting of the two sides that were thrashed as favourites in their week 1 finals.

It simply doesn't fit for the two sides who between them have won 15 of their last 18 games (excluding when they met) and thrashed two of the form sides in the comp in finals.

"Don't rate them whatsoever" = befitting of the two sides that were thrashed as favourites in their week 1 finals.

It simply doesn't fit for the two sides who between them have won 15 of their last 18 games (excluding when they met) and thrashed two of the form sides in the comp in finals.
Yeah totally
Sleep Yawn GIF

Care to make a friendly wager?

Which team out of Hawthorn and North wins a final first?

If North wins a final first, you agree to have Chief suspend/restrict your BF account for a period (two weeks? 1 month?)
If Hawks win a final first, I'll do the same in reverse.

I love making friendly wagers.

Time to collect.

Care to make a friendly wager?

Which team out of Hawthorn and North wins a final first?

If North wins a final first, you agree to have Chief suspend/restrict your BF account for a period (two weeks? 1 month?)
If Hawks win a final first, I'll do the same in reverse.
Okie dokie **** smoker

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back