Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is giving me Geelong vs. Collingwood 2022 vibes. Inspiring narrow win in tense Qualifying Final classic that sets the winners on their way to the premiership. Hopefully that isn't the case and the only real parallel to 2022 is the "Geelong flag" part of that year. 🤞
Yeah but the other QF in 2022 wasn't a game where the team in 3rd put out a statement result against a team away from home.

Going back through previous finals I can't find anything like this years.

In fact the only recent time where one QF was a result under 10 points and the other was over 80 was in 2007 but that doesn't match up because in that season it was 2nd placed Port with a narrow win, and 1st placed Geelong dishing out the thrashing.
I hope Sydney does a Freo in 2015 (win a close, tense home final, get the week off and then bottle the PF.)

Uncharted waters here people. What I can say is it was vital to get the win against Port because Sydney are vulnerable and I think they are going to play the Hawks, and that game feels like it will play out like the 2022 PF where Sydney had the week off but the Pies bashed them up and they limped into the GF.
GWS were out on their feet by the end of the game, Hawks might lose but their kids get stuck in from siren to siren.
That said, I can't say I am happy at the potential prospect of GWS at the MCG since they play that ground well and they match up on us very well.

Can't remember the last time that happened
Smells of Crazy Vossy desperation. Along with the other hail mary ins as well.
Cannot believe Docherty is playing a knockout final off an ACL... Cold without a hitout prior.

The very epitome of nothing to lose?
Of course. If you limp into 8th and no one gives you a chance you'd probably take a throw at the stumps.
Just can't see it working out.

Pittonet to ruck solo with the only KPF having to give him a chop out as well.
Game set up for Harris Andrews.

Have we seen both the GOTY & MOTY in the first week of finals when both are ineligible

Also, this could have gone so wrong for Heeney on landing - whether he meant it or just instinct, good on Buckley for sticking his hand out to grab Heeney

I was thinking the same thing. Heeney was a whisker away from a Jeremy Howe-like arm break or worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember the last time that happened
The closest you will get to a ruck sub this season from what I can find were part timers like;
Jeremy Finlayson, who barely took any and only got 1 hit out in the game he was subbed on for Dixon.
Toby Pink is referenced as a ruck on the AFL website, footywire has him as a DEF/FWD and he was 2nd ruck for North in a game this season but once again its not the game he was subbed in for.
Max Ramsden, who is listed as a FWD/RUCK, but barely rucked in the game he was subbed in for.

De Koning is the first time this season a dedicated ruck has been the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back