Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, we have to likely face GWS in a prelim.
Be great if we get Brisbane at the MCG though
I am not that confident on them. I could easily see Brisbane cruising against Carlton and Brisbane have the talent to roll them at Engie Stadium where the crowd isn't big enough to rattle their players.

Or if the Blues cause an upset, they get Curnow and a few others back and they play Engie Stadium quite well too.

And we have seen in the past that QF losses which are hard, physical matches sometimes **** up the loser the following week, like Melbourne and Port last year, Melbourne in 2022 and Brisbane in 2021.

With all teams getting a pre-finals bye I am not surprised we see more and more straight sets exits in the AFL, as the team in the top 4 like GWS had to face a rested Sydney in a hard match, and will have to back it up next week possibly against a Brisbane who had a weeks rest and likely belt Carlton.

So we will see 4th v 5th on the ladder where they both have had a weeks rest and played a match before playing each other, yet the team in 5th might enter the match in better physical shape.

Yes, Carlton could upset Brisbane and **** up everything I just wrote, hence why its an example, but I think Brisbane will torch Carlton by 50+ and then Brisbane can rest and rotate ahead of a knock out final against a GWS that had an insane final for 4 quarters.

And the blues.
You have to be the most negative person I've ever read.
And thats saying something as I've read Vdubs for years.
Perception- we all see the same things differently. Watching that today, you would have to agree- both teams look worthy of a GF. But discussions with you are not necessarily related to what you see as you openly admit you don't swatch the games, just keep an eye on scores. That's your way of doing things- fair enough. Fwiw, I think ANY team we play is tough, but we made Port look ordinary. Doubt we get another free hit like that

I am not that confident on them. I could easily see Brisbane cruising against Carlton and Brisbane have the talent to roll them at Engie Stadium where the crowd isn't big enough to rattle their players.

Or if the Blues cause an upset, they get Curnow and a few others back and they play Engie Stadium quite well too.

And we have seen in the past that QF losses which are hard, physical matches sometimes **** up the loser the following week, like Melbourne and Port last year, Melbourne in 2022 and Brisbane in 2021.

With all teams getting a pre-finals bye I am not surprised we see more and more straight sets exits in the AFL, as the team in the top 4 like GWS had to face a rested Sydney in a hard match, and will have to back it up next week possibly against a Brisbane who had a weeks rest and likely belt Carlton.

So we will see 4th v 5th on the ladder where they both have had a weeks rest and played a match before playing each other, yet the team in 5th might enter the match in better physical shape.

Yes, Carlton could upset Brisbane and **** up everything I just wrote, hence why its an example, but I think Brisbane will torch Carlton by 50+ and then Brisbane can rest and rotate ahead of a knock out final against a GWS that had an insane final for 4 quarters.
GWS controlled 75% of the game against the flag favourites

Damn, we have to likely face GWS in a prelim.
Be great if we get Brisbane at the MCG though
At least we won't have a problem getting a ticket lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about that. Think a lot of people weirdly would rather play giants or lions at the G than the Hawks right now
Sheer nonsense, Giants and Brisbane are comfortably better than those upstarts. Wouldn't surprise me if they get absolutely thrashed by either Port or Sydney. But just the sheer thought of the Hawks making a Prelim makes my skin crawl.

And I am bleeding. Cashed out on my multi late in the second 1/4.
dropped hundreds.

I thought GWS had them completely covered.
sigh
Who Cares Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live

Perception- we all see the same things differently. Watching that today, you would have to agree- both teams look worthy of a GF. But discussions with you are not necessarily related to what you see as you openly admit you don't swatch the games, just keep an eye on scores. That's your way of doing things- fair enough. Fwiw, I think ANY team we play is tough, but we made Port look ordinary. Doubt we get another free hit like that
I was watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back