Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

For those thinking that the coach has the players and all is rosy then you may be shocked to learn that two contracted, highly rated youngsters have asked to be traded. Whether the club agrees I don’t know yet. One of these in particular will upset supporters.
Another yet to be re-signed player has informed the club he is looking into a new home.
This is not taking into account that our best contracted young player is being heavily courted by a top side and is yet to officially decline their advances and another contracted very high draft pick has spoken to a club closer to home.
The players are not happy, and in most cases comes back to the coach not giving them a fair go, not trusting them enough to play them in their natural positions or sitting them on the bench for extended periods.
Say what you want about the players but alarm bells should be ringing at Moorabbin, we are in real strife.
Is that why the Ratten news was released? I thought that was going to happen after Hawks finish. Club trying to put a positive spin. I think Richo must go, position untenable.

Well then lets hope the new Prez has the balls to do what must be done!
Because you are most likely referring to players like Billings, Gresh, Acres and Lonie. If they all leave we might as well shut the place down. Very depressing to hear.

For those thinking that the coach has the players and all is rosy then you may be shocked to learn that two contracted, highly rated youngsters have asked to be traded. Whether the club agrees I don’t know yet. One of these in particular will upset supporters.
Another yet to be re-signed player has informed the club he is looking into a new home.
This is not taking into account that our best contracted young player is being heavily courted by a top side and is yet to officially decline their advances and another contracted very high draft pick has spoken to a club closer to home.
The players are not happy, and in most cases comes back to the coach not giving them a fair go, not trusting them enough to play them in their natural positions or sitting them on the bench for extended periods.
Say what you want about the players but alarm bells should be ringing at Moorabbin, we are in real strife.
I still can't believe the tail still wags the dog in this day and age seriously petulant kids trying to de rail an AFL club it's time the club & managers stood up kicked these guy's up the @rse.

I'm tipping armo to go nowhere
k3vlfd.jpg

If they don't want to play with the Saints then pi*s them off now!
Why would you if you have been mismanaged and not developing?

That view is what kills organisations. We clearly don’t have a culture that is appealing for players, clearly they aren’t happy. It’s not about “If they don’t want to play, piss off” if the club has that mindset, we might as well fold

I still can't believe the tail still wags the dog in this day and age seriously petulant kids trying to de rail an AFL club it's time the club & managers stood up kicked these guy's up the @rse.
I think he's a lobbyist for sacking Richo. Was also telling us how great Longer was.

Luke, Billings have been given a decent run, as has Paddy who has done shit.

Lonie has done zero until the last few weeks and wants to hold the club to ransom?

FMD.

Well then lets hope the new Prez has the balls to do what must be done!
Because you are most likely referring to players like Billings, Gresh, Acres and Lonie. If they all leave we might as well shut the place down. Very depressing to hear.
It was alluded to yesterday that they are now reviewing the coach. So if there is a groundswell of disillusionment from the players, he will go.

Ghost....you've just destroyed my day.

WTF is going on down there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at all the talk of modern day players. If you don't create a good working environment for the players (as you would for any job) they will justifiably leave. We should be angry at our curent s**tstain of a football department for creating such an environment.
The last thing any organisation wants are people who want to be elsewhere. These are destabilising influences on others- while our coaches might be sh*t, some players need to wear a portion of blame for not playing good team football. Clubs are bigger than the individual, though in recent history, I suggest the Saints hierarchy have seen it the other way.

have a look at the reasons given.

Ghost seems to be the main bell ringer.

If players are upset at not getting game time or whatever them you have to question their resilience.

I agree, but if a lack of resilience is the case, then you would have to say that our attempts to draft kids of "strong character" has been an abject failure. Its either that or they have been poorly developed and completely mismanaged, leading to them wanting out.

EDIT: If indeed the rumours are true.

