Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to say that was my reaction to it as well. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and that he was ignorant of that event.

Not sure how he could possibly be, or how he could've forgotten.......but, have to give the benefit of the doubt I guess.

True story.......was in the area at the time, my daughter has links to the event, and I had to call the local radio station to ask they pull an ad promoting jumping castles for kids.....like, what the???

Three in-depth explanations provided!

Keays on Caldwell:

The incident involving Ben Keays and Jye Caldwell from the Fourth Quarter of Friday night’s match between Essendon and Adelaide was assessed. Caldwell gathers a loose ball following a boundary throw in and is tackled by Keays with his right arm. Caldwell is able to get his left arm down to protect his fall and reduce the force of any impact. It is the view of the MRO that Keays exercised his duty of care in executing the tackle. Accordingly, in the view of the MRO, Keay’s actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

Caddy on Dawson:

The incident involving Nate Caddy and Jordan Dawson from the Third Quarter of Friday night’s match between Essendon and Adelaide was assessed. The ball is loose in play and Dawson is pushed forward and downwards into the path of Caddy as he attempts to kick the ball off the ground. High contact is made by Caddy on Dawson. It was the view of the MRO that it was reasonable for Caddy to contest the ball in the way that he did and in the circumstances which included Dawson being pushed forward and downwards into his path. No further action was taken

Guelfi on Berry:

The incident involving Matt Guelfi and Sam Berry from the Third Quarter of Friday night’s match between Essendon and Adelaide was assessed. Berry takes possession of the ball before Guelfi lays a tackle, rolling Berry to ground. It was the view of the MRO that Guelfi did not sling, drive or rotate Berry to ground with excessive force. The MRO did not consider that Guelfi’s actions were unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are any of the Collingwood older brigade likely to retire at the end of the year? Latest I heard was that Pendles, Hoskin-Elliott and Howe were all in line for contract extensions. Not sure on the others.

They’ve been ordinary all year, having on by sheer nerve. It’s gone now, last week broke them. I wonder how David King is going to spin this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back