News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

The TK interview in the west is.. not great.

Some of the bits that just got me riled...

The club and players for the last week have been called lazy, not playing for their coach, couldn't give a rats and worse. The Coach backs them in to the hilt and they can't get up in the first quarter of the very next match?
Please.
The West doesn't interview anyone, they go to press conferences. The articles are taken from other interviews and press conferences.

Rubbish newspaper

Probably for the best. If I have to hear one more 'We the players are behind Simmo' 'We need to be better/own it' 'We're hurting' one more time I'm gonna spew. Three years of that hot air and nothing gets ratified. AS EVIDENCE by what we see on the field every week.

Anyone has a copy of The West - 7 potential targets to replace Simpson?
  • Dean Cox
  • Jarrod Schofield
  • Jaymie Graham
  • Ashley Hansen
  • Chris Scott
  • Nathan Buckley
  • Matthew Knights

Anyone has a copy of The West - 7 potential targets to replace Simpson?

Cox
Schofield
Graham
Hansen
C.Scott
Buckley
Knights

Thought they might have just scoured this thread for content until they named Knights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four-time premiership star Luke Hodge slams West Coast players amid reported unrest with Adam Simpson​

Leadership post Hurn has been absolute shite. Unfortunately we've had the worst Captain in our entire existence in this regard but few like to admit the reality. The way leadership and selection works is a combination of playing group and coach (club) empowerment. The groups selections are influenced by head coach behavior, treatment, attitude toward and empowerment of, individuals within the group.

Simmo has been incompetent in the area of real football leadership identification and has continually empowered the wrong individuals once the leaders elected before his tenure start retired. He didnt understand Hurn as Captain and admitted he didn't get it. He slowly sort of worked it out but the DNA within him didn't change. He remained the same guy whom pushed for Harvey to take over captaincy of North (not a football captains arseh*le) and empowered Luke and others whom were never real football leaders. Thankfully others have now stepped in to try and address the late realization of this shortcoming. Hopefully it's not too ingrained to be a lingering continual presence within the group but making Luke part of the coaching group was yet another error in this regard IMHO.

Last edited:
Just got done watching 360 talk about Simmo and Gerards launching point to this failure was exactly mine. The Richmond game on Sunday night under lights at Optus in 2021, the Josh Kennedy goal in the dying minutes to pip them by 4 points. Went to the bye the next week and we never returned. 10 wins from 60 games.

Christ I would love to know what the hell happened in that bye week. A cratering of epic proportions.

Just got done watching 360 talk about Simmo and Gerards launching point to this failure was exactly mine. The Richmond game on Sunday night under lights at Optus in 2021, the Josh Kennedy goal in the dying minutes to pip them by 4 points. Went to the bye the next week and we never returned. 10 wins from 60 games.

Christ I would love to know what the hell happened in that bye week. A cratering of epic proportions.

It wasn’t the bye week.. it was selections after the bye week, Harry Edwards got dropped after playing his best game so far, Luke foley got dropped after his best game and Luke Edwards played through the middle of the ground and got 27 touches 11 in the last quarter and was benched for the next game as the credits crew started coming back into the side off injury

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It wasn’t the bye week.. it was selections after the bye week, Harry Edwards got dropped after playing his best game so far, Luke foley got dropped after his best game and Luke Edwards played through the middle of the ground and got 27 touches 11 in the last quarter and was benched for the next game as the credits crew started coming back into the side off injury

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez I had some excitement for Luke Edwards after that Richmond game, looked like he had played for 10years, thought we’d picked up an absolute steal I remember crows fans were seething. Has looked no where near it since.

Geez I had some excitement for Luke Edwards after that Richmond game, looked like he had played for 10years, thought we’d picked up an absolute steal I remember crows fans were seething. Has looked no where near it since.

Exactly the same. Just had time and looked at home. For whatever reason hasn't been able to get near it since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back