Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the tiniest outside bet on for West Coast to win and holy **** to I regret that immediately. They look almost lost.

There's often a belief that when a team changes coach mid-season, that it somehow galvanises the team or reignites some apparent dying passion within the playing group

Instead with WCE, it's almost done the opposite and that may just be down to how things played out last week, but maybe the playing group isn't as supportive of Simpson moving on as the board was

There's often a belief that when a team changes coach mid-season, that it somehow galvanises the team or reignites some apparent dying passion within the playing group

Instead with WCE, it's almost done the opposite and that may just be down to how things played out last week, but maybe the playing group isn't as supportive of Simpson moving on as the board was
Yeah that's perfectly said!

They seem to be flat as anything, but thank god St Kilda suck too tehehe

Usually a coach gets the sack because the players are crap.

It is very rare that a coach gets the sack because the team is just underperforming its talent level.

South Sydney this year is an example of the latter. Talented team with a bad coach.

WC falls into the much more common category of coach gets sacked because the players are just no good. New coach can’t change that.

And no one is more confused by this than me
Living in Adelaide for the past 14 yrs but born and bred sth aussie from near Mt Gambier I just love it when both Adelaide afl sides implode its just glorious to watch and hear.
Just wait possibly a few more rounds before Port hopefully put themselves out of official reach of finals, their supporters will continue the pile on for Hinkley to resign immediately (even w 2yrs on his contract).

Wonder how long it'll be before West Coast are competitive again. They're an absolute indictment and have been for a long time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living in Adelaide for the past 14 yrs but born and bred sth aussie from near Mt Gambier I just love it when both Adelaide afl sides implode its just glorious to watch and hear.
Just wait possibly a few more rounds before Port hopefully put themselves out of official reach of finals, their supporters will continue the pile on for Hinkley to resign immediately (even w 2yrs on his contract).
I have lived in Adelaide 20 years, it has been glorious

Tim Kelly as a Cat - 48 games for 30 wins.
Tim Kelly as an Eagle - 91 games for 27 wins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back