Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand he also had difficulty with his recovery after his previous concussion

We know itā€™s not necessarily as simple as the more concussions youā€™ve had means itā€™s more likely youā€™ll suffer another one, but when you start hearing of difficulties with recovery & lingering issues, that is when even single becomes a concern

And above all else, quality of life outside of football is always more important
Yeah, I think the high frequency certainly isn't helpful. It doesn't look great for him.

Happy to be proven wrong over the next 10 days butā€¦.

GWS have made Sydney and Brisbane look better than they really are. Think both will lose this week. Port match up well on the Swans and also fired up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The King twins split opinion. They are at the precipice now where potential doesn't count for a lot. I like them personally but am I contracting Max to 2032, hell no. The Demons have been burned by the long contracts they handed out and they could at least argue that they were proven players when they handed them out. Even a good player could get an injury or have personal problems off field. Glad we are not handing these sort of deals out.

The King twins split opinion. They are at the precipice now where potential doesn't count for a lot. I like them personally but am I contracting Max to 2032, hell no. The Demons have been burned by the long contracts they handed out and they could at least argue that they were proven players when they handed them out. Even a good player could get an injury or have personal problems off field. Glad we are not handing these sort of deals out.

They're structural players. You pay them to avoid having to invest in another one for close to a decade. Their value isn't captured in their raw stats. They change how you play.

Just retired from success. not ruthless as a player by recommitting to the worst club in the comp.

Wasn't there suggestions prior to his season ending injury that he should look at his options we he may need to move on from Lyon if he wants to get the best from himself

Guess he's happy to keep having the criticism coming his way when he's got a guaranteed paycheck

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back