Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, we'd have to use our last 2 to elevate them. I think they could only play when senior players went on the long-term injury list (which would have been Robbo and Stevens)

Actually I’m not sure but I think the AFL have changed the rules and Rookie listed players can now play in he seniors anytime . Hopefully someone can confirm this as I could be wrong .

Go Saints

Lonie is goneski...unless we up our offer to 3 years. Aint gonna happen.
Hickey would be mad not to go to WCE as well...i'd imagine they'd offer a 2 year deal + 3rd year trigger

I reckon Acres and Dunstan will also advise the club they want to be moved on
Has WCE offered Hickey a deal or is it just a guess

With Meatball & Gilbo now both gone, I hope we have a plan for our list spots that doesn't involve using all of Picks 58, 61, 66 & 76.

Edit: I don't really know how rookie elevations work, can we use two of those rubbish picks to elevate RoMa and Pierce?
Yes but then we’d just use two worse picks to fill the rookie list

Yeah, we'd have to use our last 2 to elevate them. I think they could only play when senior players went on the long-term injury list (which would have been Robbo and Stevens)
That does not apply anymore. Players on the rookie list can now be picked to play the same as players on the senior list. They just dont get paid the same.

We've only actually delisted four off our list so far, as Stevens has retired and Gilbert has effectively retired too. Connellan was not on either of our lists (main or rookie lists) as he was a category B rookie and was separate to the four players we had allocated to the rookie list (Pearce, Joyce, Langlands & Marshall). So Connellan doesn't need to be 'replaced' per se, although we can add another Cat B player if we want to.

So delisting four fringe players and retiring two at this time of year is pretty much standard. I suspect the only other player movements will be via trades where we get something in return (albeit not much in some cases). So I wouldn't classify it as a clean-out.
Exactly. As ARR said the only surprise in the last 48 hours was: wtf were you waiting for? Offers?

With Meatball & Gilbo now both gone, I hope we have a plan for our list spots that doesn't involve using all of Picks 58, 61, 66 & 76.
Banking on the AFL giving us (and a couple of others) exclusive access to State League players and picking the eyes out of the delisted players from AFL clubs.

We'll have pick #3 in the rookie draft for those missed in the draft too, but you can bet on a mature player or two there I'm guessing. Banking on youth has it's limitations when the fans have lost patience with the rebuild.

I wonder why the club is delisting one at a time?
I find this intriguing as well. It may just mean that Gallagher has required more time for further list needs analysis.

But, I'm wondering whether each de-listing means a player has been 'signed' behind the scenes. For example, maybe Minchington's departure means that we have got Menzel over the line! Cue melts.

Either way, we had 6 new players list changes total last year. 7 and growing this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What were supporters expecting ?? if you wrote your own list of players to go i think the clubs got it 100%

Just wondering how we are going to fill the spots...and with what quality.

Just wondering how we are going to fill the spots...and with what quality.
Cho has the next crop coming along nicely

296ht3r.jpg

What were supporters expecting ?? if you wrote your own list of players to go i think the clubs got it 100%

You expected Freeman and Goddard gone? And Lonie no to get a contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back