Lloyd done hammy again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Played across half back and in the middle a bit. I thought he was quite good. Nice skills. Cale Hooker played alright too. Looked to struggle for fitness a bit and made a couple of little mistakes but will be O.K.

As its been stated on here Bachar was brilliant, as was Stanton. Liked some of the stuff Leroy did as well as Davey. Andrew Lee tried hard all day.

Jobe who would you give your 3-2-1 to today?

Mine was

3. Stanton
2. Houli
1. Nash

As i was watching him carve it up i was thinking to myself "I wonder how long it is going to be before opposition supporters start to rate this guy". I can see him having a breakout breakout season this year if you know what i mean....

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. He has been underrated for the past two seasons by opposotion supporters.

3. Stanton
2. Houli
1. Mcveigh

Also liked the game of Reimers. Got in a bit of a tussle with Lucas. He is hard as nails. Hoping it was precautionary, but Pears was icing the top of his hamstring in the last quater and the doc was working quite a bit on Myers groin. In saying that they didnt look too worried.

any word on Johns and Rama?

Johns played at full forward and was pretty good in the first half. Hasnt done a full preseason so he dropped off but liked what I saw. Rama was also very good. It was blowin a Benny Gale out there today and Rama's skills in the wind where sensational. Played in the backiline and was very good.

I was at the Essendon Intra-club game today and heres my outlook for everyone:

Firstly Lloyd, Lovett, Winderlich, Ryder, Daniher, Neagle, Watson, Gumbleton and Hislop didn't play today. (There might be others that didn't either)

It started off with RED vs BLACK, on the RED team it was mainly Bendigo players with Myers, Houli, Reimers and more. On the BLACK team it was mainly Essendon players with Lucas, Stanton, McVeigh, Johnson and more. (can't Remember exactly who was on what team.)

Today's game was pretty much Matty Knights trying out some plays and some tactics that might work in a game. The real dominaters of the game were Stanton, McVeigh, Mcphee, J.Johnson, R.Dyson, Houli, Jetta with Courtney Johns dominating up forward. Bachar Houli was the big standout for the RED team who did well the whole game and Myers had a pretty good game as well but didn't get much of the ball like most other key players on the Essendon team like Nash, Dempsey and Michael (All of them didn't get much more than 3 or 4 possessions). The ball was in the BLACKS forward line for the majority of the game and the BLACK team dominated the whole game and ended up winning by over 120 points. To me the most surprising players were Dyson, Johns and Lee. The three that were said to be delisted last year were some of the best players on ground. Dyson had a great game in which he split the pack on several occasions and hadn't made any mistakes or bad decisions for the whole game. Johns had a great game up forward kicking about 3 or 4 goals for the day and he definitely had his kicking boot on because I don't think he missed one. Lee had a pretty good game as well, he played on many guys like Fletcher, Johns, Lucas, Hill and Laycock. He played very well on his opponents and didn't give his opposition many chances at all.

BLACKS top 5:

Stanton
Mcveigh
Johnson
Johns
Mcphee

REDS top 5:

Houli
Lee
Reimers
Chartres
Myers
(There were many Bendigo players that were great as well as the above)

I think the end score was around:

BLACKS (150)
REDS (28) < Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also in the first quarter Lucas and Reimers got in a punch on near the boundary line and it seemed pretty full on untill team mates broke it up.

Who was spotted around the ground:

*I had seen Dean Laidley on the sidelines studying the match through out the game.
*All Essendon Assistant Coaches were there like Campo, O'Donnel. I couldn't spot Ashley Prescott but I'm sure he was there.
*Lloyd was over the fence on the opposite side of the ground with Lovett enjoying the game and signing some fans merchandise.
** There were many people....

**I had taken my Camera to the game and have several photos that I'll upload on Big Footy sometime in the near future but you'll have to wait a bit.

I was at the Essendon Intra-club game today and heres my outlook for everyone:

Firstly Lloyd, Lovett, Winderlich, Ryder, Daniher, Neagle, Watson, Gumbleton and Hislop didn't play today. (There might be others that didn't either)

It started off with RED vs BLACK, on the RED team it was mainly Bendigo players with Myers, Houli, Reimers and more. On the BLACK team it was mainly Essendon players with Lucas, Stanton, McVeigh, Johnson and more. (can't Remember exactly who was on what team.)

Today's game was pretty much Matty Knights trying out some plays and some tactics that might work in a game. The real dominaters of the game were Stanton, McVeigh, Mcphee, J.Johnson, R.Dyson, Houli, Jetta with Courtney Johns dominating up forward. Bachar Houli was the big standout for the RED team who did well the whole game and Myers had a pretty good game as well
but didn't get much of the ball like most other key players on the Essendon team like Nash, Dempsey and Michael (All of them didn't get much more than 3 or 4 possessions).

The ball was in the BLACKS forward line for the majority of the game and the BLACK team dominated the whole game and ended up winning by over 120 points. To me the most surprising players were Dyson, Johns and Lee. The three that were said to be delisted last year were some of the best players on ground. Dyson had a great game in which he split the pack on several occasions and hadn't made any mistakes or bad decisions for the whole game. Johns had a great game up forward kicking about 3 or 4 goals for the day and he definitely had his kicking boot on because I don't think he missed one. Lee had a pretty good game as well, he played on many guys like Fletcher, Johns, Lucas, Hill and Laycock. He played very well on his opponents and didn't give his opposition many chances at all.

