No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also say Collingwood 2022 = Bulldogs 2015, with a first year coach and a frenetic game style

We backed up ok the following year

Hey Siri, remind me what happened with the Western Bulldogs in 2016

* how good was Caleb in the forward half.

Maybe they need to move him back there.
I love Caleb but he is a train wreck in our defensive 50...and taking kickouts. Please play him up forward Bevo. You want JUH and Naughty leading to Caleb kicking the ball inside 50.

Shaun Higgins had retired.

Shaun Higgins had retired.
Actually retired 2 years ago, he just neglected to tell Cats, who still played him last year, but penny started to drop for Chris Scott this year when Higgins ran through the banner for a game wearing slippers, smoking a pipe, and holding an Agatha Christie paperback.

This is a particularly disturbing read, allegedly involving 2 current head coaches. Hard to believe it could happen.

Potentially raises some uncomfortable decisions for North and Brisbane too if the allegations are substantiated, unfortunately through no fault of their own.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a particularly disturbing read, allegedly involving 2 current head coaches. Hard to believe it could happen.
Absolutely wild and imagine if this had come out with Brisbane about to play in a Grand Final (not that it should be the priority but I wonder if this story was being held until Brisbane’s season was done).

While appreciating these anecdotes obviously don’t apply to all clubs, I find in bizarre that clubs will inject their players with PEDs or tell players to make their partners get abortions all in the pursuit of sporting glory but won’t use the ****ing pre-season draft to poach good players.

Potentially raises some uncomfortable decisions for North and Brisbane too if the allegations are substantiated.
Wonder if there's any link with Petty's sister as someone said about the Zorko slag to Petty in that game.

Just trying to imagine on what planet indigenous players (or any player) would want to go to North or Brisbane...

Good luck to Dunkley with that 'professionalism' up in Brissy. Real class act (allegedly). 🤔
The article only mentions Clarkson and Fagan but it could be much broader then that. Other coaches including Bevo, Simpson and some highly regarded assistants spent time at Hawthorn during Clarkson’s period there.

Potentially raises some uncomfortable decisions for North and Brisbane too if the allegations are substantiated.

Both coaches will need to be fired.

None of those involved will lose their jobs over this. But, subject to the levels of involvement, I don't know how you'd feel comfortable with employing someone that participated in that stuff to work with your indigenous staff. Abhorrent abuse of influence and power.
Presumably the investigation (but perhaps not the report) was already completed before North hired Clarkson. Surely there was an element of due dilligence which would have meant they at least questioned him on this, they must have had some level of knowledge about the investigation you'd think.

Potentially raises some uncomfortable decisions for North and Brisbane too if the allegations are substantiated, unfortunately through no fault of their own.

That is pretty disturbing. You wonder how this can be true, but then if it is true how the hell can people act like that?

Unless the allegations are proven to be untrue or exaggerated I can't see how those mentioned survive, no matter how prominent they are. Will be following this closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back