Last edited:
The last thing any organisation wants are people who want to be elsewhere. These are destabilising influences on others- while our coaches might be sh*t, some players need to wear a portion of blame for not playing good team football. Clubs are bigger than the individual, though in recent history, I suggest the Saints hierarchy have seen it the other way.

I don't disagree but the sheer number of players we are hearing about suggests the fault lies not with individuals

I'm reading this as:
  • Billings and Acres have requested trades (Either one here could be the one disappointing to supporters - Gresh would be the hardest hit, but read below...)
  • Lonie looking for a new home, known to not have a contract yet
  • Gresham being courted by Collingwood/Richmond/Hawthorn
  • Paddy has spoken to Geelong
Ghost, blink for every correct answer ;)

NEWSFLASH: Other clubs will look at poaching our best players. No shit? Did we expect differently?

Ok, I get the whole environment and culture thing. I'm a huge advocate for it in any organisation.

Once again, let's have a look at the reasons why posted...

Being on the bench, played out of position etc. From my perspective, this is an amplification of player gripes.

Every player wants more game time and wants to be played in their preferred position.

And guess what? Players are weighing up their options. Nothing new here.

It's up to the club to ensure they are retained and happy. which brings me to my next point...

There has is radical off field changes going on right now. In other words, we are addressing the off field problems and coaching problems - which are not yet finalised.

The said players will be aware of them and be informed of their future role. If players think they can get guaranteed game time etc at another club, then good luck to them.

Bottom line is they are contracted and we hold the whip hand.

If they decide for whatever reasons they want to leave, then my only request is that the club maximises our return.

I'm reading this as:
  • Billings and Acres have requested trades (Either one here could be the one disappointing to supporters - Gresh would be the hardest hit, but read below...)
  • Lonie looking for a new home, known to not have a contract yet
  • Gresham being courted by Collingwood/Richmond/Hawthorn
  • Paddy has spoken to Geelong
Ghost, blink for every correct answer ;)
Wasn't GWS sniffing around Gresham that's fine swap for Shiel or Taranto

I'll just get this out now so that I can claim it next year.

Search: StKilda AFL Wiki

Death of historic AFL Club

In 2018, StKilda Football Club retains clearly inept and history making losing coach Allan Richardson after horrifically poor season, also encouraging its playing list to seek alternative employment if unhappy, facilitating the exit of its highly rated players for under market value.
Through trades, StKFC acquire talented but highly injury prone players, Daniel Menzel and Daniel Hannebery, both of whom never play a game for StKilda at senior level.
After continued poor performances in the 2019 season, Alan Richardson is fired from his position at the half way point in the season. At the conclusion of the 2019 season, all remaining contracted players, excepting Daniel Menzel and Daniel Hannebery, request to be traded to other AFL clubs, and all uncontracted players refuse to enter new contracts, and walk to other clubs.

Former coach Alan Richardson is later quoted as saying "that he was not given sufficient time to implement his strategies", and that the club had hamstrung his tenure by recruiting players of "below average intelligence" that could not understand the modern game.

Related searches:
.The Devonport Saints FC
.Stupidest decisions in sport
.Worst coaching records in professional sport
.How to demotivate young people
.Alan Richardson Australian Prime Minister

If this is the case he will be gone sooner than later. Especially if he is now under review.

Funny this is eerily familiar to 2013 when Joey and Rooey looked like leaving.

none of those players want to come to a basket case of a bottom 4 club. we couldnt even get close to kelly last year when we had more optimism.

Yea that’s what I mean. Give Gresham the big contract that was offered to those guys. If there was money to lure them here, there’s money to keep Gresh.

The club needs to tell the contracted players who want to leave that they won't be traded and back in the club to turn itself around through the changes to the coaching departments. A year is a long time in football - 12 months ago some of those players were more than happy to sign a contract. If we can win 8-10 games next year and address a lot of the concerns, then we should be able to get them to re-sign. But we cant let our future walk out the door after one crappy year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted List cull begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back