BLACKS top 5:

Stanton
Mcveigh
Johnson
Johns
Mcphee

REDS top 5:

Houli
Lee
Reimers
Chartres
Myers
(There were many Bendigo players that were great as well as the above)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to be picky,but if Danny was one of the best for the reds ( I take it he played in the backline) how could he have played so well when the blacks kicked so many goals?

Also,someone said Nash was near BOG and then somebody else says he hardly touched it...:confused:

As has happened on previous occasions,some people tend to over-rate their favorite players in practice matches...

I'm going to the Bomberland site to get the correct game report I think....:eek:

When Nash got the ball he used it well, it was just that he only got about 4 or 5 possessions for the whole game. Also Danny Chartres was playing every where for todays game and he did well all around the ground. Theres also the fact that I put Dnnny in the top five because I don't know half the players that were on the REDS team so I just put him there to improvise.

When Nash got the ball he used it well, it was just that he only got about 4 or 5 possessions for the whole game. Also Danny Chartres was playing every where for todays game and he did well all around the ground.
Theres also the fact that I put Dnnny in the top five because I don't know half the players that were on the REDS team so I just put him there to improvise.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm.....I see.

Great news to hear about Danny playing well. The Peel Thunder Colt looks like his going along nicely.

Nash's four or five touches must have been out of this world...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I cannot see the Windy Hill part of the Bombers board anymore due a disease I have incurred in a yellow card. Is it possible to post up a thread in the main page of our board about the intraclub game?
Regarding Lloyd it is disappointing to hear he is injured.
Great to hear that Houli, Dempsey, McVeigh etc played well. It is very exciting as they will be our midfielders for some time to come. Howd Hislop go? Riemers?

I missed the first 5 min and missed the last qtr, but Lloyd was not out there during that time, i believe he did not play yesterday at casey fields

When Nash got the ball he used it well, it was just that he only got about 4 or 5 possessions for the whole game. Also Danny Chartres was playing every where for todays game and he did well all around the ground.
Theres also the fact that I put Dnnny in the top five because I don't know half the players that were on the REDS team so I just put him there to improvise.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm.....I see.

Great news to hear about Danny playing well. The Peel Thunder Colt looks like his going along nicely.

Nash's four or five touches must have been out of this world...

Nash would have had 20+ disposals off half back and used every one of them brilliantly. Not many players managed this due to the extremely windy condidtions. I gave him one vote but as i said earlier any one of 8 playersa could have got the one.

When Nash got the ball he used it well, it was just that he only got about 4 or 5 possessions for the whole game. Also Danny Chartres was playing every where for todays game and he did well all around the ground. Theres also the fact that I put Dnnny in the top five because I don't know half the players that were on the REDS team so I just put him there to improvise.

I agree it was hard to pick good players from the red team as so many Bendigo players played but i disagree with Nash. He had 7-8 possesions in the 3rd qtr alone so not sure how this equates to 4-5 for the match. He had 20+ for the game and used every one of them well.

Monfries didn't kill it yesterday but he didn't struggle either.
exactly my point.

i would rather he absolutely struggle and make mistakes than rather just be a solid player.

he has too much talent to be just a solid player, he needs to be either really good or a frustrating dissapointment and someone we can use for tradebait.

Right now he's in the middle.

we've got enough solid players now with hocking, slattery, peverill, lovett-murray and in time hislop.

BTW I really think that no Lloyd means Johns develops as a player more. The year he showed alot of promise was when lloyd was out for the year. Same thing happened with Lucas. We can't have Lloyd and Johns in the same squad. Just a thought...

exactly my point.

i would rather he absolutely struggle and make mistakes than rather just be a solid player.

he has too much talent to be just a solid player, he needs to be either really good or a frustrating dissapointment and someone we can use for tradebait.

Right now he's in the middle.

we've got enough solid players now with hocking, slattery, peverill, lovett-murray and in time hislop.

BTW I really think that no Lloyd means Johns develops as a player more. The year he showed alot of promise was when lloyd was out for the year. Same thing happened with Lucas. We can't have Lloyd and Johns in the same squad. Just a thought...

Very strange logic from you.

It was an intra club hitout in which Monfries had plenty of the ball and got a good hitout. I think you are reading far too much into it.

Basically what you are saying is you want him to be a star or to be traded.

Give the guy a break.

I do agree with you on Johns though. People love to bag him out but i think he would be a really good player for alot of clubs in the competition. He played really well in the first half yesterday.

You could play Johns up at the Forward pocket with Lloyd, but Lloyd would probably be first prefference wouldn't he. Johns would be wanting to get the ball when it comes up forward and will probably get in the way of Lloyds path most the time.

I've realised that when Johns is our first preferenced guy up forward he has a really good game and he's unstoppable so to speak. I'd probably agree with GOLDEN BOY with this one and leave Johns out of the side but its just too hard to leave an almost fully developed player like johns out of our forward line, he could always play up at the half forward flank but usually we save that spot for up and coming players, Unless theres some sort of rotation policy in the forward line, I would have no Idea what to do with Johns apart from waiting till Lloyd retires and Johns can take over?

Thanks Sir J and Young Gun for those reports

Jimi was there greater merit in continuing with the schlacking than mixing the teams up. They would have expected a belting so to that extent what do you think was learned from the imbalance set up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd done hammy again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back