Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

On Cameron's tackle, I see him tucking his head under Duggan's chin as he takes him down. I played American football up to high school and to me that looks like a deliberate attempt to hurt. Back in my day, that was the sort of thing you might do with your helmet.

In regards to the latest which is from St Kilda player Lance Collard, he reportedly used said language against multiple opponents during the match - so it wasn't just a once off, "heat of the moment" thing

And as a reminder about St Kilda - this is a week ago...

"The Sydney Swans take on St Kilda this weekend for the annual pride round game celebrating the LGBTI+ community. The annual fixture between the two clubs began in 2016 to celebrate diversity and inclusion and to ensure everyone feels welcome at the football."

Thinking St Kilda won't be too happy...

Brisbane star Charlie Cameron seems certain to be suspended for at least three weeks for the dumping tackle that concussed West Coast’s Liam Duggan, as the league debates the legality of Toby Bedford’s dumping tackle on Tiger midfielder Tim Taranto.

Cameron’s coach Chris Fagan came to his defence after the Lions’ victory as he cited the lack of remonstration from Eagles teammates after the tackle.

But Cameron clearly wrapped up both of Duggan’s arms and then took four or five steps before driving him into the ground. He ended up falling on top of Duggan as he drove him to the ground, with the Eagles utility concussed for the second time since June.

The AFL looks at two factors - excessive force, and whether the player is in a vulnerable position - when it judges dangerous tackles.

Cameron is likely to have ticked both boxes for MRO boss Michael Christian, which means he would be guilty of a careless act which has to be assessed as severe force given Duggan’s concussion. It means Cameron, let off from suspension earlier this year after the tribunal assessed him as having a good record, would miss games against Sydney at home, Gold Coast away and St Kilda away.

Mouth breathers online are comparing that tackle to Dangerfields one from a few weeks ago, wouldn't be surprised if they try and use the same defense we did [even though the acts weren't the same].

To be fair didn't Ross have a habit of bullying women, not homophobic slurs.

I thought that was an issue at Fremantle in regards to a staff member

Mouth breathers online are comparing that tackle to Dangerfields one from a few weeks ago, wouldn't be surprised if they try and use the same defense we did [even though the acts weren't the same].

How's that possibly comparable to Danger's tackle? He was pulling Walsh back and if anything trying to avoid the head-first issue (momentum was too much, leaving aside any implication that Walsh might've leaned into it). Here, Cameron is almost driving him to the ground (not exactly head-first, but certainly without much regard for protecting the head). Totally different scenarios and weird to even try and compare the two.

😁

1721024054650.png

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

Season 1 Mona GIF by Nanalan'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a comparison, we got just under 4000 less than Richmond got yesterday to the game against Fremantle in 2004 which was so cold, wet and windy that Jeff Farmer suffered a mild case of hypothermia - and our ground was a lot less developed back then than it is now so a large portion of the ground wasn't undercover.

1721030435322.png

Was just about to post this exact image

Surely the only winner out of that sort of offer is Battle & St Kilda for the pick they receive

Battle the only winner. They might get "overs" for Battle but if you are rebuilding, losing AFL standard players is the biggest sin, they are hard enough to find in the first place.

Here's each of the incidents

Wtf thats stupid. Rosas is the worst non football act of all 4 and gets the least ban. Are they complete morons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back