Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All awards are rubbish?

Awards have limitations. They could never serve as the only basis for assessment. They favour mods strongly in the current game because the modern game is built around miss to a stronger level that the past etc etc.

But to say they don’t form part of your consideration to me means you disregard a lot of expert information that’s really important. A players cv with its Brownlow votes, AFLCA and PA aseeswments, AAs, Norm Smiths, B&F results etc etc has to be part of the assessment.

Look at the list of Brownlow winners since 2000 and tell me it doesn’t contain a list of midfield superstars in the main. Look a votes per game over a career and find me a mid of serious consequence who isn’t high on the list.

I don’t buy your personal assessments, not considering a massive body of expert opinion that leads to these awards, would sit on strong ground.
It's all about choosing the 15 minute burst that best suits your narrative to support your opinion.

Nick for me - our season was over at quarter time against the Lions - until Nick exploded and gave us a whisker of hope.

It’s just an award now that’s given to the player that the umpires see the most. Yeah cool, he gets 40 possessions, but they’re not damaging. Most of his touches are accumulated from receiving an easy pass from a teammate, after he sprints into space. Give me 20-25 touches by the Bont or Cripps any day of the week.

It’s just an award now that’s given to the player that the umpires see the most. Yeah cool, he gets 40 possessions, but they’re not damaging. Most of his touches are accumulated from receiving an easy pass from a teammate, after he sprints into space. Give me 20-25 touches by the Bont or Cripps any day of the week.
Nick actually had both more clearances and more contested possessions than Bont this year. Not bad for his first year as a full time mid.

Poor Nick is destined just to be like joel selwood. Nice lifetime achievements, always someone better when it comes to the brownlow.
Joel selwood would never be considered the GOAT.
This is great. And shows why GOAT is a definite possibility. Attempts to talk him down get him as low as a Joel Selwood career. Or in other words the poster is expecting him to go well above Joel - a champion of the game.

This is great. And shows why GOAT is a definite possibility. Attempts to talk him down get him as low as a Joel Selwood career. Or in other words the poster is expecting him to go well above Joel - a champion of the game.
He will get close to Selwood.
Just like his old man before him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kermit was so right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back