Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious ??

This is seriously getting embarrassing now Walshy.

Cripps wasn’t a clear BOG, Daicos played a great game.
Walshy knows this, as shown by his posts on the punting board

Old mate is trying to make up some phony agenda for god knows what reason

Good lord

If Carlton were 32 down then obviously Cripps was no good and has no business polling 5 votes from either coach then, by your logic

"From a neutral observer" doesn't mean anything, bro.
Take off the rose coloured glasses. Diacos is an extremely talented young player. He wasn't worth 5 votes. By his loft standards he had an ok game, its ok tho, it does happen.
Pendles, Cameron way better on the night. McCreey's game well underrated, Moore beat Curnow convincely. Diacos wasnt worth 5 votes. But hey thats MY opinion, you can have yours.

Take off the rose coloured glasses. Diacos is an extremely talented young player. He wasn't worth 5 votes. By his loft standards he had an ok game, its ok tho, it does happen.
Pendles, Cameron way better on the night. McCreey's game well underrated, Moore beat Curnow convincely. Diacos wasnt worth 5 votes. But hey thats MY opinion, you can have yours.
That's everyone's opinion bar Pies nuffs and Fly

He had a perfectly fine game, clearly in the top 5 on the ground. He was awesome in the first half, and solid in the second and importantly stood up with some good touches in the last 5 minutes when the game was in the balance. By not giving him a vote at all, Voss has poorly missed the mark

Voss seriously gave 0 votes to Daicos on Saturday night? This is extremely concerning, and affecting the overall legitimacy of an important award, as he is skewing votes unfairly to favour his own player who is trying to jump Daicos
It certainly is concerning. McRae set aside any bias by giving Cripps 4 votes. Yet Voss made the ridiculous decision to award Daicos zero votes, when Nick clearly played an excellent game. Very small minded and petty by Voss. Making a farce of the coaches award.

Last edited:
He had a perfectly fine game, clearly in the top 5 on the ground. He was awesome in the first half, and solid in the second and importantly stood up with some good touches in the last 5 minutes when the game was in the balance. By not giving him a vote at all, Voss has poorly missed the mark
He had 6 touches at 33% in the 2nd quarter... Solid??? 😂😂😂😂

Explain it to me... 2 effective disposals for a quarter is solid? Make it make sense
I said awesome in the first half, solid in the second. 16 touches, 1 goal, 1 assist, 5 intercepts, 4 clearances, 9 CP's. 267 metres gained

If that's not an awesome half for any other player then Nick really must be the GOAT

Regarding his efficiency as often referenced, compared to Cripps' - both had 7 turnovers for the game despite Nick regularly taking riskier kicks to try and create opportunities for running players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said awesome in the first half, solid in the second. 16 touches, 1 goal, 1 assist, 5 intercepts, 4 clearances, 9 CP's. 267 metres gained

If that's not an awesome half for any other player then Nick really must be the GOAT

Regarding his efficiency as often referenced, compared to Cripps' - both had 7 turnovers for the game despite Nick regularly taking riskier kicks to try and create opportunities for running players.
Nicky had worse DE% than Crippa in a game where Long was tagging Cripps for most of it... Lol 5 votes!!!

You, me, Fly, Voss, the AFL and the fans all know its true, you Pies fans should all just admit that Fly has been giving Nicky charity votes all year in games he's been poor in. Not the first time it's been noted, from memory he had a game where he went at 30% for the whole game and Flybagger still found a way to sneak him in... It's embarrassing.

Nicky had worse DE% than Crippa in a game where Long was tagging Cripps for most of it... Lol 5 votes!!!

You, me, Fly, Voss, the AFL and the fans all know its true, you Pies fans should all just admit that Fly has been giving Nicky charity votes all year in games he's been poor in. Not the first time it's been noted, from memory he had a game where he went at 30% for the whole game and Flybagger still found a way to sneak him in... It's embarrassing.
In fairness, Long couldn't tag me. Crippa's eyes would have lit up!!!

This is weird Walshy. This is not what you were saying on the punting board. Why is your agenda changing based on the thread? If you want to troll, that’s fine but there’s a dedicated Carlton vs Collingwood banter thread already

Woweeee a glance at the Pies fans reactions to the Coaches Votes this week and even some of their own are saying Fly is taking the piss with his votes to get him across the line this year.

Disgraceful stuff

This is weird Walshy. This is not what you were saying on the punting board. Why is your agenda changing based on the thread? If you want to troll, that’s fine but there’s a dedicated Carlton vs Collingwood banter thread already
Not trolling, I could have accepted 1 or 2 votes from each coach. 5 votes from Fly is absolutely laughable

Not trolling, I could have accepted 1 or 2 votes from each coach. 5 votes from Fly is absolutely laughable
Well he polled 5 which is 2.5 from each coach. Much like on game days, McRae is one step ahead of Vossy and simply countering Michael’s dirty play

Cripps was getting tagged by Long you say. The same LOng that has played only a handful of games.
Is poor Patrick going to be ok.
Nick had Hewett and Cincotta all over him all night.
They would have put Walsh on him also but he would have lacked the heart to go with him.

Nick had a good start to the game, Cripps had a good end to the game, Pendles was consistent throughout.
The 3-2-1 on Brownlow night could go to 6 different players, depending on how the umpires saw it.

Why won’t Walshy own up to his blatant changing of agenda based on the thread? He was very convinced in a Brownlow thread that a Pie would poll 3 votes, and that Daicos would poll.

In this thread, Cripps was absolutely clearly best on and Nick wasn’t in the top handful of players. Make it make sense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back