List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Geelong even have any draft picks after the first round?

edit: just checked Lore draft order and they have 7 then 81. Something about beggars and choosers.

Last edited:

j6AHb4s.gif

images

Essendon will make every effort to keep defender Brandon Zerk-Thatcher in the event the Bombers miss out on North Melbourne free agent Ben McKay.
Zerk Thatcher, 25, is yet to request a trade but the defender has attracted significant interest from Port Adelaide where he has strong family links.

If he decides to pursue a move home to South Australia, Essendon would likely ask for a pick inside the top-20 from Port Adelaide considering his importance and development this year.

How can anyone who’s watched Hinkley for the past decade think that Hinkley will drop a senior player for a kid ?

Dante may or may not go past him but evidence says that Hinkley won’t act on it
Didn't our captain get dropped for Williams just this year?

Jackson Trengove may disagree with you

Trengove wasn’t dropped for another younger tall, he was pushed out so we could pick a smaller more mobile player

Sydney’s offer to free agent Ben McKay would likely hand North Melbourne Pick 3 as compensation, according to multiple reports.
McKay looms as a key piece of this year’s trade period, with the key defender unsigned for next season despite the Kangaroos’ 2023 campaign finishing almost a fortnight ago.“Everyone at North Melbourne is bracing for him to request a trade,” reporter Mitch Cleary said on Channel 7’s Talking Finals on Tuesday night. “Rival clubs are often a good gauge when it comes to the market for rival players. Sydney is the strong word out of the opposition clubs that are leading the race at this stage ahead of Essendon and Hawthorn.“Port Adelaide had shown a bit of interest, but I think they’re further down the path with Esava Ratugolea and a player like Brandon Zerk-Thatcher at the Bombers.”

Lol pick 3 for Mackay would be such a rort

Didn't our captain get dropped for Williams just this year?

lol what?

Jonas should have been dropped years before he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trengove wasn’t dropped for another younger tall, he was pushed out so we could pick a smaller more mobile player

Jonas should have been dropped years before he did.
Trengove lost his spot in the team to Marshall, not to any other small. In fact, it's arguable that this swap was one of the biggest factors in our 2017 EF loss.

Point on Jonas is irrelevant - it's still a case of a senior player being dropped for a kid, which you claimed never happens under Hinkley.

Other examples: Hartlett was (repeatedly) dropped in favour of Bergman. Lycett has been dropped a number of times (Ladhams in 2019/2020) and Teakle/Vis this year. Rockliff dropped for Drew. Westhoff (one of Hinkley's personal favs) dropped for a long stretch in 2020.

Simon Goodwin on Ports meeting with Grundy.

"No issue from my end. We are a mature industry now. There is probably 50 players meeting with different clubs this time of year. Grundy is a professional footballer, he knows he's got a 4 year contract and he'll keep pushing this year to play finals footy."

Simon Goodwin on Ports meeting with Grundy.

"No issue from my end. We are a mature industry now. There is probably 50 players meeting with different clubs this time of year. Grundy is a professional footballer, he knows he's got a 4 year contract and he'll keep pushing this year to play finals footy."

His past tense comment on Brodie was interesting:

“He has really loved the Melbourne Football Club.”

Trengove lost his spot in the team to Marshall, not to any other small. In fact, it's arguable that this swap was one of the biggest factors in our 2017 EF loss.

Point on Jonas is irrelevant - it's still a case of a senior player being dropped for a kid, which you claimed never happens under Hinkley.

Other examples: Hartlett was (repeatedly) dropped in favour of Bergman. Lycett has been dropped a number of times (Ladhams in 2019/2020) and Teakle/Vis this year. Rockliff dropped for Drew. Westhoff (one of Hinkley's personal favs) dropped for a long stretch in 2020.

Lol no he didn’t.

Trengove was our chb, and lost his spot in the backline to smaller more mobile players.

He didn’t lose his spot to a developing tall. He was ousted as we liked smaller more mobile backmen. I can’t recall who it was but around that same time we had brought in hombsch from gws who had already developed there.

He then was a patch job man playing 2nd ruck / forward.

He didn’t lose his spot to Marshall either. Trengove played 19 games that season, before requesting a trade to the dogs. Todd played 10 and Dixon played 9. Our entire kf contingent. Trengove played the most out of any of them. We played a famously ridiculed small forward line of Neade and gray that year and suffered for it.

Trengove didn’t make way for a developing tall. He requested a trade to go back to vic to a club that would play him in the position he wanted to play.

Even the time Trengove was dropped in a final it was to bring In jarman impey, a small flanker. And boy did that backfire.

Made way for a developing tall my ass hahaha.

Marshall was competing with Neade gray and other smalls for a spot that year.

