No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting part will be finding out how much Bevo/Hardwick/Leon Cameron/Adam Simpson ect knew about and their involvements Clarksons Coaching Tree from that time impacts many clubs

Clarkson will be fired for sure. I doubt the president of norf would let things slide and maybe was partly in the dark about this stuff if the coaching selection panel did learn of it and probably let them deal with it. But I doubt they did find this.

Fagan I have no idea. Media wont sleep on this. This is literally gold making stuff for them to run it as long as possible. Same they did with the Crows camp.

Clarkson will be fired for sure. I doubt the president of norf would let things slide and maybe was partly in the dark about this stuff if the coaching selection panel did learn of it and probably let them deal with it. But I doubt they did find this.

Fagan I have no idea. Media wont sleep on this. This is literally gold making stuff for them to run it as long as possible. Same they did with the Crows camp.
Reading that article there is no way Clarkson and fagan can be coaching ever again, they both need to be sacked immediately as anybody else that was involved

Reckon NM have got players interested due to Clarkson. If this isn't resolved by trade time, things are going to be very messy.

Looking again at this story , there’s no way this is a media beat up.

Hawthorn instigated a review , but the players were understandably reluctant to take part . When they decided to, they also went to trusted third party , ABC journalist Russell Jackson , to help verify their claims . If they really wanted a media beat up they’d go to Murdoch/Fairfax not the ABC.

The allegations are all held in Hawthorn’s external review document; that wasn’t overseen by journalists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that on face value, Fagan and Clarkson's AFL future looks untenable.

With the Bombres still looking for a head coach, there could be 3 clubs out there looking and seemingly not a heap of obvious candidates.

Why?

They'll just deny the allegation and it will get swept under the rug. This is the AFL boys club after all.

Willingly had Wayne Carey in commentary for many years.
Just my opinion and no facts to back it up but the AFL is ruthless in protecting its image and “improvements” only seem to happen when major sponsors threaten to withdraw funding rather than any AFL decision based on what is right or fair. The AFL will attempt to ride out the storm if it is media pressure only but will act if sponsorship is threatened. The coaches mentioned will keep their jobs until such time as Mr. Toyota makes a call.

It will be interesting to see who sticks their head up above the trenches to defend Clarkson, Fagan, Burt, and others in the group of coaches that confronted some of the players.
This episode has a very long way to go and the effects may be felt within many clubs.

It will be interesting to see who sticks their head up above the trenches to defend Clarkson, Fagan, Burt, and others in the group of coaches that confronted some of the players.
This episode has a very long way to go and the effects may be felt within many clubs.
Doubt it'd be Kennett. Speaking of when did Kennett leave hawks then return?

Can't believe what I'm seeing.

Hawks CEO and acting Pres currently holding a press conference.

Not using sponsors backdrop (understandably). Instead they have as a backdrop, a white sheet with black targets.

Obviously prepared at short notice and no inference intended but even so, WTF?

I’m overseas at the moment but this is ramping up very quickly. As this is another happening under Gil’s watch, it doesn’t look like he’ll be enjoying a quiet retirement any time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back