Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan had more tackles and contested possessions today LOL.

His squib against a one armed Sicily was one that he would probably like to take back. Going to be ugly viewing when he reviews the game.

Still a gun of the highest order and would love him at the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness to Nick, Maginness was wearing him like a glove all night. Tough to have a massive influence on the game while also fighting through a hard tag.
Maginness has taken tagging to such a level that Nicky was moved to full forward to avoid it despite Finn being the medical sub up until 3 qtr time :tearsofjoy:

Gone Critical Fadge

Let me guess... Nicky in the votes again?
Nope. As I have said about the last few weeks, I wouldn't have given him any votes in the coaches award. I wouldn't quibble with either Scott or McRae having given him 2 in the Ess match but if I was voting I wouldn't have given him any. Tonight no way. I know you know Fly gave him the votes v Essendon even if no one else does.

I try to be as unbiased as I can with this thread. Nick has dropped off considerably the last 3 weeks. Its part of the ongoing assessment. Does the last 3 weeks diminish what he has done so far, a little bit. He has to learn to deal with the more physicality he is getting. He has 3 elite pieces of play today but thats not enough for what I want him to be. I know you will be very happy.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if cuddles macrae wrangles a vote or two for Nicky this week.

It kind of ruins the coaches vote award if one coach is heavily biased towards their own players. The entire award sort of relies on impartiality and the coaches being fair with their votes.

It kind of ruins the coaches vote award if one coach is heavily biased towards their own players. The entire award sort of relies on impartiality and the coaches being fair with their votes.
So is that Cripps you are talking about who has much more variation in voting from one coach to the other? If so I think you are wrong. Cripps is a gun and deserves his votes

Hawthorn had the best half dozen players on the ground by a fair stretch. There will not be 1 Collingwood player attracting a vote and if there is, then the award is a scam of the highest order and fully deserves a big fat asterisk against it

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back