Review Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

very unlucky with the umps and the indiscipline of your players. Nic Nat was huge in this game and will leanr from his mistake on leaving Goldy in the forward 50 goal square. Another trade for a Kelly type will sure up a GF in no time. Heads up Eagles

Time for a refresh for both of our clubs sir!

Yep I'm done with Simmo.

We're in a three-year backward slide that is bordering on free-fall now.

Each of these losses is worse than the last because you think we'd learn or change a thing or two after each of them. The cavalry arriving has somehow made us worse, not better, and we can no longer attribute that to fitness levels.

We have a team with maybe the strongest 22 in the competition on paper and a boatload of experience, and yet we look like missing finals, playing gutless, unattractive football. The culprits have been the effort and intensity of our players and the gameplan we're using, the responsibility for which ultimately rests at the foot of the coach.

The weekly mantra of "our effort and consistency needs to improve and we will be having honest internal discussions" is laughable at this point.

I'm not usually a proponent of "change for the sake of change", but we are crying out for new ideas and messaging.

IMG_5196.JPG
0f819c101d95db3f0849031db582971e.jpg
5b9f8fe80abd8172dddc606773fad5d4.jpg

That is just not acceptable from anyone.

Hope we make finals. It’s always worth making finals, it’s experience that is always beneficial. But we’re making up numbers in a shameful shameful way.

I always respect how composed and level headed you are Badger but i flat out disagree with your statement this time.

Making finals will allow some to deflect and still call it a successful year when it's been anything but.

Everyone and i mean everyone from Nisbett down should be under review and maybe this disastrous fall from grace is what's needed to make some hard calls.

We should be looking to the future and playing some kids but until we are out of contention for this year we will not. Time to be proactive, this year is done.

Not to mention we could certainly use some good draft picks for next year.

Fox footy just showed the McGovern - Yeo argument….

Didnt look at all good for mr 1.2 million.

I didn`t mind that Gov allowed Yeo to man the mark , which would have allowed Gov to be a intercepter ,Yeo was carrying on like a ****ing sook ..

Very sad and deflating. The disturbing thing is that we still have another 5 games and whilst we are in “contention” for the Top 8, I can’t see any wholesale changes being made nor any tangible short term fixes.
A complete and total review of everything - football department, coaching panel, game plan, structures, fitness etc is required. Time for our “management” to wake up.

very unlucky with the umps and the indiscipline of your players. Nic Nat was huge in this game and will leanr from his mistake on leaving Goldy in the forward 50 goal square. Another trade for a Kelly type will sure up a GF in no time. Heads up Eagles
I like this because despite the normal looking text I can actually see the sarcasm dripping off each word.
Well played sir đź‘Ź

The umpiring was disgusting - especially maggot Margetts - and probably cost the game but to lose to the last team or even be close is just appalling. Can all turn to ***t pretty quickly. Cannot see us winning another game this year - possibly Adelaide - but I wouldn’t put anything on it, Adelaide are a crap team but so are we.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players are pissed that Tim Kelly gets paid so much for so little... and gaff.... and McGovern

Imagine those useless fu**s earning 4x your match payment for weak performance after weak performance.

Septic is dead right.... those blokes ******* stink

Dynasties are built on players taking unders.

Anyone know of a WC player sacrificing $ for success?

Coupled with a touchy-feely coach, we now have this mess.

Players are pissed that Tim Kelly gets paid so much for so little... and gaff.... and McGovern

Imagine those useless fu**s earning 4x your match payment for weak performance after weak performance.

Septic is dead right.... those blokes ******* stink
To think WC went to all of that trouble to get Kelly and what has he delivered...... nothing taking money for nothing he is way overweight :madv1:

The only team in AFL that relies heavily on weather conditions to execute their game plan and goes 180 when there is a slight wind. Whoever came up with this game plan needs an uppercut for failing to take into consideration wet conditions. We cannot play in the wet and we still somehow persist on trying to do pitch-perfect kicks. either our players are A grade stupid or our coaches and the head coach is an A grade stupid or perhaps a combination of both.

Time to give the coach timeline to either fix the game plan or clear your locker and hand over the keys. LOL losing to Kangas( even though they have improved) at home is non-negotiable. I think it is time to go Mr Simmo and his crew. bring in, Clarkson. LOL can you imagine softies like sheed and GOV playing under Clarcko?? straight to WAFL stay there until further notice. Ryan will be punished too. He seems disinterested.

Ah well. I’ve come to terms with us not being very good. After that, hopefully the coaches have too, and they seriously analyse why that is because we seemingly have the talent.

You're only as good as your last game. You can only beat who is in front of you. Etc.

Well we've now lost, at home, to the team that was 3 games clear on the bottom. That should give some indication of how we are really travelling.

The only new thing I saw tonight was kicking 2.10 to start the game. We coasted through games earlier in the year kicking 10.2 in a decent quarter or so of momentum and then letting teams control the game. Missed tackles, dumb decisions, no awareness, dry weather tactics. Same old basic stuff that it's become boring to talk about.

I don't know if Darling is injured but he is a liability. Got in Kennedy's way, didn't time his leads, applied no pressure at ground level.

Nice attempt but I can see what you did there. Maybe we can battle for the spoon next year

Yep I'm done with Simmo.

We're in a three-year backward slide that is bordering on free-fall now.

Each of these losses is worse than the last because you think we'd learn or change a thing or two after each of them. The cavalry arriving has somehow made us worse, not better, and we can no longer attribute that to fitness levels.

We have a team with maybe the strongest 22 in the competition on paper and a boatload of experience, and yet we look like missing finals, playing gutless, unattractive football. The culprits have been the effort and intensity of our players and the gameplan we're using, the responsibility for which ultimately rests at the foot of the coach.

The weekly mantra of "our effort and consistency needs to improve and we will be having honest internal discussions" is laughable at this point.

I'm not usually a proponent of "change for the sake of change", but we are crying out for new ideas and messaging.
The 3rd of 4th question in Simpson's mid-week press conference was hinting at how ridiculous it is that effort keeps coming up for these elite sportsmen.
I wonder if we'll get his 'our best is as good as anyone's best' tonight.

I always respect how composed and level headed you are Badger but i flat out disagree with your statement this time.

Making finals will allow some to deflect and still call it a successful year when it's been anything but.

Everyone and i mean everyone from Nisbett down should be under review and maybe this disastrous fall from grace is what's needed to make some hard calls.

We should be looking to the future and playing some kids but until we are out of contention for this year we will not. Time to be proactive, this year is done.

Not to mention we could certainly use some good draft picks for next year.
You never know what the future holds and I maintain that the 2017 finals campaign, when we were clearly making up numbers like we are now, helped the club invaluably through 2018.

Making a final to me is always worth it. I don’t think anything will make the season a success now. It’s just a matter of how much of a failure it is.

We won’t make the finals with this current effort or selection so in my mind making the finals and playing the kids don’t need to be mutually exclusive.

Dynasties are built on players taking unders.

Anyone know of a WC player sacrificing $ for success?

Coupled with a touchy-feely coach, we now have this mess.
Weird criticism, loads of players took less to fit in Kelly and took non mandated paycuts again during Covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back