No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

We will need to win and if we do most likely an MCG final

Wonder if GWS may want to finish 4th and play Sydney in Sydney

Just have to find a way to win
Even if they took it easy and lost, GWS would need to cats to make up 4% on them, don’t think it’s gonna happen.

It’s a must win for us, but at least if GWS beat us they go ahead of Port, which gives Port some incentive to beat Freo for us, to get them a home final.

A draw would actually get us in and give GWS the same final position as a win…

Even if they took it easy and lost, GWS would need to cats to make up 4% on them, don’t think it’s gonna happen.

It’s a must win for us, but at least if GWS beat us they go ahead of Port, which gives Port some incentive to beat Freo for us, to get them a home final.

A draw would actually get us in and give GWS the same final position as a win…
Let’s arrange then put all bad feeling behind and orchestrate a draw then back to been enemies

All three will be favourites. We can’t count on them losing. If we lose to GWS then it’s more likely than not we miss the 8.

Reckon Port will be favourites and if last night holds, the Saints will make it a hell of a game against Carlton.

Still, we just need to get the job done. Lose and we don't deserve finals anyway and it'll yet again teach a lesson about not losing unloseable games to s*** teams.

Reckon Port will be favourites and if last night holds, the Saints will make it a hell of a game against Carlton.

Still, we just need to get the job done. Lose and we don't deserve finals anyway and it'll yet again teach a lesson about not losing unloseable games to s*** teams.
Think it’s a bit harsh to say we don’t deserve it. We have had a really tough draw - 3 double up games against top 4 sides.

Bookies have Freo slight favourites but its pretty close to a 50/50

Wouldn't be surprised if Saints are the bookies favourites but once again it'll be close to a 50/50. Not sure if Carlton are getting any of their forward line back. Done well with the makeshift forward line today but its a big ask to do it twice.

The way North played today its hard to see how they are competitive against Hawthorn. They were putrid.

In any case I'm not sure I'll be able to handle watching Sunday's games if we fall short against GWS. Has heart attack written all over it but as you said, we'll only have ourselves to blame for getting in this position again

Think it’s a bit harsh to say we don’t deserve it. We have had a really tough draw - 3 double up games against top 4 sides.

If we lose next week, we don't deserve to make it. We've had 3 big 5+ goal losses to teams that won't make finals and had 4 of our 9 losses overall were against teams currently not in the 8. Add to that 2 single-digit losses in which we were in a good position to win.

If we miss we can blame nobody but ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English would drop in front of Hogan.

It also means we can get Buku out of the team. Wouldn't be surprised if we play him on Greene or little Darcy which wouldn't go well

And have some faith? There were people here who had us losing to Norf ..
I didn’t have us losing to North so have some faith that the boys will get the job done next weekend. Hogan is just one man it’s a team sport play the way that we have before the crows game and we are in if a real chance

If we had beaten Adelaide last week we’d currently be fourth with a decent chance of finishing second with a win over GWS and a Freo win over Port. A home QF.

Now we still need to win next week to guarantee a place in the eight. So many missed opportunities this season, but the way we lost last week was really galling.

If we had beaten Adelaide last week we’d currently be fourth with a decent chance of finishing second with a win over GWS and a Freo win over Port. A home QF.

Now we still need to win next week to guarantee a place in the eight. So many missed opportunities this season, but the way we lost last week was really galling.
It comes down to luck, we have been lucky that we played Carlton, Collingwood and some others when they were out of form. Unlucky to play Brisbane after their bye, Adelaide when they had their best team in for the year, and Port Adelaide finding form, you could also throw in Essendon to that mix.

It comes down to luck, we have been lucky that we played Carlton, Collingwood and some others when they were out of form. Unlucky to play Brisbane after their bye, Adelaide when they had their best team in for the year, and Port Adelaide finding form, you could also throw in Essendon to that mix.
Can add Hawks into the mix we played them just when they were finding some form

The issue with the Adelaide and Port Adelaide games wasn't so much how good the opposition were, it was how poor we were.

I think we are exactly where our inconsistent form suggests we should be.

I don't get all these "poor us, terrible luck" excuses about playing teams when they were in form or had their best available team for the year. That cuts both ways.

The only bits of bad luck (not really luck, but inequity) are those that are built into the draw year after year for clubs like ours. I've ranted about those many times elsewhere so I won't go over them again now.

Suffice to say it's satisfying to finish ahead of Collingwood, Essendon and quite likely Carlton this year. 🖕

I don't get all these "poor us, terrible luck" excuses about playing teams when they were in form or had their best available team for the year. That cuts both ways.

The only bits of bad luck (not really luck, but inequity) are those that are built into the draw year after year for clubs like ours. I've ranted about those many times elsewhere so I won't go over them again now.

Suffice to say it's satisfying to finish ahead of Collingwood, Essendon and quite likely Carlton this year. 🖕

While I agree dogwatch, what I enjoyed most about that post was the emoji at the end. 😀

If only someone had shoulder charged Izak Rankine and knocked him into next year. And Darcy kicked 6.1 instead of 1.5 and one OTF.

The Crows were all over Port until that happened - the flow of the game completely changed after that - the Crows lost the plot completely and went headhunting, and Port capitalized on all the free kicks to come back from the dead.

You have to admit though - playing first up against Melbourne who were already second game in - was a stitch up. Never happened in VFL/AFL history before.

And the Lions getting 2 byes before we even got one should never have happened either.

AFL do not care about the integrity of the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back