Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE - Do Not Engage With Trolls

Welcome to this the time of year when Geelong is knocked out of premiership contention - with our refusal to bottom out, when we get knocked out of finals it brings joy to opposition fans

That means we get increased incidents of trolling, both on our board and via PMs - sometimes from regular accounts and then there's those who decide to create new accounts to act as idiots

IF anyone encounters troll activity - either on this board or via PM, the best course of action is to report the content and then leave it for the mod & admin team to deal with

Do not tag trolls, quote troll posts as that increases the work for posts to be deleted, or post screenshots - anything like that will get deleted

Let's get back on track, discuss the game and even the season at hand for those who wish - though we'll try to get a season autopsy thread up in time

votes

5 Max Holmes
4 Patrick Dangerfield
3- Jeremy Cameron
2 - Gryan Miers
1 - Tom Stewart

Last edited by a moderator:

Mullin has the makings of future Midfield star
He is fast, tough, balanced and can run all game
His footy smarts and skill are improving quickly
Has the temperament and attitude to succeed
Will be best 22 regular player next year

The way he can pick up the ball cleanly as well, sensational 👏

Our third quarters have been a problem for a few years now. And sure enough it was groundhog day once again. Whatever is going on in the rooms at the main break, FFS change it up!

Kinda ironic that a few years ago our biggest issue was the start of the game, and our third was usually where we improved.
Complete 180 now, we start really well yet our third is often our worst quarter.

Hmm it was 59-24 after paddy’s first goal of the third quarter… when they stepped it up we looked lost. Quite a few players didn’t do enough….

Ummm... What stat are you talking about with 59-24?

The scoreline at quarter time was:
1.5 - 11, vs 3.2 - 20

At halftime the score was:
8.7 - 55, vs 5.6 - 36

We got the first goal of the third to take it to
9.7 - 61, vs 5.6 - 36

But that's only a 25 point lead, not even close to the 35 points you're suggesting

Agree on Clohesy, Mullin seems an easy target when half a dozen of our ‘stars’ just didn’t show up.
Because his VFL form has never justified playing, and more often than not when he is in matches we are basically playing a man down.

Its staggering games are being pumped into him when he quite frankly hasn't earned his spot and while he shows glimpses people forget it was mistakes against Papley that lead to him getting Sydney over us, and it was trying a kick that wasn't on against GWS that lead to a Greene smother and goal that sunk us at home.

Right now his worst games severely outnumber his good games, and it would be crazy to suggest his output tonight would have been more than someone like a Tuohy or even an SDK. Hell tonight I would have rathered given the game time to Clark if you want to pump finals into someone to speed up development.

You need to take off the rose coloured glasses. He’ll get at least 1 week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm all for protecting the head and don't like sling tackles so if he has to go, all good (and he has form) but being at the ground I now have more respect for the players tackling than I did previously.

Watching it live I was dirty it was a free kick and never saw any untoward extra movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell this hurts! it was a fantastic match but I can't help but think we threw that away in the third quarter. We let them run riot and we payed the ultimate price in the end, Well done to the Lions after last weeks effort to back that up that is just amazing. Wish them all the best in the GF it will be very much deserved if they go on and win it.

Bloody hell this hurts! it was a fantastic match but I can't help but think we threw that away in the third quarter. We let them run riot and we payed the ultimate price in the end, Well done to the Lions after last weeks effort to back that up that is just amazing. Wish them all the best in the GF it will be very much deserved if they go on and win it.
Yeah the more I think about the game it hurts more, feels like 2013 again, but we did look cooked. Would have been smashed next week.

I think Lions will win.

Just hope we bounce back with more consistency in 2025.

Surprisingly don’t feel too disappointed. Without Holmes next week we would be absolutely smacked. Danger a possible out too. For Holmes to miss 2 GF’s due to injury would have been soul destroying. Glad that’s been avoided.

Thought O.Henry, Blicavs and Humphries were good all game. Unfortunately too many only either had cameos or failed to show at all.

This match demonstrated our midfield is thin. Lose one cog and it collapses. Not sure what to make of Bruhn now. I hope he isn’t another “next season” player. Neale similar. Prepared to give him longer though his decision making under pressure tonight is concerning.

Think the time may have come for Bews and Duncan to consider retirement. I’m not sure what value either will be for us in another year?

Lots of issues to deal with. Adding Smith will help. But we need another quality mid at least.

We went from being incredibly fit and full of run to the space of cooked in 2 weeks.

It was a completely different team Vs port. Composed, played for each other, disciplined.

What happened?
How did they run out the game better?

The fact that we had them on the ropes in the 2nd qurter and couldnt finish them off is the thing that disappoints me the most.

Missing a Selwood today to steady the ship. The lack of composure and wise heads to slow the game down a bit when Brisbane had a run on in the 3rd was telling.

We let this one slip....

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back