Review Help, We've Lost Biff. Dees vs. Eagles: The Good, The Bad, and The Youf

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got all the way back from Melbourne

First quarter was fun

Kolt is going to be a cult hero

cracks in places but the eagles are not a good opposition away from home, we still look uncomposed when really hemmed in our backline

JVR looked our best forward today, seemed to take some confidence out of last week. Was leading and getting his hands in the right spots. Should have kicked a couple more though and was kinda disappointed he had to ruck more with Gawn's resting sub even though Turner shouldered some of it, seemed our presence up forward went away late after those changes

Having seen it live since they made the tweaks, what even is HTB anymore lol

Melkman looked okay, umpire robbed him of a good early grab. But happy to see him back

Kozzy's mark was awesome, after a **** load of attempts i'm glad he held one that i was at the ground for. The falcon goal assist right in front of me was cool too... more so to fritsch

Centre clearances looked very meh on the occasions we did win them

Run and spread also faded late, we also just looked content to grind out the last quarter to a win with no risks or injuries. But it was fairly ehh

Allen and Waterman to a lesser degree compared to last time, still made our backline look vulnerable to a good tall attack
Not sure if this helps (probably not). After the essendon Geelong game Brad Scott got some clarification from the umpires about some of the questionable decision during that game. A HTB decision was paid against an Essendon player, despite not having prior opportunity to dispose of the ball he just held on to it instead. The player was standing up and had both arms pinned. Scott explained in this situation the player should have dropped the ball and try to kick the ball and had he missed his boot it would not have mattered because he made an attempted. I know the attempt rule has always been around but IMO a player that gets caught and doesn't dispose of properly has always been called HTB. It's the only thing I can think of to explain some non decision. The one that annoyed me was just after that tweak as you mentioned, the umpire took an eternity to pay HTB which resulted in another player coming in and getting the West coast player high. There was another one in the pocket, but I'll give the umpire an out being blind sighted.

Not getting our pants pulled down by an 18 year old again was a maccas little win
Definitely less noticeable being ATG except in the last, watching the replay I saw he impacted more. If that's his quiet game as an 18 year old he's going to be unstoppable in a few years.

Sorry guys - I had to get my aged father to the game where we only found at the end that he did not have a Miko card.

The fugly - Clayton Oliver. He's just going at the moment. He looks nothing like the player who so dominated the AFL. Things are not going his way on the field either - little things which amass nevertheless. I know he is playing more of a team role nowadays but for the moment, he is a shadow of his former self.

The Good - I gave my heart to Jako and the OX in the early 90s. Roo has this trajectory.

Apologies to all.

Sorry guys - I had to get my aged father to the game where we only found at the end that he did not have a Miko card.

The fugly - Clayton Oliver. He's just going at the moment. He looks nothing like the player who so dominated the AFL. Things are not going his way on the field either - little things which amass nevertheless. I know he is playing more of a team role nowadays but for the moment, he is a shadow of his former self.

The Good - I gave my heart to Jako and the OX in the early 90s. Roo has this trajectory.

Apologies to all.

Apologies never necessary Biff.

I kinda loved that we went after Reid physically. Was petty but reminded me of something we'd have done in 2018 or so when our team was full of campaigners.

EDIT: Other part to this is that when we've been the hunted (2022 and 2023) we've largely gone into our shell and played too defensively (tactically and physically). I'm not really sure why. Like when teams have gone after Gawn we never really flew the flag, always pissed me off. Maybe the thinking was other teams will try and hunt us, don't focus on the biff, just win the footy?

Glad to see now that we're no longer under any delusions we are the top team and can go after hunting other teams. Kolt flying the flag from day dot has been nice.

Last edited:
Danny claiming how good Windsor is in the Harley Reid thread on the MB.

Weird Al My Work Here Is Done GIF by Adult Swim

The win was pleasing. Most of the young players had good moments and things like Rivers in the middle as well as a smaller and more dynamic forward line worked well even if it is 100 years too late. However, I’m not ready to fully flip flop and retain my scepticism because West Coast are shit and have downed tools for the year and in the past we’ve pulled this stuff against crap oppo and reverted to the same old straight line sludge the following week.

I’d rather play kids, have us move the ball with intent and pick balanced sides than win individual games. If we did the above and didn’t win another game this season I’d be happy enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny claiming how good Windsor is in the Harley Reid thread on the MB.

Weird Al My Work Here Is Done GIF by Adult Swim
Yeah saw that yesterday, so ironic that the constant unwarranted criticism of Windsor got him banned from the board and now he's flexing about how good he is to others. It sums up Dan perfectly as a poster.

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Review Help, We've Lost Biff. Dees vs. Eagles: The Good, The Bad, and The Youf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back