News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re looking for the next social cause they can tweet support to, to try and show how good a corporate citizen they are. Footy is an afterthought to them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You've solved the mystery. Eagles are historically bad because of woke

I was going to say… since Pyke’s last interview there’s been two horrid on-field performances with no new media. Chairman has been silent for quite some time (one may say that’s a good thing).

I’m sure all is under control 🙃

I wonder when they’ll feel the need to start emailing us to insist all is well?

You've solved the mystery. Eagles are historically bad because of woke
No, but being a successful on field football 1st club is no longer their priority. Hell it even says so in the bloody song "our club knows it's more than winning"....

If that's the club's attitude than pack it up. 99% of the supporter base would not care what social/political/environmental stance the club takes, to the supporters all they care about is the club being competitive and winning games/preimerships...

That's the great thing about footy clubs, they bring together all sorts of differing backgrounds of people because of their love for the game and the club. Not what high horse the club feels the need to stand on

I wonder when they’ll feel the need to start emailing us to insist all is well?

I’m not a member, so only see the communications when they are shared on here or on Facebook

On the subject of Facebook, the shift in sentiment has been pronounced when compared to a year ago and earlier. Not a happy lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The TK interview in the west is.. not great.

Some of the bits that just got me riled...

“We weren’t on, and we want to be much better than that. In order for us to be in games we need to start better, and the first quarter was very poor.

“We’ve got to look at that first quarter, the way we start – the mindset needed to be better. We’re on a journey and we have to keep working on it.”

A frustrated Kelly said the Eagles “clearly weren’t up for it from the jump”.

The club and players for the last week have been called lazy, not playing for their coach, couldn't give a rats and worse. The Coach backs them in to the hilt and they can't get up in the first quarter of the very next match?
Please.

No, but being a successful on field football 1st club is no longer their priority. Hell it even says so in the bloody song "our club knows it's more than winning"....

If that's the club's attitude than pack it up. 99% of the supporter base would not care what social/political/environmental stance the club takes, to the supporters all they care about is the club being competitive and winning games/preimerships...

That's the great thing about footy clubs, they bring together all sorts of differing backgrounds of people because of their love for the game and the club. Not what high horse the club feels the need to stand on
They are hardly the vanguard of social issues, mostly they just tag along with everyone else.

I think that TK interview was from post match. So far today, as of 3:30 there has been nothing. Silence.

Wait, I just saw the IGA goal of the round post.

Must be a quiet day for all concerned, very good 😆

We got the “five things we learned, three of them are that we tried really hard and the other two are that Melbourne are really good” article a couple of hours ago.

As a few have already stated the Sports Talk program on ABC from Saturday just gone is well worth a listen. Other than an interview with Joel Corey from Freo towards the start the majority of the program was on the woes of West Coast.

Can’t find a link but it is available on the ABC Listen app.

Interesting stuff from Wellingham in particular. Especially when he mentions that a 1990’s premiership player he was speaking to said that the current board is ordinary and has too much business focus and not enough football IP.
That's BC the football aspect has always taken care of itself. We rarely missed finals in 30yrs.

The board got spooked by Norths offer to simmo to be coach. Simmo leveraged their offer and here we are.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Club has gone completely silent on social media since the game. Just checked Twitter, Facebook, Insta. Nothing since the final score and clip of the post-match presser.

Wonder if something’s going down?
Apart from 'the five things we learned' which they really should stop considering it's oxymoronic.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think whatever any of the players say between now and the next game will be dismissed as just more talk/no action. The Hawthorn loss has lit a fuse under a large section of the fan base and nothing short of Simpson’s head on a spike will appease them

Might as well just say nothing

The only response of any note is what happens on field and who knows when that comes. If at all

I think whatever any of the players say between now and the next game will be dismissed as just more talk/no action. The Hawthorn loss has lit a fuse under a large section of the fan base and nothing short of Simpson’s head on a spike will appease them

Might as well just say nothing

The only response of any note is what happens on field and who knows when that comes. If at all

That approach has the added bonus of fitting in perfectly with their habit of putting up the shutters and turning off the lights when things are bad.

The TK interview in the west is.. not great.

Some of the bits that just got me riled...

The club and players for the last week have been called lazy, not playing for their coach, couldn't give a rats and worse. The Coach backs them in to the hilt and they can't get up in the first quarter of the very next match?
Please.

'We have to be better than that' has been used after an Eagles loss about a million times over the last three years. And guess what? They don't get any better! I stopped paying attention to what these blokes say after games and during the week last year. It's just dribble to fulfil their forced media commitments. A load of crap.

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back