Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues not in the box is a surprise

They have a leaky defence, everyone thinks because they have Weitering, Kemp, McGovern etc that they have good team defence.

Actually one of the easiest teams to score on through turnover, if you can hold their forwards and keep their mids accountable to run defensively (Cripps, Walsh, Cerra) then you can beat them in shootouts.

If you let them beat you out of stoppage, they’ll roast you. They are a fantastic contested ball side, much like their coach was as a player.

I might contribute to that gofundme

😂 - I love that they had to put this out there, maybe it's an indication that their social media team isn't as good as GWS's and they need to stop trying to be

Limited player but has a crack. He is the guy everyone on here wanted to draft instead of Cooper Stephens I think?

Instead of SDK too. He's a battler at best.

Great read this thread:

Posters celebrating Robertson and Kemp sliding when players like Kosi Pickett, Will Day and Cody Weightman were taken ahead of them. Then mayhem when we passed on both for SDK and Stephens.

Robertson described as "our next Selwood", etc.

Instead of SDK too. He's a battler at best.

Great read this thread:

Posters celebrating Robertson and Kemp sliding when players like Kosi Pickett, Will Day and Cody Weightman were taken ahead of them. Then mayhem when we passed on both for SDK and Stephens.

Robertson described as "our next Selwood", etc.

People forget how good SDK was in 2022.
It was debated who had a better Rookie year between SDK and Nick Freaking Daicos, like they genuinely were head and shoulders above everyone else.

Stephens was a bit of a miss, but hindsight is always 20/20. Who knows what happens is we take Dev or Kemp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget how good SDK was in 2022.
It was debated who had a better Rookie year between SDK and Nick Freaking Daicos, like they genuinely were head and shoulders above everyone else.

Stephens was a bit of a miss, but hindsight is always 20/20. Who knows what happens is we take Dev or Kemp.

Of those 4 you're taking SDK number 1 every time. Amusingly he was the pick that people were genuinely angry over at the time.

Kemp is ok and could be a good medium defender but I'd be shocked if he's ever considered a gun player.

Robertson is a battler who will be lucky to play 100 games.

Stephens was a risk which clearly didn't pay off. I wonder what we saw from him pre injury to make us pull the trigger cause if he had any acceleration it was gone by the time he was fit again.

Paul Roos said the Carlton ( early 80s when they were a powerhouse and won multiple flags ) 2nds side would easily beat the current Nth Melb team

He's been rightly lambasted for that on X too. For starters, those reserves players would be in their 60s or 70s nowadays. ;)

He's been rightly lambasted for that on X too. For starters, those reserves players would be in their 60s or 70s nowadays. ;)
One of my favourite interviews from a few years ago a soccer player was asked how his team from the late 90s/early 2000s would go against his clubs current team and he said they would win by 2 or 3 goals and when the interviewer goes "really?" he replied "yeah it would be more but most of us are in our 50s."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back