No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact: apparently the MCG is our ‘home’ ground for finals? But we play 3 games at the Adelaide Oval this season and two at the MCG!

Fun fact: apparently the MCG is our ‘home’ ground for finals? But we play 3 games at the Adelaide Oval this season and two at the MCG!
Based on the H&A season, Geelong should be hosting finals at Adelaide Oval ahead of us hosting finals at the MCG.

Billy Brownless on The Front Bar said there were only two players he was scared of.

1. Rick Kennedy
2. Barry Hall

I'd believe him if he actually played against Bazza 🙄🙄
Billy is legitimately one of the best blokes I've met of footballers/ex-footballers.

Can't say that about very many of his media contemporaries.

This is one of my all time fav games of footy that I reckon most don’t remember. Cooney was awesome this day.

I spoke to Jordan McMahon about this game a few years ago prior to PA v WB in 2021.

He told a funny story about how Brad Johnson was cheering him on as he was running inside 50 to kick a clutch goal towards the end of the match.

Fun fact:

Minson was also clutch that day. Not the footballer, the racehorse. The group one race was on during HT and there were hundreds of WB fans in the TAB cheering Craig Williams on to victory in the red, white and blue hoops. We were all late back to our seat for the second half.

Ryan Daniels
"Scott Pendlebury, about to play game 400, has NEVER played an AFL game at Kardinia Park or in Tassie.

Throw in Alice Springs, Cairns, Canberra, Ballarat and Darwin.

Must be nice!*

*No shade on Pendles - superb player - but that's crazy!"

Ryan Daniels
"Scott Pendlebury, about to play game 400, has NEVER played an AFL game at Kardinia Park or in Tassie.

Throw in Alice Springs, Cairns, Canberra, Ballarat and Darwin.

Must be nice!*

*No shade on Pendles - superb player - but that's crazy!"

Yes, but with his background he must have played at John Cain Arena 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty awful season by Gold Coast in the end.

Were 6-4 after the two drubbings they handed out in Darwin. Have made their home ground a bit of a fortress and had away games against St Kilda, North, West Coast and Richmond. Should have walked to the finals, massive missed opportunity.

Pretty awful season by Gold Coast in the end.

Were 6-4 after the two drubbings they handed out in Darwin. Have made their home ground a bit of a fortress and had away games against St Kilda, North, West Coast and Richmond. Should have walked to the finals, massive missed opportunity.
Yeah pretty easy fixture for them in the second half but still managed to stuff it up. They will probably fold before they even make finals.

With us not playing until the Sunday last week, I didn't know who to barrack for in the other games.

Well that's easy this week, go Crows, Hawks, Sydney, Pies and Essendon
Reckon we’d prefer GWS to win. Hawks are the bigger danger. They have Carl, Rich, North to finish whereas GWS has Bris, Freo, and us.

Reckon Hawks knock over Blues?

Blues our biggest threat for 4th I reckon. Cats possibly.

Definitely could, think they’d back themselves against anyone.

Carlton have been pretty underwhelming lately but think they’ve got too much star power to stay down for too long. They’ve just lost their way a bit but I presume they’ll find it at some stage before the end of the season. Their midfield has gone back to Cripps having to do it all while everyone stands and watches.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back