Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You will have to ask champion data how they come up with their algorithms I dont work there.
Please don't tell me you come up with Daicos being in top 2 because of some commentators said so?
In the same way Franklin was never in the top 3 players in the competition because he was never in the top 3 of any awards?

Or Judd wasn't in the best 3 players in the comp throughout his career as there were some years that he was outside the top 5 in the individual awards?

You're probably different to me, but if I post data to support a point, I like to know what the data means...

If Nicky doesn't go big vs the mighty Tiggies this weekend is it curtains on his claim to fame this year? Will be dead in the water for the Brownlow, AFLCA, MVP etc and the Pies will be languishing down the bottom half of the ladder.

Surely not even the most one eyed Pies supporters could claim him to be the best player in the comp if he misses out on all of them?
Cmon bud, the fadgelow is sitting pretty on the mantelpiece for the anointed one

In the same way Franklin was never in the top 3 players in the competition because he was never in the top 3 of any awards?

Or Judd wasn't in the best 3 players in the comp throughout his career as there were some years that he was outside the top 5 in the individual awards?

You're probably different to me, but if I post data to support a point, I like to know what the data means...
I'm tipping there is a reason why you don't use data to support your claim on Nick being the current best player

I'm tipping there is a reason why you don't use data to support your claim on Nick being the current best player
Still waiting for you to explain what the data you shared means...

And I absolutely do and have used data to support any claims I make. I just make sure I understand what the data means before I share it.

Still waiting for you to explain what the data you shared means...

And I absolutely do and have used data to support any claims I make. I just make sure I understand what the data means before I share it.
Again , I don't work for champion data. Do they put their algorithms in the public eye for all to share ? Not sure....but they are a source of information for the general public to use as a GUIDE when assessing player performance and ratings.
Do you have your own ratings system aside from using your eye test , or can you share what data information you have plagiarised from the internet ?

If Nicky doesn't go big vs the mighty Tiggies this weekend is it curtains on his claim to fame this year? Will be dead in the water for the Brownlow, AFLCA, MVP etc and the Pies will be languishing down the bottom half of the ladder.

Surely not even the most one eyed Pies supporters could claim him to be the best player in the comp if he misses out on all of them?

Hes already too far back.

Hasn't had a 3 vote performance in two months.

They wont win another game after this week either, so tough to see where he claws back.

Cripps wins it from Merrett.

Do you have your own ratings system aside from using your eye test , or can you share what data information you have plagiarised from the internet ?
I, along with others, have shared many references to Nick Daicos not only consistently being judged in the top two players in the competition, but asking the question 'can he be the greatest player we've ever seen' - in this very thread.

Go for your life and read them all - they're all there.

I, along with others, have shared many references to Nick Daicos not only consistently being judged in the top two players in the competition, but asking the question 'can he be the greatest player we've ever seen' - in this very thread.

Go for your life and read them all - they're all there.
Woah Nellie. No data?
You said you back up claims with data. I'll be waiting. GO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes already too far back.

Hasn't had a 3 vote performance in two months.

They wont win another game after this week either, so tough to see where he claws back.

Cripps wins it from Merrett.
lat 2 months he has had games with 9,8,7,8,2 votes in the coaches award so that claim seems doubtful. 3 weeks ago he was Brownlow fav and has dropped off and had an off 3. Happens to all players. Just looked at Heeneys 4 weeks prior to the susp has a 3 and a 4 in the AFLCA. They will both still be very high in either awards but have dropped from being the 2 favs.

P.S even though he has dropped off in the last 3 weeks he has still been Collingwoods best player through those weeks. He would have probably gone further ahead in our B&F through those games. Year 3 player drops off for a few weeks but still teams best player, not all doom and gloom.

Last edited:
For reference , you claim Nick as the games current best player. Any claim needs supporting data . GO
Using last year's votes and using different predictors of Brownlow for this year you will find usually Daicos and Bont the highest. You may not rate the data but there it is

lat 2 months he has had games with 9,8,7,8,2 votes in the coaches award so that claim seems doubtful. 3 weeks ago he was Brownlow fav and has dropped off and had an off 3. Happens to all players. Just looked at Heeneys 4 weeks prior to the susp has a 3 and a 4 in the AFLCA. They will both still be very high in either awards but have dropped from being the 2 favs.
Bontempelli hasn't exactly been setting it alight the last few weeks either.

Here's another one for you...

Point 1 - Nothing to do with current ratings this year

Point 3 - Opinion, no data

Point 5 - Rated 5th on the 5th of June, but has been poor since that period

That's the data you're leaning on?

Using last year's votes and using different predictors of Brownlow for this year you will find usually Daicos and Bont the highest. You may not rate the data but there it is
More data...

Coaches votes over past two seasons:
1. Daicos - 183
2. Bontempelli - 176
3. Serong - 167
4. Gulden - 166
5. Butters - 162
5. Neale - 162
7. Merrett - 146
7. Cripps - 146

Selective stats. Love it.
Cripps got heaps in 2022
Good to see you changed it.

So if you want to go back to 2022, when Cripps had 86 votes and Daicos 30, Cripps outpolls Daicos by 19 votes over the three seasons:

• Daicos' first three years as an AFL player
  • Cripps' best three year period in his career, at his peak where he won a Brownlow and is favourite for a second.

Does that make you feel better?

Or would you like me to go back 4 or 5 years?

Alternatively, we could do 'average coaches votes'? I'm pretty certain I know how that will turn out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back