Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. But there is the potential to argue that Petracca contributed to it. This wouldn’t absolve the club of negligence but might reduce liability from 100%. It won’t reach court proceedings as it will be settled one way or the other.
Yeah but we're not looking for cash settlements, he'd just be looking for breach of duty of care to void a contract. I think that would have a low hurdle surely. If you change tthe setting from football to working in any other environment then it's pretty straightforward from what I see.

Not a lawyer so any lawyers feel free to chime in.

I thought for GC they don't care about giving up pick 6 because they need points for academy players, so they might give up 6 for Rioli but also get a few late picks coming back their way to satisfy the points they need.
I would have thought they'd fight for that pick because it's probably early enough to get in front of a Lombard bid

Dunno where the past players thread got to but last night I was flicking through the channels and I saw an ad for Celebrity Amazing Race on ch 10. Guess what? Billy and Oscar Brownless are running in it. I might have a look when it's on

He might not be much chop these days, but feel it's an important signing. They're losing so much experience and with a bazillion picks this year, they'll have a super young team with few leaders. As Melbourne, North, GC etc. have shown, great youth with no guidance is a fast-track to staying on the bottom.
Hmm it could be an important signing if he can stay fit otherwise his leadership benefits are mostly gone

Dunno where the past players thread got to but last night I was flicking through the channels and I saw an ad for Celebrity Amazing Race on ch 10. Guess what? Billy and Oscar Brownless are running in it. I might have a look when it's on

Third page of threads:

He might not be much chop these days, but feel it's an important signing. They're losing so much experience and with a bazillion picks this year, they'll have a super young team with few leaders. As Melbourne, North, GC etc. have shown, great youth with no guidance is a fast-track to staying on the bottom.

I understand why they signed him but hes as non durable as hopper. That said they will struggle to reach the cap floor so they might as well have him on the list and coaching.

I understand why they signed him but hes as non durable as hopper. That said they will struggle to reach the cap floor so they might as well have him on the list and coaching.
I agree.. they need some leaders for sure.

And you are spot on about their cap and struggling to hit the cap floor.

They are in a position to cover some of Bolton/Rioli's salary to make sure they get the maximum return from Freo and GC for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another argument against the idea of having a wildcard round before finals....

Such a dumb idea.

Just fix the bloody "fixture" and finals will sort themselves out.

There's no way known a "wildcard" is going to win a flag when there's only been 1 winner from the bottom half of the 8 in the history of the 8.

Get 20 teams. Everyone plays everyone at home year, away the next. A few extra rounds for gather, rivalries, derbies and done.

Such a dumb idea.

There's no way known a "wildcard" is going to win a flag when there's only been 1 winner from the bottom half of the 8 in the history of the 8.

Get 20 teams. Everyone plays everyone at home year, away the next. A few extra rounds for gather, rivalries, derbies and done.
I have said this before and will say it again.

Once you play your double up team a second time halve the result. Average the scoreline across the two.

Belt north twice by 8 and 10 goals? That's 4 premiership points and 9 goal margin.

Win one each against Carlton? 2 each average the scores so it's not actually a draw on % so size of win/loss still matters.

One draw One win? That's 3 premiership points etc

If the afl did this you would never have to have a top 4 side play a bottom 4 side twice. Just double up the biggest games you can.

Hmm i would prefer just to get rid of double ups completely.

Teams play each other at home or away and the following year the fixture is reversed e.g Geelong host Ess at KP year 1 and in year 2 Ess host Geelong at Marvel year 3 Geelong host Ess at Kp etc etc.

And if we can't at least make everyone play everyone once before double ups kick in for ****s sake.

It is ****ing stupid that some teams have only finally met in round 24 for the first time.

Such a dumb idea.

I was with you until the last part " A few extra rounds" na not needed play everyone once

If AFL need more games to make money start putting the under 18s on during the bye or state of origin or something.

Trent Cotchin likes this.

Weren't going to win regardless.

The odds on offer for the Dogs is highway robbery.
Mids will overpower them and the Bont is about to produce a finals series for the ages.
Looking forward to watching the umpires ignore every single throw from the doggies as usual

Weren't going to win regardless.

The odds on offer for the Dogs is highway robbery.
Mids will overpower them and the Bont is about to produce a finals series for the ages.

I'm told the Hawthorn board is very confident, and that Day's absence doesn't overly concern them.

Apparently they've got him covered, and the ground suits them better.

I really want to see them lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back