No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The afl love a good backflip. Probably the most ridiculous competition in the world.

EFA.

It never ceases to amaze me that the game seems to flourish in spite of its administrators.

The game is the cockroach of sports.

Last edited:
EFA.

It never ceases to amaze me that the game seems to flourish in spite of its administrators.

The game is a cockroach.
If they didn't make ridiculous rule changes on and off the field they wouldn't have much work to do considering most of it is spent cleaning up messes they made themselves.
Looking forward to the wildcard round coming in next year just to be forgotten about in 2026.

Yep.

Unfortunate that Melbourne was the victim here.

Pity it wasn't a ''big'' club.
Melbourne are not the only victims

Fremantle- Jesse Motlop, Mitchell Edwards

St.Kilda - Cam Mackenzie

Hawthorn- Cooper Vickery, Tew Jiath

West Coast - Lance Collard

Essendon and development should not be put in the same sentence.
Except where it's something like this ...

"There's been a disturbing new development in the Essendon peptides saga ..."

or

"Is it schadenfreude to have the tiny trace of a grin when observing the development of Essendon's reputation as a club that wins trade week every year but never wins a final?"

OK what results do we want this week (apart from the obvious - a win over North)?

I CBF doing endless ladder predictors. Maybe next week I'll relent. So let me have a guess:

*Essendon v SYDNEY
GOLD COAST
v Melb - doesn't matter to the final 8, but let's root for the Suns, eh?
Giants v FREM - not sure about this one but if we want to finish ahead of GWS they have to lose both.
COLL v Bris
Port v ADEL
ST K
v Gee
*WB v North
*Haw v RICH - sorry Chicago1 but a Tigers win would be great for us
*WCE v Carl

The crucial ones appear to be those with a *.

How am I doing?

So if the above is about right we can expect this week's winners to be:

Essendon
Melbourne
GWS
Brisbane
Port
Geelong
North
Hawthorn
Carlton
😭

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't switched on the TV yet but a quick look at the stats in the second quarter shows Sydney getting smashed. Losing the i50s 12-25 at this stage and most other stats following that pattern.

FFS.

If Brisbane lose to Pies and Essendon we can finish 4th and play Sydney in a QF if Freo beat GWS but lose to Port.

The bonus is that Essendon still won't make finals. 9th, 10th and 11th would be Carlton Essendon and Collingwood if Carlton lose to West Coast.

TL/DR. Brisbane and Carlton both losing is very good for us.

Get rid of umpires asking who is going up in the ruck. Just throw it up and if two blokes from one team go up then pay it against them.

Still keeps the 3rd man rule in place but speeds the game up.
It doesn’t work because you can’t obstruct the rucks path to the contest but you can block, put an arm across, etc. on non-rucks. Bont used to get a bunch of frees for impeding him from going 3rd man up.

I always thought banning 3rd man up completely was the wrong call when trying to open up the game just to protect the role of rucks. They should have just limited ruck infringements to the nominated (or clear) rucks while allowing players to block the run of the 3rd man up to the contest.

Walked past a TV about 20 mins ago to see a ridiculous free paid to Heeney, not sure what for as the defender barely touched him.
I expect Longmire to complain about it post-match... 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back