Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think if Cripps wins a 2nd brownlow this year , that he is still behind Bont and Daicos , in your opinion ?
I'm tipping you won't waiver and nothing will change your opinion
We'll see what the consensus view is 'if' that happens. You might finally see or read someone promoting Cripps as the best player in the comp. Let's see how he goes in finals too.

What if Daicos wins the Brownlow? Will you change your view?

So let me get this straight... If Cripps wins the Brownlow, potentially wins the AFLCA too... That means Nicky is the best player in the comp?

You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

So let me get this straight... If Cripps wins the Brownlow, potentially wins the AFLCA too... That means Nicky is the best player in the comp?

You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
It really is quite simple.

Currently the consensus view is Bont and Daicos the top 2.

IF Cripps happens to finish the year strongly (regardless of what awards he wins or doesn't win) and that consensus view changes, we'll hear and read all about it.

IF Cripps happens to finish the year strongly (regardless of what awards he wins or doesn't win) and that consensus view changes, we'll hear and read all about it.
I think you need to look up the meaning of "consensus". Clearly there isn't one if you are debating the topic.

Do you think Cooney and Priddis were regarded as better players than GAJ, Buddy and Judd courtesy of their Brownlow Medals?

I don't.
Aside from the fact Priddis and Cooney were roughies not Brownlow favourites, also they are not multiple winners ( Buddy being a forward can’t be assessed by Brownlows) so I don’t think anyone does

The betting odds are a consensus view on the best season on a 321 criteria. Most predictors have Patty 4 votes clear

Consensus according to who? Right now the coaches and likely umpires don't agree with ur 'opinion'

Aside from the fact Priddis and Cooney were roughies not Brownlow favourites, also they are not multiple winners ( Buddy being a forward can’t be assessed by Brownlows) so I don’t think anyone does

The betting odds are a consensus view on the best season on a 321 criteria. Most predictors have Patty 4 votes clear
Oh.

So betting odds are a reliable indicator now?

Best in a season does not equate to Best player in the competition.

Was Tom Mitchell regarded as the best player in the competition when he won his Brownlow. Or would that have been someone like Dustin Martin?

As I said, if the popular view is to anoint Cripps as the best player in the competition based on his career body of work, 'overtaking Bont and Daicos', we'll hear and read all about it at the time.

Until then, we've shared plenty of material in this thread where Bont and Daicos are the clear interchangeable #1 and #2.

Oh.

Was Tom Mitchell regarded as the best player in the competition when he won his Brownlow. Or would that have been someone like Dustin Martin?

As I said, if the popular view is to anoint Cripps as the best player in the competition based on his career body of work, 'overtaking Bont and Daicos', we'll hear and read all about it at the time.

Until then, we've shared plenty of material in this thread where Bont and Daicos are the clear interchangeable #1 and #2.
Daicos hasn’t even played a full season of top level football yet so it is a bit early
To anoint him as a top 2 player comp. Did have a nice string Of 4 or 5 games though

Oh.

Career body of work, or just right now?

I only ask because Nick doesn't have a career body of work (yet, but he's only multiple Brownlows, Norm Smiths, B&Fs and AAs away) to be in the conversation, and right now he's definitely not the best in the league.

/close thread

Interesting how narrative has changed, from, would have won every award known to man if he wasn't injured, to now a so called consensus whether he wins awards or not

The consensus from the start of this thread has never really changed, that he is a great young talent, but will likely never be a GOAT

Another interesting stat, Sheezel is 1 coaches vote away from matching goatie at the same age, in a side that is likely to finish bottom 2, rather than top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean, like in the past month when Nick has had some attention, and low and behold, his effectiveness is reduced, and the result is 4 points for the opposing team ?
I was ensured by Pies fans like Fadge that Nicky is untaggable??? A player like Cripps wouldn't know what a tag is though... Opposition teams only plan around stopping Nicky, most tagged player in the history of the game apparently.

There's a reason Daicos has more time spent planning for him, and receives more on field attention than any other player in the competition.

As a 21 year old in his 3rd season in the system.

Hawks did no planning for him on Saturday. None was needed. He did nothing all day except pop up for a goal long after the game was over.

I’m still waiting for that elusive contested mark.
Meanwhile, Cripps who is Brownlow favourite, 4 inches taller and 14 kg heavier, averages a whole 0.2 contested marks per game.

Other players to not have a contested mark this season include Zak Butters, Caleb Serong, Errol Gulden, Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson.

Yes, it really must be an important statistic.

Again, and it's not diminishing Nick in any way, but he has got no team mates taking votes of him. It's a 1 man show down at pie land. The gap between most votes at collingwood, to 2nd most will be ridiculous. Not his fault, but there ain't no Kerr, cousins and judd sharing the votes evenly each week. That stat is skewiff in my opinion
I wouldnt take that view but if you say he was a 1 man show down at Collingwood season 1 and 2 doesnt it make it even more amazing. I mean you are saying he carried us to a prelim and flag with little help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back