Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we should flick Lenny and draft a whole heap of kids to lower our average (rather than get Wilkes, Saad, Milera, Dunell, Hickey and Lee). :rolleyes:

I also like how they ignore the rookie list - noting the filth have pretty much delisted all their rookies, and we Dunell (has played AFL), Curren (VFL B&F winner) and Ferguson (won an award at the B&F) on ours.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/st-...-at-his-disposal/story-e6frf9io-1226505632031

St Kilda has lost Brendon Goddard, but not its status as having the oldest list in the AFL.

The Saints ended the trade period still burdened by an average age of 25.7 years, despite losing the seasoned star to free agency.

It is a statistic that provides a major challenge for coach Scott Watters considering the widely-held perception that the Saints have slipped from the premiership zone.

But the durability and consistency of the club's top-end players, so close to the ultimate success in 2009-2010, have helped it cheat nature so far.

The Saints finished ninth this year, relying on the usual suspects and the exciting development of Rhys Stanley, Ahmed Saad, Terry Milera, Tom Simpkin and Arryn Siposs, but face a delicate balancing act despite Watters' impressive start.

They have been in the top three for age every year since 2006.

Maybe we should flick Lenny and draft a whole heap of kids to lower our average (rather than get Wilkes, Saad, Milera, Dunell, Hickey and Lee). :rolleyes:

I also like how they ignore the rookie list - noting the filth have pretty much delisted all their rookies, and we Dunell (has played AFL), Curren (VFL B&F winner) and Ferguson (won an award at the B&F) on ours.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/st-...-at-his-disposal/story-e6frf9io-1226505632031

St Kilda has lost Brendon Goddard, but not its status as having the oldest list in the AFL.

The Saints ended the trade period still burdened by an average age of 25.7 years, despite losing the seasoned star to free agency.

It is a statistic that provides a major challenge for coach Scott Watters considering the widely-held perception that the Saints have slipped from the premiership zone.

But the durability and consistency of the club's top-end players, so close to the ultimate success in 2009-2010, have helped it cheat nature so far.

The Saints finished ninth this year, relying on the usual suspects and the exciting development of Rhys Stanley, Ahmed Saad, Terry Milera, Tom Simpkin and Arryn Siposs, but face a delicate balancing act despite Watters' impressive start.

They have been in the top three for age every year since 2006.

OHH NO! What if we win the premiership but are still burdened with this horrific average age of 25.7. Why cant we be more like Melbourne or the Dogs, that would show those Swan's losers ( who currently have the second highest age ).

:rolleyes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...r-first-two-tips/story-e6frf9jf-1226521548846

Collingwood is among the big winners in the reshuffle and now commands picks 18, 19 and 20 after Adelaide surrendered its first two picks in tonight's national draft.

OK so Collingwood gain a single spot with their third pick , they had 18, 19, and 21 before.
In fact most of the teams get this advantage.
StKilda have two picks which are both one earlier. This is less of an advantage.
A number of teams have multiple third round picks that are now 2 picks earlier.

Ooooh I am no goods at maffs so I will be a Jornlist ( sumwun spell check dis for me ).

Couldn't work out whether reading this article was worse than drinking a cup of cold sick (which is now in front of me having read said article).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dra...ndy-at-pick-no18/story-fngeflq8-1226522346218

For reasons that delighted Collingwood, the golden giant of the draft slid all the way to the Pies first pick, at No.18. (think CHBench 's mate Clarky was distracted thinking about golden showers)

Grundy, a combative (WTF) 202cm ruckman-forward at that pick is like getting a cashmere coat in a two dollar Dimmeys bin. (had no idea pick 18 was such a rubbish selection! Who needs first rounders when you have Paul Connors)

Derek Hine, the Pies recruiting master, is low key at the best of times but the smile which crept out the corner of his mouth was a good sign for Pies fans. (holy shit - he didn't smile, did he?)

North Melbourne thought long and hard about Gundy at pick No.15 (insert BT - woweee!!! - he slid "all the way" from 15 to 18?).

Intrigue surrounds the Saints first pick key forward Spencer White. (in the minds of the Daily Filth, research is a suburb rather than a necessary aspect to jurnaleezim).

Couldn't work out whether reading this article was worse than drinking a cup of cold sick (which is now in front of me having read said article).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dra...ndy-at-pick-no18/story-fngeflq8-1226522346218

For reasons that delighted Collingwood, the golden giant of the draft slid all the way to the Pies first pick, at No.18. (think CHBench 's mate Clarky was distracted thinking about golden showers)

Grundy, a combative (WTF) 202cm ruckman-forward at that pick is like getting a cashmere coat in a two dollar Dimmeys bin. (had no idea pick 18 was such a rubbish selection! Who needs first rounders when you have Paul Connors)

Derek Hine, the Pies recruiting master, is low key at the best of times but the smile which crept out the corner of his mouth was a good sign for Pies fans. (holy shit - he didn't smile, did he?)

