Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

The comparisons, by our nuffie supporters on social media, to Richmond having their poor year in 2016 & our year this year just crack me up.... They do realise Richmond won 8 games - double the amount we won. They also played finals the 3 years previous to their ‘down’ year, including 2 years of 15 wins....

FFS..... LMFAO

Please don’t let me see any Richmond comparisons on here

if they were Demi gods we wouldn't be 16th with 4 wins,
I'm ok with what they get and when they get it, I'm not the one having a tanty about them having 8 weeks off after having to train continually for 10 months, I can see the need for the time off. You do realize that the AFLPA is a union, and like a lot of unions, bargained for the terms of employment of their members, The AFL as their employer, agreed to said terms. Couldn't mention the number of times construction sites have been shut down doe to uncovered walkways between lunch rooms and toilets.

It's called a
"Collective bargaining agreement - an agreement in writing or writings between an employer and a trade union setting forth the terms and conditions of employment or containing provisions in regard to rates of pay, hours of work or other working conditions of employees."

btw, what does state funds have to do with player having an 8 week break???

sounds like an old man rant champ
Wow. Make one comment about 8 weeks and the big footy police come knocking.

I am well aware how unions work - both positive and negative.

Anyway, I have said my piece and will leave you all in peace.

Hopefully the next person to have a view contrary to the most aggressive in here will be welcomed with a little more respect.

And most people would go straight to Slater & Gordon and take their employer to court if on a weekly basis they were made to stand in Port Phillip Bay at dawn in sub zero temperatures clad only in their speedos.

Comparisons between professional athletes and "normal" working folk is pointless.
Paid life guards for instance?

People do get it. The question is: after 5 years, should the head coach be responsible for the teams performance? Straight yes or no. The rest is just noise...
Yes. But I don’t understand those saying that our performance two years ago is directly relative to ours now. The personnel we have at our disposal is much worse. So those saying Richo is a good coach because of what we did last season and the one before (when we had the easiest draw imaginable) should not be able to rely upon that.

I’m not sure we are in disagreement.

Yes. But I don’t understand those saying that our performance two years ago is directly relative to ours now. The personnel we have at our disposal is much worse. So those saying Richo is a good coach because of what we did last season and the one before (when we had the easiest draw imaginable) should not be able to rely upon that.

Yet this year we had the hardest draw of all teams, a terrible run of injuries and some key pre-season retirements

Okay...everybody calm down...Richo is currently still coaching, Billings, Acres, Stuv, Dunstan, Gresh, Lonie & Paddy are to the BEST of our knowledge, still playing for St.Kilda. I know it is silly season, but let's not lose our shit before it has been thrown at a fan...we should be keeping what we can for November when the list and coaching staff is all lodged. Once we have 9 ruckmen, 24 half back flankers, Geary still captain, and Hanerberry for life...we will deserve a meltdown. We must rest for the next few weeks so that when the inevitable shit storm comes we will be prepared to sling our own.

Ok I'm sure we're not ;)
Those you're refering to are just desperate for hope and need something to hang on to. And of course some people believe the earth is flat. But maybe, on a flat earth, Cho is a good coach.....

We must rest for the next few weeks so that when the inevitable shit storm comes we will be prepared to sling our own.
Stuff that; we need to hit the gym to ensure we're in peak condition for the melt

NW3teUQH7iBusicPDauK16JNtUy9jmjMT1iwUG3s8Fzq_U08EJmIv8a-1pELetJkM0a8v6G5NMjpw0fAmwxunPBv45lLFydUU6ywPbbK6c8q57EZRuV4IM4ff_Zn0RIlTo0FqqhE=w477-h308-nc

There are still players going into the club using the gym etc. players coming off surgery still have contact to help with recovery. Players coming in for meetings about their future/trades.
The club must give the players time off but it’s not like they are not welcome to be at the club.
Freezer was at Moorabbin nearly all last off season working on his recovery sessions.
Good dedication by the young man. Only if we had more like him at the club. Wait a second..

he articulated about Freeman very well. Sounds like he knows Gag's ( Gallagher ) previously, good mates?

Yep. Kids go to school together. Lethlean will bring in his own people who will no doubt have an existing connection. Mostly old Xavs connections. Not a bad thing IMO. Some impressive people involved. Including major sponsors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Kids go to school together. Lethlean will bring in his own people who will no doubt have an existing connection. Mostly old Xavs connections. Not a bad thing IMO. Some impressive people involved. Including major sponsors.

Could be great, but could also be horrific

Time will tell

Reckon he speaks well and lets face it the club needs a strong personality to drive the change needed.

Don't care where they come from as long as quality people for role/s.

Okay...everybody calm down...Richo is currently still coaching, Billings, Acres, Stuv, Dunstan, Gresh, Lonie & Paddy are to the BEST of our knowledge, still playing for St.Kilda. I know it is silly season, but let's not lose our shit before it has been thrown at a fan...we should be keeping what we can for November when the list and coaching staff is all lodged. Once we have 9 ruckmen, 24 half back flankers, Geary still captain, and Hanerberry for life...we will deserve a meltdown. We must rest for the next few weeks so that when the inevitable shit storm comes we will be prepared to sling our own.
Gotta ask cos of the user name.
You a fan of The Grapes of wrath?
John Steinbeck?
Bruce Springsteen?
Rage Against the Machine?
Yes to any of the above would be a good answer :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paid life guards for instance?

We have to pee into a jar in front of a monitored camera.
Work at a 50 degree rock face.
Wade into waste sumps.

So What? It’s all about the job, and nobody forces us to stay on.

The comparisons, by our nuffie supporters on social media, to Richmond having their poor year in 2016 & our year this year just crack me up.... They do realise Richmond won 8 games - double the amount we won. They also played finals the 3 years previous to their ‘down’ year, including 2 years of 15 wins....

FFS..... LMFAO

Please don’t let me see any Richmond comparisons on here

so much this

its been repeated friggin 50 billion times on here. do not drink the clubs koolaid, we are nothing like the scenario or circumstances richmond found them selves in.

What kool-aid exactly?

Has club said we are like Richmond?

we've been pointing to the richmond example since last pre-season, collingwood when it looked like they were going to make finals

then people on here have been using it as justification for why richo needs to be given more time and we just need to clean out the assistants

Reckon he speaks well and lets face it the club needs a strong personality to drive the change needed.

Don't care where they come from as long as quality people for role/s.
I reckon we need another gringo2011 description of Lethlean...my favourite poster, posting on his favourite subject

What kool-aid exactly?

Has club said we are like Richmond?
Yes they have. A number of times through the year there’s been Richo & Lethlean refer to Richmond having a down year in 2016 & then referencing similarities to our year this year

Yes they have. A number of times through the year there’s been Richo & Lethlean refer to Richmond having a down year in 2016 & then referencing similarities to our year this year
Yep. Have heard it from the club in the media aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back