Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion, but Barass is overrated and his form the last couple of years has been nothing special.

With Lewis constantly getting injured, they still look a marking weapon short up forward as far as 2024-2026.

They're looking good but not over the line yet and I could still see them being 3-4 quality additions away from a premiership team.

The one thing I begrudgingly admire about Hawthorn is that they always 'play tall'.

No matter what, they play above their symbolic 'stature'.

That's what makes them dangerous.

Never say die.

The one thing I begrudgingly admire about Hawthorn is that they always 'play tall'.

No matter what, they play above their symbolic 'stature'.

That's what makes them dangerous.

Never say die.
Most Hawks and Geelong supporters hate each other but respect each other at the same time which makes us all sick lol

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good result for our top 4 chances, the bomber are still two wins behind us so them winning doesn't really hurt us at all.

It's a significant thing now that I've seen the numbers. Carlton with 55 frees for their twin towers, whereas Cameron and Hawkins/Neale or whatever we have can't buy a free. Assuming that say one in three of those frees would be in a genuine goalscoring position, that's maybe 15-18 goals they've got from those, whereas not only do we not get the, we give away kicks that may have been a goal to us (or alternatively not get ones we should too like last night), in such a close season it has an impact. We've lost to two contenders by less than a goal at home, and to the Dees by not a lot. I really struggle to work out the difference between those forwards, and the treatment they seem to cop.
Yep. I can only imagine it's the crowd influence or something else, because our forwards aren't doing anything too different otherwise

Top 4 is looking pretty good.

All the teams around us have hard games and some v each other.

Beat Freo and it's probably a lock.

Lose and it's still a solid chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back