North Melbourne thought long and hard about Gundy at pick No.15 (insert BT - woweee!!! - he slid "all the way" from 15 to 18?).

Intrigue surrounds the Saints first pick key forward Spencer White. (in the minds of the Daily Filth, research is a suburb rather than a necessary aspect to jurnaleezim).

Cheer up, here is an old artical about how good Cameron Wood will be.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/52391/default.aspx

I also read an article from whatever the HUN is called in Adelaide. Apparently whoever the Crows got with their first pick is better than just about anyone who went in the first two rounds.

Jurnalizm is alive at the Gotham Muckroll and so is Ed it or Ship
With headlines like:

Lenny Hayes played 263 games with a dodgy ticker, now that it's fixed this Saints is marching on

It's simply amazing why more ppl/mugs haven't started paying for it/subscribing.

St Kilda breaches interchange cap guidelines in NAB Cup match

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...in-nab-cup-match/story-fnelctok-1226590224422

The AFL yesterday confirmed Sydney had breached the interchange cap late in Sunday's final quarter against St Kilda, but had not broken any rules in doing so.

Sydney seem to be masters of skirting close to the letter of the law don't they? An infringement, but no penalty as they were serving their time off whilst the game finished. Do they have a position at the Swans, that is involved in looking at laws and possible loop holes?

PirateCode.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of pirates:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...nd-that-is-final/story-e6frf9jf-1226590638074

An interchange cap for the 2014 AFL season is coming so stop complaining about it.

That's the emphatic message from Vlad to the league's senior coaches following widespread condemnation of the interchange cap, which has proved a sour point for clubs during the NAB Cup.

Vlad "The fact of the matter is, unless people have got amnesia, the AFL Commission has already passed the rule,"

"We've been through the proper process* - we actually advised the coaches and told them at the coaches' dinner we had last year. I'm not quite sure whether there is something in people's Wheaties at the moment."

* evidently "proper process" equates to telling 'em how it's gonna be

St Kilda breaches interchange cap guidelines in NAB Cup match

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...in-nab-cup-match/story-fnelctok-1226590224422

The AFL yesterday confirmed Sydney had breached the interchange cap late in Sunday's final quarter against St Kilda, but had not broken any rules in doing so.

I cannot believe (but probably can imagine) that heading. yet it has nothing to do with the Saints except they were playing the Swans.

pathetic really. someone really needs to write/tweet/email to them and explain the stupidity of that heading.

May have been fixed but we have evidence of their incompetence

interchange.jpg

I tweeted the guy and told him off.

Did he respond, oh hang on it wasnt praise so of course they wouldnt have!! But seriously the amount of retweeting/tweeting they do with each other sucking up to one another makes me sick!!

How does that interchange thing work anyway.
Say Jetta gets the ball and starts sprinting the length of the ground, is that a good time to send the extra rotation out.
( ie do they stop Jetta to give them the free kick )?
Do you give away a free kick next time you get posession? ( So if Jetta gets a goal do they start with a free kick).
Does the umpire just award the 4 points to the team without Adam Schnieder ?
Or what?

Me so confused right now.

How does that interchange thing work anyway.
Say Jetta gets the ball and starts sprinting the length of the ground, is that a good time to send the extra rotation out.
( ie do they stop Jetta to give them the free kick )?
Do you give away a free kick next time you get posession? ( So if Jetta gets a goal do they start with a free kick).
Does the umpire just award the 4 points to the team without Adam Schnieder ?
Or what?

Me so confused right now.

from what i understand. a free kick and 50m is paid as soon as the interchange stewart highlights the error.

from there the player that went on has to go off and cannot go back on for 15 minutes. meaning the team is down to 17 men.

WTF is going on? When I go in it says "Sydney Breaches Interchange Cap".

That's right it was the other way around. Sydney had something like 22 or 23 interchange rotations in the final quarter. I remember the commentators saying something like maybe the Swans coach couldn't care less because it was NAB Cup and because they were underdone pre-season fitness preparation wise, needing plenty of work on the hammys.

May have been fixed but we have evidence of their incompetence

interchange.jpg

Sorry to post twice - just looking at the page as it is now, if it happened at, say, the New York Times, or Slate.com to name just two, there'd be an asterisk at the bottom of the page - "*an earlier version of this article stated "StKilda breaches interchange" we apologise for the error".

So, a little example of good versus garbage journalism right there. Which brings me to the Hun's delusions. A weekend tweet from Ralphy to Robbo:

@RalphyHeraldSun
@Robbo_heraldsun I think you & I are proud to be tabloid. If that means breaking news, readable features & strong opinion pieces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back