"Can we have a pick in the top 20 for BZT?"
"No"
I can understand the tough talk around Grundy, he's contracted so Melbourne can at least pretend they want to keep him, but Geelong and Essendon acting like they hold the cards on an uncontracted Rat and BZT is a laugh. Take whatever we're kind enough to offer you or get nothing and send them to the PSD ya campaigners.

I can understand the tough talk around Grundy, he's contracted so Melbourne can at least pretend they want to keep him, but Geelong and Essendon acting like they hold the cards on an uncontracted Rat and BZT is a laugh. Take whatever we're kind enough to offer you or get nothing and send them to the PSD ya campaigners.
Vic clubs don’t like it when the shoes on the other foot I am shocked to be writing it….

Vic Bias BS

We developed BZT to a point where he could hold Jesse Hogan to 9 goals!

Ratugolea, ZT and Grundy has been a very public pursuit by Port. How open we have been about it is a topic in itself.

In the past clubs denied these sorts of pursuits until the trade was all but done. Of course, you still don’t talk openly about snagging opposition players while the season is still going but there has been a big shift:

• meeting with a player you might play against in a final a few days before the finals begin
  • having your captain retire in August and his replacement declare he wants to be traded to Port in the first week of September
  • Grundy’s coach stating that he can talk to Port because we are all grown ups and it’s a mature industry
  • Port’s ruckmen knowing before the season ends that the club is looking elsewhere for its future

The industry might be mature, but the supporter bases aren’t- at least the supporters are still playing catch up. So we will get some coaches making public statements about not letting players go and wanting the world in return but it seems this is just a pantomime to appease the fans. It seems, deals like this are already 90% in place.

Chris Davies is one of the least arrogant people going around. He does not like to rock the boat- he likes to quietly get the job done. That gives me confidence that he is pretty confident that we can make these deals happen despite having a draft hand that would not satisfy the Melbourne, Geelong or Essendon fan base even if all our picks were packaged together for their one player.

I’d class 2/3 as a win here but I am starting to believe all three is somehow possible. God knows how.

Lol no he didn’t.

Trengove was our chb, and lost his spot in the backline to smaller more mobile players.

He didn’t lose his spot to a developing tall. He was ousted as we liked smaller more mobile backmen. I can’t recall who it was but around that same time we had brought in hombsch from gws who had already developed there.

He then was a patch job man playing 2nd ruck / forward.

He didn’t lose his spot to Marshall either. Trengove played 19 games that season, before requesting a trade to the dogs. Todd played 10 and Dixon played 9. Our entire kf contingent. Trengove played the most out of any of them. We played a famously ridiculed small forward line of Neade and gray that year and suffered for it.

Trengove didn’t make way for a developing tall. He requested a trade to go back to vic to a club that would play him in the position he wanted to play.

Even the time Trengove was dropped in a final it was to bring In jarman impey, a small flanker. And boy did that backfire.

Made way for a developing tall my ass hahaha.

Marshall was competing with Neade gray and other smalls for a spot that year.
Dude that’s a real long winded way of saying “I have no recollection what happened in 2017”

Trengove lost his spot as a KPD in 2016 when he was forced to ruck due to Ryders suspension. Played all 2017 as a fwd/ruck. He was dropped to give games to Marshall.

Dude that’s a real long winded way of saying “I have no recollection what happened in 2017”

Trengove lost his spot as a KPD in 2016 when he was forced to ruck due to Ryders suspension. Played all 2017 as a fwd/ruck. He was dropped to give games to Marshall.

You’re factually incorrect

1. Trengove played 19 games in 2017 so let’s not pretend he didn’t play heaps. Todd played 3 games (think I accidentally said 10 earlier).

Trengove played almost all year

2. Trengoves last game was in round 20. Todd didn’t play until round 22, so explain how the **** Trengove was dropped for a developing tall when we didn’t pick that tall when Trengove went out?

3. Trengove was headed to the bulldogs as a free agent that off-season and it came out , gee what a coincidence, right about the time he went out of the team.

4. We didn’t even pick 3 kfs that year. Not really.

We kinda started off with 3, until we dropped eddy after round 3, then persisted with 2 until after round 20 when Hinkley dropped Trengove and we rolled with a single kf for a cpl of matches before bringing Todd into the side.

We could have, and should have , been playing 3 of Dixon Trengove eddy and Marshall all season. But Hinkley favoured smalls forward.

Hinkley dropping Trengove was absolutely not a case of him dropping a senior player to develop a tall.

There’s no way you can pass off dropping a player who’s just signed for another club, in an era Hinkley was going small up forward and a young kf who got 3 games was only brought in 2 weeks after said tall was dropped, was Hinkley dropping a senior tall to develop a younger tall…

There’s just no reality where 2+2 = 7 here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back