Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

And following on from that, here's the Dogs from 2016:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2016/western-bulldogs

- All-Australians: 6 (Murphy, Boyd, Stringer, Wood, Minson, Morris. Also 3 who made the squad - Dahlaus, Liberatore, Adcock.)
- Brownlow Medallists: 0
- Coleman Medallists: 0
- Best 1st Year Player: 1 (Bontempelli)
- Guys with around 100 career Brownlow votes: 1 (Boyd)
- Guys with around 500 career goals: 0 (Murphy 173, Crameri 165)
- Guys with more than 90 career games: 9 (Murphy, Boyd, Morris, Adcock, Minson, Picken, Suckling, Crameri, Dahlhaus)
- Guys 25 or older: 12

So they looked even younger than we will next year, but with much more quality on the list. Lots of AAs and Bontempelli who already had 17 Brownlow votes from his 37 games. (Billings had 15 from 64 at the start of this year.) Their old guys a fair bit more quality than ours.

Unfortunately I don't think we're comparable to them either.
Thank you for this.

I hate when people bring up the Richmond model or the Dogs one. We have 0% in common with those teams besides playing in the same league. Different players and a different psychological make up.

Just because something worked for a side that it would automatically work for us because club A done it.

We need to stop looking at other sides from previous years as the game evolves every year. Both those 2 clubs changed the game and how it was played ahead of everyone else hencong winning the flag.

We need to come out and have our own identity in the way we play and be ahead of the curve with tactics/ideas otherwise nothing will ever change.

What is starking from the Draft Guru list is that we only have 2 B&F players on our list. and one would assume Steven will win his fourth.
I agree, but if we're looking at it as a picture of list strength then one year named in the AA squad doesn't count for a huge amount.
I agree but its also subjective.
Ross & Steven are good enough to play in a premiership side now, and Gilbert was good enough.

So they looked even younger than we will next year, but with much more quality on the list. Lots of AAs and Bontempelli who already had 17 Brownlow votes from his 37 games. (Billings had 15 from 64 at the start of this year.) Their old guys a fair bit more quality than ours.
The paths of the 2 sides after the 2010 Prelim were quite different...….we "hung" around for 2012/2013 before going off the cliff in 2014.

The Dogs starting drafting well after that prelim and pretty well nailed all their picks for the next 3 years.

They had that massive upheaval late 2014 and the rest is history.

Thank you for this.

I hate when people bring up the Richmond model or the Dogs one. We have 0% in common with those teams besides playing in the same league. Different players and a different psychological make up.

Just because something worked for a side that it would automatically work for us because club A done it.

We need to stop looking at other sides from previous years as the game evolves every year. Both those 2 clubs changed the game and how it was played ahead of everyone else hencong winning the flag.

We need to come out and have our own identity in the way we play and be ahead of the curve with tactics/ideas otherwise nothing will ever change.

the whole model thing is bullshit.
Combination of luck and good management for a particular group, so then we try to deconstruct it and emulate it

And following on from that, here's the Dogs from 2016:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2016/western-bulldogs

- All-Australians: 6 (Murphy, Boyd, Stringer, Wood, Minson, Morris. Also 3 who made the squad - Dahlaus, Liberatore, Adcock.)
- Brownlow Medallists: 0
- Coleman Medallists: 0
- Best 1st Year Player: 1 (Bontempelli)
- Guys with around 100 career Brownlow votes: 1 (Boyd)
- Guys with around 500 career goals: 0 (Murphy 173, Crameri 165)
- Guys with more than 90 career games: 9 (Murphy, Boyd, Morris, Adcock, Minson, Picken, Suckling, Crameri, Dahlhaus)
- Guys 25 or older: 12

Unfortunately I don't think we're comparable to them either.
We had a team like that in 2009/10. Couldn't win a flag during that time for various reasons, but came close.
You can't compare our 2018 team with our 2009 team.

We are chasing
Hannabery
Menzel
Lycatt

And looking to move on
Arces
Hickey
Dunstan

If you believe what you read on here
Ross
Steven
Billings
Want out

And we have Gresham not wanting to sign waiting to see what happens

Also moving a home game to china where its more of a benefit to the away team

Just lock the joint up or move us to Tassie

We are chasing
Hannabery
Menzel
Lycatt

And looking to move on
Arces
Hickey
Dunstan

If you believe what you read on here
Ross
Steven
Billings
Want out

And we have Gresham not wanting to sign waiting to see what happens

Also moving a home game to china where its more of a benefit to the away team

Just lock the joint up or move us to Tassie

It’s scary isn’t it? We need the AFL to take the club over & not allow them to make anymore stupid decisions.

It’s scary isn’t it? We need the AFL to take the club over & not allow them to make anymore stupid decisions.
Get the feeling we are close to being beyond fixable, any other business run this badly it would be shut down

What is starking from the Draft Guru list is that we only have 2 B&F players on our list. and one would assume Steven will win his fourth.

I agree but its also subjective.
Ross & Steven are good enough to play in a premiership side now, and Gilbert was good enough.

B&Fs I don't really rate. Someone has to win one each year. It's a sign of relative quality not absolute. Hence Andrew Swallow is a three-time B&F winner.

Premiership player even less for mine. Nathan Wright could have a flag if he was at the Tiges this year. Puopolo has a few, I don't rate him. Jon Simpkin won one thanks to right place right time (he was delisted two years later). Rob Eddy could have had two with a bit of luck. Any of our current list are "good enough" but I don't see that as a measure of quality.

Lycett going to port adelaide
:oops:
Saints fishing with whole side of beef on hook yet we'll end up with a couple of ******* Yabbies held together with gaffa tape.

Desperation syndrome!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B+ this year. Could have gone to A if he hadnt got injured/suspended. Every chance he will next year.

****ing stupid arse injuries too. Fyfe knees him in the head and he gets a punctured lung from a doctor?

Wat.

I mean he must do enough self inflicted harm each weekend much less these bloody freak occurrences.

Hey guys what’s the latest news RE delistings??
wont see anymore until after trade period, when we will have to let more go if we trade for some or plan to draft/rookie more than 4

the uncontracted guys remain on our list until after trade period,

Get the feeling we are close to being beyond fixable, any other business run this badly it would be shut down
Oh gawwwwd, do me a favour. This is so much dramatising that it can't be indulged. It's been a bad year, but most of your points are emotive exaggerations or deliberately showing things in a negative light.

Just as one example, your list of the players we're supposed to be chasing: you left off all the other names that we are/were chasing. The club has said we're being aggressive, doesn't mean we'll get all out targets. Hawthorn brought in Vickery, Pies brought in Mayne. Should they shut their doors too?

The club has let you down, you're clearly over it, just leave already or suck it up and try to not lose your shit every frigging day.

Oh gawwwwd, do me a favour. This is so much dramatising that it can't be indulged. It's been a bad year, but most of your points are emotive exaggerations or deliberately showing things in a negative light.

Just as one example, your list of the players we're supposed to be chasing: you left off all the other names that we are/were chasing. The club has said we're being aggressive, doesn't mean we'll get all out targets. Hawthorn brought in Vickery, Pies brought in Mayne. Should they shut their doors too?

The club has let you down, you're clearly over it, just leave already or suck it up and try to not lose your shit every frigging day.
Oh gawwwwd, do me a favour. put me on ignore . because i will write what ever i damm well like.
And no Hawthorn and Collingwood shouldn't shut their doors both in the top 4 and cash up, so why dont you jog off

And maybe just suck it up and try not lose your shit every frigging time someone has a different view to yours

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back