Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 weeks is the minimum Rankine deserves

Lined up a bloke who wasn't looking at him or aware the hit was coming so couldn't brace and knocked him out.

I've seen some put a level of blame on Starcevich for that bump due to lack of awareness and he should have been prepared for it

The ball wasn't even in play for heaven's sake - sorry but there's only one player responsible for the outcome of that bump, and it's the guy currently looking at 4 weeks on the sidelines

I've seen some put a level of blame on Starcevich for that bump due to lack of awareness and he should have been prepared for it

The ball wasn't even in play for heaven's sake - sorry but there's only one player responsible for the outcome of that bump, and it's the guy currently looking at 4 weeks on the sidelines
I don't know who it is that put some blame on stacevich but they need to know they're wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott (Geelong)​

Cummings: 8.5

Gossage: 9

“Two flags, 70 per cent winning record, he’s a star.”

Okay cool. Very close to a 10/10 tenure.

Michael Voss (Carlton)​

Cummings: 8.5

“Picked up rabble and weathered a horrible storm last year when they (critics) were all going berserk again.”

Gossage: 8

“Outstanding. They’re the real deal.”

Confusion Reaction GIF

In the 8 all 2022 only to lose a finals place with a minute to go in the season.
Make a prelim in 2023.

Scotty Cummings struggling with indigestion thinking of that rating.

Vossy has a higher combined rating that Longmire (1 flag 4 GFs). Fagan (1GF). Goodwin (1 flag). Beveridge (1 flag). Simpson (1 flag).

It don't add up son...
I don't know the parameters used, but maybe they should use the entire coaching career in their calculation? Surely Crazy Vossy drags him down a bit.

Not getting a vote in the round 22 win against Collingwood when he was clearly best on ground is extremely suspect
I've only been closely following Aussie Rules about 15 years, but have been a lifelong sports fan. The AFL is probably the twistiest, parochial organization I've seen without being nakedly corrupt like a couple of the international ones are.

4 weeks is the minimum Rankine deserves

Lined up a bloke who wasn't looking at him or aware the hit was coming so couldn't brace and knocked him out.
and its 15 m off the ball . The AFL should have gone super hard on stuff not in the contest - 4 weeks feels right.

GO Catters

What's wrong about this article?

The Smith thing is a nice thing to hear, and the Hawkins thing is also very likely true. He doesnt talk shit about Hawkins - he is clear about how gracious Hawkins is.

ACL for Lewis

So many ACL injuries this year and yet we are one of the fortunate ones who have avoided it.

I know Morrison had 2 ACL injuries in our AFLW team, but outside of that I can't think of any within the last 5 years.

Maybe Narkle back in 2017 was the last one?

What happened to Narkle? He was playing well for Port last year.

What happened to Narkle? He was playing well for Port last year.
played this week and kicked a goal late for them from 45 on the run

GO Catters

What's wrong about this article?

The Smith thing is a nice thing to hear, and the Hawkins thing is also very likely true. He doesnt talk shit about Hawkins - he is clear about how gracious Hawkins is.

Likely is about it. It's all hot air and supposition, with no direct quote from Tom at all. Guessing at Bailey Smith. He thinks Smith would fit well, but it's accompanied by sledging the Government funding our stadium. Ralph assumes a lot of things, while having an each way bet, with clearly no evidence to reveal anything we don't already know. So an opinionated puff piece, like all his reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back