No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pies are a very good team, with the emphasis on Team. They have no key forwards of any repute, one established KPD, a ruckman that was completely on the scrapheap just a few months ago and a midfield with one recognised champion. And yet, they play a hard running, quick ball movement game based on grit and teamwork. Obviously a new coach has played a huge part in their revitalised performance also. Hats off to them, they've achieved far more than anyone thought possible this season.
On paper you could assume we have more talent and player resources than the Pies but we certainly don't have their workrate, speed and four quarter effort.
Hopefully, with some fresh faces in our lineup and different coaching strategies we can once again become a great team a la 2016.

Ok, so it's down to the Zorko-led Lions, the Geelong "We bought a team with left over brown paper bags full of money from Frank Costa" Cats, the Sydney Salts, or Collingwood.

Can't stand the others so its Collingwood for me. Would be a great story if they got up, and I would be happy for Lipinski. Strange how they are much more palatable since Eddie left.

Who are you supporting? (or not)

Ok, so it's down to the Zorko-led Lions, the Geelong "We bought a team with left over brown paper bags full of money from Frank Costa" Cats, the Sydney Salts, or Collingwood.

Can't stand the others so its Collingwood for me. Would be a great story if they got up, and I would be happy for Lipinski. Strange how they are much more palatable since Eddie left.

Who are you supporting? (or not)
Definitely supporting Collingwood, have been since we left the final series. Love their game style, don't even dislike any of their players (including Ginnivan). Far bigger campaigners out there than him.

my thoughts exactly, Freo are bog average and we let them come back from 42 points. that really was one of our worst halves of football ever.
Playing at the G in front of 90000 Pies supporters got to them. They have a young but talented team. Different from playing in front of their 50000 supporters at home.

Weightman flies for too many speccies.

When you have Naughton taking pack marks, or running through packs, you need a small forward lurking to crumb the ball.
He flies for marks and also leads into their spaces. We need a decent forward coach to get Cody and Naughton/JUH in sync. They play like an all-star team right now with no teamwork.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He flies for marks and also leads into their spaces. We need a decent forward coach to get Cody and Naughton/JUH in sync. They play like an all-star team right now with no teamwork.

Can I raise you an average defender who played in an elite system to be the forward coach on very limited experience?

Yep, I’m one of Cody’s biggest fans - I think he could be the best small forward in the comp, such a complete game & set of skills. He’s basically a 40goal forward already, he has the ability to kick regular bags which is rare for a small and I think his consistency woes are over exaggerated, he kicked a goal most weeks this year.

But honestly if he’s not listening to instructions then he needs to be dropped until he does. He’s a super hardworking team first player though and obviously hasn’t been dropped so likely he’s playing to instructions… and well if this is how he’s being instructed to play then I genuinely give up

Playing at the G in front of 90000 Pies supporters got to them. They have a young but talented team. Different from playing in front of their 50000 supporters at home.
This.

Good defence and midfield, forward line needs work.

They never gave up though and had a crack all the way. Will be invaluable experience for a mostly young team. They will be better going forward.

This.

Good defence and midfield, forward line needs work.

They never gave up though and had a crack all the way. Will be invaluable experience for a mostly young team. They will be better going forward.
Competitive beasts like Maynard helps. We don’t have any players with that attitude and will to win.

Yep, I’m one of Cody’s biggest fans - I think he could be the best small forward in the comp, such a complete game & set of skills. He’s basically a 40goal forward already, he has the ability to kick regular bags which is rare for a small and I think his consistency woes are over exaggerated, he kicked a goal most weeks this year.

But honestly if he’s not listening to instructions then he needs to be dropped until he does. He’s a super hardworking team first player though and obviously hasn’t been dropped so likely he’s playing to instructions… and well if this is how he’s being instructed to play then I genuinely give up

I 100% agree.
I also think it's the reason that Naughton dropped away towards the end of the year.
He was competing with JUH, Cody and then Darcy for the same ball. It was so frustrating to watch.

This pre-season is so crucial in setting up our forward line and the players in it for success. If we don't sort this out now, I will bet that 2 of those 4 will not be with us in 3 (maybe even 2) years' time. And that would be the biggest loss of opportunity to build an all-star forward line I've ever experienced in my very long life as a Bulldog supporter.

I 100% agree.
I also think it's the reason that Naughton dropped away towards the end of the year.
He was competing with JUH, Cody and then Darcy for the same ball. It was so frustrating to watch.

This pre-season is so crucial in setting up our forward line and the players in it for success. If we don't sort this out now, I will bet that 2 of those 4 will not be with us in 3 (maybe even 2) years' time. And that would be the biggest loss of opportunity to build an all-star forward line I've ever experienced in my very long life as a Bulldog supporter.
Yeah agreed. I think “releasing the shackles” was a big part of Bevs input into our flag. Letting guys play their natural games like Picken as a good example.

But it’s almost like that’s the only plan for our forward line right now. Bunch of talented kids, just get out there and play your natural game. Unfortunately that’s not how a modern forward line functions and the result is 6 ball hungry kids doing what they do best and flying for the footy.

Our backlines the same…

How’s North Melbourne’s form, manage their list in an appalling manner, including moving on about 11 players in one off-season; hire a coach and then sack him in less than two seasons; and now expect the AFL to rescue them with draft picks and concessions. Honestly, what an absolute joke. If Clarkson is in fact the second coming of Jesus, let him rebuild a list like every other club and take them to the promised land.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How’s North Melbourne’s form, manage their list in an appalling manner, including moving on about 11 players in one off-season; hire a coach and then sack him in less than two seasons; and now expect the AFL to rescue them with draft picks and concessions. Honestly, what an absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Melbourne Marque II

Update for those following at home:

Clarkson - "Never seriously entertained the offer."
Lyon - "No vibe."
Scott - "GAGF"
Beveridge - "Damn. U fr bro?" ... probably.
Cameron - Not interested!

Keep 'em coming Bombres ...

Clarkson - "Never seriously entertained the offer."
Lyon - "No vibe."
Scott - "GAGF"
Beveridge - "Damn. U fr bro?" ... probably.
Cameron - Not interested!
Hansen - Bad timing.

Quite the honour roll building here, and to think these are simply the ones we know about ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back