Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both were Rachele. Just awful from him.

Rankine and Dawson are a 2 man team for Adelaide at the moment. The rest look shot. No cohesion at all.
Yeah, Rachele just selfish.

The one that was frustrating most was his team getting a fast break off half back, him marking and brought to ground, then choosing to complain and Shrug to the umpires about not getting a 50 rather than getting straight back up and hitting his mate running through the corridor. If I was his coach I would absolutely tear strip's off him in front of the group.

Makes you appreciate having the list we have where we would just drop him immediately for that. Adelaide doesn't have the flexibility to do that

Yeah, Rachele just selfish.

The one that was frustrating most was his team getting a fast break off half back, him marking and brought to ground, then choosing to complain and Shrug to the umpires about not getting a 50 rather than getting straight back up and hitting his mate running through the corridor. If I was his coach I would absolutely tear strip's off him in front of the group.

Makes you appreciate having the list we have where we would just drop him immediately for that. Adelaide doesn't have the flexibility to do that
I would drop him Crows season is already gone make a statement

The hitherto return to obscurity from Burgess, who looked like a chisel-chinned Wayne Carey against us was subbed out early in the 3rd quarter. Took contested marks against Geelong, but that was the end of my goalkicking multi when he got the vest. Does annoy me a bit when players do that, he might be the Crow's version of bloody Wiedeman, who dominated the 1st quarter of the 2018 EF for the Dees, and managed 5 the game last year vs Geelong when Hawkins kicked his 8. Put him in games against other sides and he'd struggle to get a kick in Gai Waterhouse's stables.

Early days.
Just looking at the quality of lists.
Demons, Dogs, Swans, Pies, Lions, Port, GWS, Blues, ?
On pure list quality they should make the 8.
8th spot- who knows, maybe us..?

They did a list analysis yesterday on SEN- we were not in the top 10.
We will finish ahead of Brisbane, and possibly Collingwood, if we win this weekend.

We will finish ahead of Brisbane, and possibly Collingwood, if we win this weekend.
We have not looked emphatic yet this year, so beating Dogs would be very meritorious. I rate their list, not their coach.
Ladder finish by rd 24, I have no idea about this, way too many games ahead and lots can happen.

So Adelaide re-sign Nicks for 2 further seasons and they haven't won a game since going 0-3 just since his signing

Wonder how much the board is sitting back and thinking, "well * this isn't ideal"...
The manner of the losses is the most concerning.

The way Adelaide lost last night was identical to how the game went against us. Diabolical service to the forward line, allow the opposition to get an extra man behind the ball then kick straight to the extra, then concede turnover scores from the back half.

this is coaching 101, it is pretty basic stuff.

rankine was clearly frustrated on a number of occasions at the brain dead stuff that his teammates were doing when going forward. After a while he just said “bugger this I am gonna do it all myself” and it almost turned the game.

They are in real strife

The way Adelaide lost last night was identical to how the game went against us. Diabolical service to the forward line, allow the opposition to get an extra man behind the ball then kick straight to the extra, then concede turnover scores from the back half.

rankine was clearly frustrated on a number of occasions at the brain dead stuff that his teammates were doing when going forward. After a while he just said “bugger this I am gonna do it all myself” and it almost turned the game.

They are in real strife
They may be, but how many teams would beat Melbourne right now? They are hot. Crows have sauntered into 2024, no doubt. They looked more intense last night, but were no match as far as poise and skills.

Last edited:
They may be, but how many teams would beat Melbourne right now? They are hot. Crows have sauntered into 2024, no doubt. They looked more intense last night, but were no match as far as poise and skills.

Depending on match location, I wouldn't put it past GWS, Fremantle, Sydney, Carlton and us to beat them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two games today:
Bears vs Norf
Paer vs Bummers
norf should always be known as norf. It's kind of funny checking AFL tables and seeing the likes of Bailey Scott (talk about pulling the wrong rein) and noticing that he's played 81 games and has yet to reach double figures in wins. Their team win percentage is about 26%, I guess the younger Eagles will have a similar trend. As some of the norf players reach 50 games, the loss percentages in AFL tables will be filled with them.

They are in real strife

Their plan A to stop Stewart was to send a young midfielder to play a hard tag, while also playing with a fast counters at all costs, he might as well have had no opponent in that first quarter. They played a three tall forward-line... maybe send one of them (kolodashnij's direct opponent) to stand Stewart. Then move the ball elsewhere

reactions-home-alone2.gif

When you see that you play North next weekend... At home.

200w.gif

When you realise we play North a 2nd time this year.

reactions-home-alone2.gif

When you see that you play North next weekend... At home.

200w.gif

When you realise we play North a 2nd time this year.
Hah - hah

What we need at our 40k capacity fortress KP - is a Geel supporter to have what i consider the best football banner ive ever seen

And that was about 25-30 years - the Canberra Raiders , known the as the Green Machine at the time , an absolute powerhouse , Laurie Daley , Ricky Stuart , Mal Meninga - Jackson , Bradley Clyde , Gary Belcher etc etc

And at Bruce Stadium , their home ground this supporter had a big banner , waving in the wind , and it read - " Life is a bittch , and then you have to play the Raiders " - ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back