Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Mabior Chol played like Wayne Carey against us, but he's more like Stefan Carey against the Swans.

Hawks are really bad but i am amazed that they are beating Sydney in inside 50s
They all seem to charge forward off the backline every single play, so they actually do have numbers running through the centre to amass a solid number of I50s. But

a) Most of their I50s are just wild hack-n-hope or directionless long bombs.
b) Once they turn it over, they get absolutely killed on the rebound because everyone's out of position. The number of times Sydney seemed to just have someone in space in their forward line was almost comical.

Just had a Tiggers supporter tell me the 2017 Crows team was better than our 2022 premiership side in the replies to that tweet. It's almost sad how delusional they are.

This bloke is seriously like the Black Knight in a Monty Python skit. Check this out...

1714296760147.png
1714296792335.png
1714296832122.png

1714296862465.png

Shots fired on Sammy Mitchell by Hawks supporters on the main board. The kool aid is wearing off.
We really need him under fire making short term decisions with his back to the wall for three or four more years. The board needs to give him some Ken Hinkley style slack until then

We really need him under fire making short term decisions with his back to the wall for three or four more years. The board needs to give him some Ken Hinkley style slack until then
Sammy needs 3 more years to develop his plan to fruition.

Please

Keep Jeff Kennett out of the mix and "let Sammy Stay!:

GO CAtters

I hope Norf is watching all of this because this is their future post Clarkson…well assuming they survive that long in all seriousness

Sloane was a very good player for a few years there and it's sad that he has been hit hard by injuries in the latter part of his career.

I had a look at the Crows board and most of them are reliving Sloane's big hit on Danger in the 2017 prelim, calling it Sloane's career highlight.

Have to laugh a bit... career highlight for a Crows player is a moment in a prelim win, when the team absolutely bottled the GF the next week.

Danger came home and... you know.....

1714365175088.png

1714365326127.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammy needs 3 more years to develop his plan to fruition.

Please

Keep Jeff Kennett out of the mix and "let Sammy Stay!:

GO CAtters
I was thinking about this today.

2 x threepeats and both are crap now. Yet both bang on about being the greatest blah blah blah.

Our 89 (and probably 95 if not more) team would slaughter them, as would their own Hawks and a few others most likely.
As for Richmond ... crickets.

IF Rory played in Vic, do we think he'd be held in higher esteem?

This is fair company he joins

I think everyone rated Sloane when he was fit. He just hasn't been fit for the best part of 5 years. I would say he is Joel Corey tier mid rather than Danger and Selwood tier, good player nonetheless.

We have played a phenomenal number of top 4 hit outs over the journey. More wins than most have games

I think it's Collingwood with 38 games who've played the second most, and that is equal to how many wins we have, so it really puts into perspective just how long we've been at the top of the ladder

I do love Port fans trying to use this as proof not being flat track bullies - but as pointed out to them it's likely that the vast majority of those wins came prior to 119 with the majority of the losses coming since then

And I think it's been pointed out that these stats don't include finals, purely based on H&A games - otherwise there'd be a draw for Collingwood & St Kilda

Probably that year where they pinged from the gates and then didn't win another game after Ablett got injured in like round 10.

Found it. It was Round 2, 2022. They were 4th and played Melbourne who were 2nd. Only lost by 13 points too.

Found it. It was Round 2, 2022. They were 4th and played Melbourne who were 2nd. Only lost by 13 points too.

I got curious also and had 2 tabs open - Footywire to check their season and the AFL ladder site

I thought it'd be early in the season as I can't remember too often them being in the top 8 at the halfway mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back