Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I Iook at their midfield and can easily see McStay being targeted frequently. 45 goals is my tip.
Mihocek will also have another solid season.

Pies will be back to their best just as we were this year after having a downer after winning a flag.
Agreed. The supply from the Daicos's and others is elite.

Do you have an A-League team?

10yr Victory member

I haven't got to many games over recent seasons, but used to go to their games in Geelong and the odd game in Melbourne

I'm a crazy sports fan - for anyone who knew my dad, there'd be no doubting I'm his daughter and taken over his love of all things sport

Plenty of AFLW matches

Tomorrow is NRL/W Grand Final day

A-League starts in less than 2 weeks

Still plenty of football to watch
I’m glad others can enjoy ALFW but for me I just can’t get into it, I am looking forward to watching the NRL grand final tomorrow as it’s generally the only NRL match I tend to watch each year

I’m glad others can enjoy ALFW but for me I just can’t get into it
Yes, I agree. I appreciate the women making strides in the area, and from what I have seen it's greatly improved since the earlier seasons, but still it's not great regularly seeing scorelines where teams have kicked one or two goals for the whole game. I can see there was a game - North v WBD - where the Dogs didn't kick a goal.

I’m glad others can enjoy ALFW but for me I just can’t get into it, I am looking forward to watching the NRL grand final tomorrow as it’s generally the only NRL match I tend to watch each year

Totally get that and think that's the same across all sports - there'll be folks who like one format of a sport but can't get into another, and there's nothing wrong with that nor should it be frowned upon, which there can be a bit of that mindset

I think it was our preliminary final day where there was an AFLW match prior to our final and the Foxtel schedule had coverage & post match coverage for that going until a certain time. For whatever reason, Foxtel cut that coverage off early to go to extra early pre-match talk on what was happening in the AFL and that pissed off more than a few folk - I saw a comment from one guy who said, "not all of us give a shit about AFL", I had a chuckle at that

Same. Still a long way away from getting my attention.

I will probably watch the Storm tomorrow, but I can't get into Aus soccer.

Lucky tennis is on year-round for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back