Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering how we are going to fill the spots...and with what quality.
This is what I'm wondering as well. We still have some horse trading to do to get in what we need. That may mean we need to offload another 3-4 in trades. That would leave us with 10-11 spots unfilled. Given the geniuses traded away our second and third rounders, we will have to use all of those late junk picks. What a brilliant strategy.

This is what I'm wondering as well. We still have some horse trading to do to get in what we need. That may mean we need to offload another 3-4 in trades. That would leave us with 10-11 spots unfilled. Given the geniuses traded away our second and third rounders, we will have to use all of those late junk picks. What a brilliant strategy.
BF.jpg

YES.

Where is the video?

I9uTWu6BQpQ9H7YF-6SAh1xNDEW6zntVFqN6PFKqhp0K7njok5hsnKbOBkEqRVnNCfh-EZMXJ5Gp12i3bNnEd3jABc4UAPcrs6teLXXKX_ArAiiH19YiMpP3cNbaBC-0wboyXuOXsKFpkTOJ=w298-h225-nc

Reckon we will do 4 for a late first and a couple of second rounders or something and Dunny and Acres for what ever we can get. Lonie for a third etc. It makes no sense any other way. We will be trading a lot out still. Hickey and Longer both on the trade table too.

A mate who knows player managers said he heard nearly every one at St Kilda was available for the right price, I reckon there wil be some serious melts because everyone knows we are in a corner now and won't pay top dollar.

I reckon this might be a busy off season.

They better have a conga line of FAs and RFAs lined up, otherwise I feel a long winter coming on. Maybe they've already given up on 2019 and are looking at 2020.

I reckon 2020 might be dream land.

Our main problem has been development.

With that in mind, perhaps we're better off outsourcing that task.

Perhaps our geniuses believe these once discarded, but nonetheless tasty, morsels are now ready to satisfy the supporters palates

2yk1jxw.jpg

* Then again, like Hannebery, they may actually be fully cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how do the contracts work for Lonie, Longer, Joyce, Austin and Weller?

They're OOC and if we don't offer them a contract they become DFA and can sign for any club.

But if we do offer them a contract does a club then have to trade for them?

I'd hate to think we're getting nothing for a player like Lonie. Does anyone know?

They're OOC and if we don't offer them a contract they become DFA and can sign for any club.

I'd hate to think we're getting nothing for a player like Lonie. Does anyone know?

If you're trying to re-sign an uncontracted player, one can continue to do this beyond the trade period and the first delisted free agent period. Players could end up in the National Draft or Pre-season draft after October 31 when all uncontracted players are automatically delisted.

Other than Essendon, clubs don't operate in that bully boy environment anymore and it serves nobody's agenda. It works both ways, so if one club wants to stick it to another club one year, it knows it will get bent over when the wheel turns. Clubs will always look for amicable trades, unless it's Dildoro, who gets an erection every time his name gets mentioned in the press. But if you need more than that to feel at ease, know that we are well positioned in all drafts to make sure that we have the upper hand in negotiations if forced to play dirty.

Surely Logan Austin is contracted?... we wouldn't have signed him on a 1 year deal.

My understanding is that Joyce was signed as a normal rookie and Connellan the Cat B rookie.

Wondering, can we move Joyce to a Cat B rookie spot for his 3rd year as a rookie now that we have delisted Ray?
Would free up another rookie spot for us to take a risk on (mature ager like Barlow?)

My understanding is that Joyce was signed as a normal rookie and Connellan the Cat B rookie.

Wondering, can we move Joyce to a Cat B rookie spot for his 3rd year as a rookie now that we have delisted Ray?
Would free up another rookie spot for us to take a risk on (mature ager like Barlow?)

Joyce was cat B last year as was Connellan, our two rookies were Langlands and Pierce to join Marshall from 2016. Joyce then got "promoted" to rookie to play 2 games rather than cat B as;

(e) Category B Rookies include former International Scholarship players with that Club, Academy players (only with respect to Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast Suns and GWS Giants), Next Generation Academy Players, International Rookies (including 1 x Irish), Non-Registered or not Played for 3 Years, Sydney and Queensland Based Clubs and Alternate Talent Players.

(g) A Club may list more than three Category B Rookies across all groups noted above, but each additional player will be designated as a Category A Rookie and that Club must forfeit its last available selection at the next Rookie Draft meeting.

He then became registered and played 2 games of footy, which means this draft we forfeit 1 rookie selection as we had 2x Irish.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there a rule which forbids a club signing two Irish players as Cat B rookies? And that’s why Joyce was a Cat A rookie.

Literally quoted it as it changed last year, read point (g) in the quote, elate to bolded from (e). Lifted directly from the 2017-2022 CBA. :thumbsu:

We forfeit a rookie selection this draft.

1x Cat B: Irish (Joyce)
1x Cat B: Irish (Connellan) -> Cat A classification, - 2018 last rookie selection.

With the change in how rookies then went, Joyce became the Cat A classification to then promote to then play senior footy.

Earlier articles also suggested we were sending Nathan Wright for surgery so he'd be right for 2019. The article says Pierce will hope to add games next year, not for whom.

True. You’d think Skrobalak coming back to the club full time would help Pierce’s chances though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back