No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be at the MCG because it’ll be the only game in Melbourne. But almost certainly would anyway, they aren’t locking out 30-40k fans

Edit: This is what was said in an article about Geelong hosting a final at GMHBA

“The contract the AFL has with the MCG stipulates that if there's only one final in Victoria in weeks one, two and three, it must be played at the MCG. Victorian preliminary finals must also be played at the MCG with a contract to 2059 for an MCG Grand Final.”

“Under the terms of the MCG’s contract with the AFL, any finals games in the first two weeks of the finals – the qualifying, elimination and semi-finals – with an expected crowd of 55,000 or more must be played at the home of football, the MCG”
I wouldn't want to play anywhere else.

Even if we win tomorrow we could finish anywhere from 4th to 9th at the end of Rnd 24 depending on whether we win or lose against GWS and other results.

The only thing that narrows that is if Carlton lose tomorrow, then we play finals and finish anywhere from 4th to 8th. Carlton can still make it though if they beat the Saints and Freo lose.

If Carlton lose twice the Pies can make it if Freo also lose.

Freo should be rightly nervous. If Carlton or Collingwood win one more game, we win and Freo lose to Port (who will be playing for a home QF) they'll go out and one of Carlton or Collingwood will overtake them.

If we lose to GWS, Freo beat Port and Carlton win their last 2, we'll go out.

This season is crazy as batsh1t.

Last edited:
Even if we win tomorrow we could finish anywhere from 4th to 9th at the end of Rnd 24 depending on whether we win or lose against GWS and other results.

The only thing that narrows that is if Carlton lose tomorrow, then we play finals and finish anywhere from 4th to 8th. Carlton can still make it though if they beat the Saints and Freo lose.

If Carlton lose twice the Pies can make it if Freo also lose.

Freo should be rightly nervous. If Carlton or Collingwood win one more game, we win and Freo lose to Port (who will be playing for a home QF) they'll go out and one of Carlton or Collingwood will overtake them.

If we lose to GWS, Freo beat Port and Carlton win their last 2, we'll go out.

This season is crazy as batsh1t.

So, if WC beat Carlton we are in? (If we beat North)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If ever AFL needed a sending off rule it's events like Houston on Rankine. Adelaide lost the plot after that. Of course Razor Ray had to be the umpire.
Yeah agree. The red card has to be seriously considered. Houston taking out Rankine completely turned the game. The Crows lose their best player

The options are looking like us vs Hawthorn at the G, vs Brisbane at the Gabba or miss the finals completely. I’m happy with Hawthorn, thats a game we should win still.
Wonder if after two years of no games in Qld, if we ended up playing at the Gabba in a final, we would get to use our interstate member access that we’ve all paid for and haven’t used? 4 h&a games surely equates to a finals ticket…

Gotta get there first though.

Will be worth asking the question of the club as to what they will do for the Qld members or will it just be all those bandwagoner 1 and 3 gamers who get recognition

If ever AFL needed a sending off rule it's events like Houston on Rankine. Adelaide lost the plot after that. Of course Razor Ray had to be the umpire.

Razor Ray is that guy that talks himself up as the greatest thing ever but is actually pretty s*** at his job. We all know one.

In a year with such crap umpiring I reckon last night was the worst of the lot. No free kick for that bump is literally like getting in a time machine and going back 30 years. How did four umpires not pay that?!

And what’s worse was that Port had the ball due to a free kick when play was stopped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a year with such crap umpiring I reckon last night was the worst of the lot. No free kick for that bump is literally like getting in a time machine and going back 30 years. How did four umpires not pay that?!
You got to shake your head. Maybe the send off rule should be applied to the umpires as well.

They should start with a 10 minute rule and see how that goes before trying a send off for the rest of the game.

But knowing the AFL they’d go the whole hog then change it back again 3 weeks later.

I notice the once-hot sliding in rule (contact below the knees) seems to be a thing of the past. Has anyone seen it paid much recently?

Razor Ray is that guy that talks himself up as the greatest thing ever but is actually pretty s*** at his job. We all know one.
Have we had him in a game this year? I’m honestly surprised to hear he’s still around.

I have seen it consistently missed recently.
I’ve seen the stupid below the knees rule paid when the whole idea was to stop flogs like the Norf player who went in studs first from taking out. Another players legs - as DW said, the aFL go too far the other way and a player on the ground being first to the ball can give away a free to a clumsy player who falls over them

Great player but such an annoying twat, racking up a nice rap sheet of dives too.
Fast becoming the Ryan Crowley, Hayden Ballentyne or Jason Akermanis of the 2024.
Rankine was close to best on ground when the shoulder charge by Houston knocked him unconscious. The NRL has outlawed the shoulder charge - AFL needs to get its mindset out of the 1970s.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back