Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2019 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Knightmare I’m sure you would’ve covered it before but where do you have Biggy Nyuon in your rankings?

Anyone who has read any of my weekly wraps will quickly pick up I'm a fan of Biggy.

He's in my top 30 and creeping up.

That's not reflective of where he will go on draft day. He might only get rookied if I'm to guess at this stage.

But I'm a fan. A really good talent and has a really appealing mix of attributes and a game that has the scope to translate really well into something like a taller Aliir Aliir if things go right.

Thoughts on Matthew McGuinness? Available to North as an academy prospect, he's put up some seriously good numbers for a KPP this year.

Do you think Angus Hanrahan might be picked up this year?

He's been consistent this season. Should be considered again. One of the overagers in the mix for selection late/rookie.

Thoughts on Matthew McGuinness? Available to North as an academy prospect, he's put up some seriously good numbers for a KPP this year.

Can intercept and generate drive from defence. Kicking when on can be good. Worth a rookie pick.

Can intercept and generate drive from defence. Kicking when on can be good. Worth a rookie pick.

He’s eligible as a Cat B. being a 19 year old NGA.

Last edited:
Hey Nightmare not sure if this has already been answered but in relation to the Adelaide Carlton pick swap from last year i believe prior to the season it was proposed that if Adelaide ended up with pick 3 ; you believed they would be ahead not withstanding draft points etc as you prefer top tier talent as a rule instead of multiple top 20 picks..do you still feel that way considering the strength of last years draft and the relative even nature of talent in the top 10 after the top two picks in this years draft class?

Where do you see Georgiades going? Apparently Subi want to play him in the WAFL senior side but have been told not to. Obviously has missed a lot of footy but it seems he’s impressing the seasoned pros in the Subi WAFL team at training.

How do Flanders numbers compare to Petraccas for their draft years? Who has more upside as a Midfielder i wonder.

Petracca was more advanced and dominant and hit the scoreboard a lot more, though he did play mostly whereas Flanders who finds more of it has played the majority of his time through the midfield.

Hey Nightmare not sure if this has already been answered but in relation to the Adelaide Carlton pick swap from last year i believe prior to the season it was proposed that if Adelaide ended up with pick 3 ; you believed they would be ahead not withstanding draft points etc as you prefer top tier talent as a rule instead of multiple top 20 picks..do you still feel that way considering the strength of last years draft and the relative even nature of talent in the top 10 after the top two picks in this years draft class?

The trade is looking much better for Carlton than it did 12 months ago or even during the first half of the season. The trade is looking like largely as wash, though with my view being there is a big three (Anderson/Rowell and Green from GWS' Academy), with Carlton late season improving their standing and not one of bottom two teams, and with Adelaide missing the top 8, there isn't a great deal of separation between who will be available with those picks.

Where do you see Georgiades going? Apparently Subi want to play him in the WAFL senior side but have been told not to. Obviously has missed a lot of footy but it seems he’s impressing the seasoned pros in the Subi WAFL team at training.

Showed promise last year but until he has played it's hard to know where he is at. Until we see him on the field in a competitive game he is more a late draft consideration.

Is 29/31 to late to split a pick from the early teens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some separation. There is a pretty clear top 10 or so. After that you've got that next tier down through to around 20. Depends on the team, but it's more so those Academy/father-son kind of situations that may be open to moving back.

GWS plausibly could be open to it. Maybe moving one pick up and the other back to get points. That's more the situation I see clubs moving back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Knightmare if the crows do what everyone keeps suggesting they will and trade away a combination of players, future picks as well as split the blues 1st; resulting in them going in on draft day with something like picks 8, 10, 15, 20, 25

- Which SA kids could they reasonably hope to secure?

Is this realistic?
Pick 8 - Will Gould
Pick 10 - Dylan Stephens
Pick 15 - Cameron Taheny
Pick 20 - Will Day
Pick 25 - Harry Schoenberg

No suggesting of course that we'd be able to secure all (would love to but highly unlikely) but would those pick positions be around the mark?

Gould and Stephens - Both look likely top ten picks, so I would only bank on one of them getting to your pick 8 and highly unlikely you would get both.

Gould may be a sneaky chance to get to 10, so you would almost have to pick Stephens first and hope for Gould.

Taheny - This kid could go anywhere, so hard to tell! Not sure I would personally pick him in my top 25 players, but I've not seen the best of this kid for over a year.

Day - Not the most crazy selection with regards to pick 20

Schoenberg - Probably around at that pick.

Gould and Stephens - Both look likely top ten picks, so I would only bank on one of them getting to your pick 8 and highly unlikely you would get both.

Gould may be a sneaky chance to get to 10, so you would almost have to pick Stephens first and hope for Gould.

Taheny - This kid could go anywhere, so hard to tell! Not sure I would personally pick him in my top 25 players, but I've not seen the best of this kid for over a year.

Day - Not the most crazy selection with regards to pick 20

Schoenberg - Probably around at that pick.
I heard Cal Twomey mention that he had Dylan Stephens around 10-15 and he usually is close to if not on the money, so i'm really hoping he slides to one of our picks. We could use a genuine accumulating outside mid with pace. (bonus is he is a SA kid)

Hey Knightmare if the crows do what everyone keeps suggesting they will and trade away a combination of players, future picks as well as split the blues 1st; resulting in them going in on draft day with something like picks 8, 10, 15, 20, 25

- Which SA kids could they reasonably hope to secure?

Is this realistic?
Pick 8 - Will Gould
Pick 10 - Dylan Stephens
Pick 15 - Cameron Taheny
Pick 20 - Will Day
Pick 25 - Harry Schoenberg

No suggesting of course that we'd be able to secure all (would love to but highly unlikely) but would those pick positions be around the mark?

Could be a chance.

Probably have to go Stephens first if you want a chance at them all. Only reservation as LemmingMaster mentioned is whether both Gould and Stephens can be assured with those picks. Stephens may not be there at 8. Gould could go earlier. Unknown at this stage.

Others I sense should be right. Taheny/Day/Schoenberg should all be there. Taheny particularly I'd be surprised to see go so high.

From SA, I personally like Shute, Hilder and Finlay to Taheny and Day. Not saying they're all going earlier, but I have them higher on my board.

Could be a chance.

Probably have to go Stephens first if you want a chance at them all. Only reservation as LemmingMaster mentioned is whether both Gould and Stephens can be assured with those picks. Stephens may not be there at 8. Gould could go earlier. Unknown at this stage.

Others I sense should be right. Taheny/Day/Schoenberg should all be there. Taheny particularly I'd be surprised to see go so high.
Yeah nice one.

I really, really like the look of Gould and Stephens - so hope we can find a way to secure them both. Gonna be an interesting draft day this year though, I wouldn't be surprised (And really hope it's the case) that the crows end up selecting 6 guys inside the top 30 picks.

Add that to the most recent drafts; and the list doesn't look quite as old and dismal as we've all thought this year.
2018 - Chayce Jones, Ned McHenry, Will Hamill, Lachie Sholl, Jordan Butts, Kieran Strachan
2017 - Darcy Fogarty, Andrew McPherson, Lachie Murphy
2016 - Jordan Galucci, Elliot Himmelberg, Myles Poholke

A later pick if he goes. Productive, but probably not as impactful as some others.

Different types. There is more Petracca to Flanders. Flanders is a stronger body and better 1v1, Rozee generates more drive.

I think you meant to right there is no comparison. Other than a slightly stronger body there is nothing that Flanders has over Rozee. Rozee has the ability to be a Brownlow medal winning best player in the game type. Flanders no where near that. Very good AFL player is how I see Flanders but they simply aren't in the same class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back