Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"I'm predicting it is a matter of when, not if, we're anointing Nick Daicos as the AFL GOAT"

Reading the fine print helps
Really. We have all read that. Fadge may agree ,but I see that as over the top but done with enthusiasm of a supporter watching an emerging star.

The real question asked, and I think you know this despite your persistent desire to muddy the waters with the above quote, is "Can he be the GOAT". That should be the guts of the discussion. If you are not interested in that chat, maybe stop stirring the thread.

Would u agree that Curnow cops far more opposition attention than Nick most weeks?
I would. I would also go as far as saying Curnow, at this stage, is probably the most valuable player to his team in the comp. He is a gun.

I would. I would also go as far as saying Curnow, at this stage, is probably the most valuable player to his team in the comp. He is a gun.
Really?

We saw McKay miss on Friday night and Carlton were completely outclassed by Port Adelaide.

Their list is so fickle that if any of Cripps, Curnow, McKay or Weitering miss, they are in big strife.

Really. We have all read that. Fadge may agree ,but I see that as over the top but done with enthusiasm of a supporter watching an emerging star.

The real question asked, and I think you know this despite your persistent desire to muddy the waters with the above quote, is "Can he be the GOAT". That should be the guts of the discussion. If you are not interested in that chat, maybe stop stirring the thread.

Can he be the GOAT, is a better discussion point

Anything is possible and I really do love watching young players reaching their best version, every young player

At this point, I believe none of the players currently in the system will be in true GOAT conversations

There is no Buddy, no Carey, and certainly no GAS or Mathews

Really?

We saw McKay miss on Friday night and Carlton were completely outclassed by Port Adelaide.

Their list is so fickle that if any of Cripps, Curnow, McKay or Weitering miss, they are in big strife.
Nobody wants to talk about Marshall missing for port, but it's all about McKay.

Whole bunch of whinging from commentators about Carlton losing but no recognition for Port''s game

Nobody wants to talk about Marshall missing for port, but it's all about McKay.

Whole bunch of whinging from commentators about Carlton losing but no recognition for Port''s game
Indeed.

Port were great.

But if Carlton think they're going to contend, they need to be beating Port in Melbourne, with or without Harry.

Can he be the GOAT, is a better discussion point

Anything is possible and I really do love watching young players reaching their best version, every young player

At this point, I believe none of the players currently in the system will be in true GOAT conversations

There is no Buddy, no Carey, and certainly no GAS or Mathews
So why not discuss that. It is the question asked in the title

I agree it will be hard for anyone to reach the level of Matthews, Lockett and Carey who are the best 3 I have seen. GAS was spectacular but he wasnt as good as the other 3.

Its a different game and no KPF, even Buddy, will get the chance to dominate like days of old when footy was territorial and positional. Can he be as great as the all time Carlton greats would be something worth pondering for the Carlton posters here. I would put Big Nick, Sticks, Doull, Jezza, Diesel and SOS on that list. I think he will give them all a run. Fair chance he will be eventually talked about at that level.

He is easily the best kid I have seen at Collingwood if you take Greenings shortened career out. I think some of what you are missing is Collingwood posters are seeing him as out likely GOAT, and we have been a bit starved over time for all time greats, so that kicks off the discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're finally acknowledging he's the best and most valuable player in the competition?

About time.
Huh? He's the best player on a bottom 8 team. Ur on ur way to spoon territory as it is.

Bontempelli is still the best player in the comp imo after Heeney's drop off the last 2 months. Nicky not even close to the top for me after his month of being exposed by opposition attention.

Guess who will surpassed Goatie at the same age
Again Sheezel is a gun. Along with Daicos we havent seen a kid be so good so early for a long time. You are voting Sheezel as better and I think that is very reasonable. They are close. But keep using this tactic as a means to disrupt discussion lends itself to accusations of trolling.

Huh? He's the best player on a bottom 8 team. Ur on ur way to spoon territory as it is.

Bontempelli is still the best player in the comp imo after Heeney's drop off the last 2 months. Nicky not even close to the top for me after his month of being exposed by opposition attention.
Coaches disagree.

I'll take their opinion over yours.

Thanks.

(And the fact you had Heeney as the best player in the comp based on two months of elite form after never being in the top 20 in a 10 year career says a fair bit about your judgement).

I feel sorry for you. I can't imagine watching a WCE or Nth game looking to slag off Harley Reid or Sheezel. I love watching them play. Particularly sad when the best you can come up with is the best kick in the team claiming an out of bounds on the full when he wasn't closest.
A very sad person indeed. Needs to get a life

Coaches disagree.

I'll take their opinion over yours.

Thanks.

(And the fact you had Heeney as the best player in the comp based on two months of elite form after never being in the top 20 in a 10 year career says a fair bit about your judgement).
But last week when Cripps was leading Nicky in the coaches votes that didn't equal him being better?

Tying urself in knots Fadge. As always...

So why not discuss that. It is the question asked in the title
I think it's important to read every word in the OP, we know what the author intended

I agree it will be hard for anyone to reach the level of Matthews, Lockett and Carey who are the best 3 I have seen. GAS was spectacular but he wasnt as good as the other 3.
GAS probably had the most natural talent of all those, but we all know the reasons why he wasn't as dedicated

Its a different game and no KPF, even Buddy, will get the chance to dominate like days of old when footy was territorial and positional.
I agree, but you can only judge each phase at any one time

Can he be as great as the all time Carlton greats would be something worth pondering for the Carlton posters here. I would put Big Nick, Sticks, Doull, Jezza, Diesel and SOS on that list. I think he will give them all a run. Fair chance he will be eventually talked about at that level.
Doull was a freak, in today's game he would have transitioned into a tall midfielder

Sure, he might reach those levels, but a long way off despite the good start

He is easily the best kid I have seen at Collingwood if you take Greenings shortened career out.
Was all class

I think some of what you are missing is Collingwood posters are seeing him as out likely GOAT, and we have been a bit starved over time for all time greats, so that kicks off the discussion.
I get the sentiment for Pie supporters, exciting talent and hopefully he continues to evolve as a player

But last week when Cripps was leading Nicky in the coaches votes that didn't equal him being better?

Tying urself in knots Fadge. As always...
I never said that meant he was the best player in the comp, I simply made a statement he'd be leading.

You're the one who jumped to that conclusion.

You had me rolling on the floor in laughter when you said Acres.

But then you added Williams (who is perennially injured) and Docherty (who you're not getting back), and I am laughing hysterically...
Hmmm only a few weeks ago Adam Kingsley mentioned how Acres is in his opinion the best wingman in the league... What was that about taking coaches opinion over posters on Bigfooty again???

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back