No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like I'll be rewatching the 2016 GF bluray next Sat. Lions Swans GF, absolutely disgusting.
I'll be watching. Either way it'll be enjoyable.

Whoever wins, meh.

But if Swines lose, Longmire blowing a gasket and clueless fans clutching at straws looking for anything else to blame for yet another GF loss will be glorious.

If Lions lose, the tears of Dunkley, Neale et al for yet another GF loss will be glorious.

It's a win win.

Interesting parallel between the lions this year and the dogs in 2016. Finish outside top four, win the EF comfortably, then win in an arm wrestle in the SF (admittedly they had to come from way back and we ended up beating the hawks fairly convincingly).

But the ruck going down early, main KPF needing to ruck most of the game and then coming from behind and winning in a seesaw epic is eerily similar to our PF.

And now the minor premier swans in the GF.

Hope the result is the same. **** Sydney.

I'll be watching. Either way it'll be enjoyable.

Whoever wins, meh.

But if Swines lose, Longmire blowing a gasket and clueless fans clutching at straws looking for anything else to blame for yet another GF loss will be glorious.

If Lions lose, the tears of Dunkley, Neale et al for yet another GF loss will be glorious.

It's a win win.
It's funny but either way, the losing team will be seen as GF chockers.

Fitzroy versus South Melbourne

BrisVegas versus Sin City

Queensland versus New South Wales

But best of all, Geelong can cotton off...
Don't forget its Lions vs "The Bloods" which comes out every finals series until they lose, then they're the Swans again :weary:

It would be good to see a strong Victorian theme next week with both teams wearing their traditional jumpers.
Emotion aside, do Brisbane wear their away jumper?
odds on it'll be sydney in home/red and brisbane in home/white

the dream would be sydney in vic/red and brisbane in vic/blue

Don't want Brisbane to be the first team since 2016 to win from outside the top 4. **** them.
We won't be the first or the last under this finals system and given just how even the competition is now but yes it would be good to have that unique record for ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it’s hard to argue Bont is a better finals player. Never really taken a final by the scruff like Heeney has (apart from maybe the hawks semi in 2016)
Bont played like the prophet Mohammed on the 2021 grand final. Was offering more in the forward line in 5 minute stints than the rest of our forward line offered the whole match.

How laughable is the whole “Hahahaha suck it Victoria!” thing that non-Vics do?

Apparently we all stick together and support each other when our teams are no longer in it, Victorian solidarity forever!

Pfft.

Literally everyone I know who is Victorian and does not support Geelong was supporting the Lions today.
And the Swine supporters like to drive their ‘Bloods Culture’ down our throats. I’m pretty sure that relates to their SM days.

Also just an aside on preliminary finals.

We used to (somewhat justifiably) cop a lot for our terrible record in prelims.

But look at Port and Geelong recently.

Port:

2014 vs Hawthorn
2020 vs Richmond
2021 vs us
2024 vs Sydney

4 losses

Geelong:

2013 vs Hawthorn
2016 vs Sydney
2017 vs Adelaide
2019 vs Richmond
2021 vs Melbourne
2024 vs Brisbane

6 losses - and yes, I know they’ve won a few in addition to those.

And that’s with Chris Scott, probably the best coach in the league at the moment (the ****)

Point is: preliminary finals are incredibly difficult to win.

So supposedly Cats fans aren’t too disappointed with the loss because Holmes, Bruhn and Henry would have missed the final with injury and Danger would have been suspended. Also Selwood, Scarlett, Bartel, Ablett Snr and Jnr and Polly Farmer would have missed too.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back