Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Any shepherd these days and the opponents fakes a hit to the head and squeals like a soccer player.

The almost shepherd :D

1753458.main_image.gif

Willie Rioli would probably get 2 matches for that.

This was posted in one of the PAFC history pages on FB and apart from the hilarity around the cheer squad being gronks at a Glenelg game, I had a wry chuckle at the highlighted bit.

Pasted_Image_18_8_2023__11_44_am.png

This was posted in one of the PAFC history pages on FB and apart from the hilarity around the cheer squad being gronks at a Glenelg game, I had a wry chuckle at the highlighted bit.

View attachment 1777379

I just pictured 11 year old Keith Thomas, in suit and tie, giving a very stern lecture via black and white televisions strategically positioned around Alberton Oval

View attachment 1777379

Now these types go to Federation Square and light flares or break railway signal boxes. :D

View attachment 1777379

1973 eh? That's what a long premiership drought will do though...

Is it time for Port to have SANFL reserves, SANFL Under 19's and get our zones back, or do we give up on SANFL altogether and just exist in the AFL reserves?

My gut tells me we should stay in the SANFL if these conditions are met.
Nope. AFL reserves comp, dump the SANFL. End of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall suggesting we chase this player way back when (not sure if it was on here or that other now defunct site that dare not speak its name) and got roundly howled down...

I didn't get a lot of support for us chasing Byron Pickett either, so it probably was on TPFP.

Is it time for Port to have SANFL reserves, SANFL Under 19's and get our zones back, or do we give up on SANFL altogether and just exist in the AFL reserves?

These days it's U18s and U16s.

We aren't getting Reserves or most importantly zones back. So the question is 'Stay in the SANFL, be umpired so differently, our AFL worst umpiring looks like West Coast at home in comparison, get treated like shit for propping up minnows too afraid to make the move we did or go to AFL reserves, hopefully send some SANFL clubs to the wall, remove any excuse for the SANFL to have anything to do with us, particularly the SMA and have our younger/fringe players competing against younger/fringe players they could play on in years to come'. Easy choice of goodbye SANFL for me.

How are the players not absolutely sick of hearing Hinkley do those speeches?

Why is he the absolute outright face and human embodiment of our club now?

It’ll be compulsory to buy his manifesto shortly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back